Status
Not open for further replies.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Then lets wait 2 more days, Its going to be same story again next month, "they are trying" and you guys will be defending them with "They are really trying their best, and we should wait until they announce something" and dismissing everyone.. who question about their irresponsibility? .. Sorry for this but i am really frustrated my last post until 1 May!

Wow you have seen the beta testers posts/videos so it's obvious they are working hard. Simply do what I am doing in the meantime whilst waiting for patch, play other video games. It's so simple and makes the wait for me easy?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have never posted anything negative before this, i just have been reading about updated since i bought the game in January and was really looking forward for patch release, but now i am getting frustrerad. What kind of developer does this?! Releasing a bad product, no support, no information , then misleading information? Even if they manage to fix this.. this was the last game i am buying from this irresponsible developers! and What is the point of posting all these things, bat pad and stuff like? because the patch was supposed to released "End of april"

my point of posting that stuff was because a lot of that stuff has literally just started to show this week. if they'd shut off the beta 2 weeks ago to submit for console we would have a much worse game than we will eventually end up. that's the only reason for posting it, to try and get people to see that.

the choice was dismissals like this, which we've never had before

or something that 2 weeks ago was nowhere near the level it is now.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
my point of posting that stuff was because a lot of that stuff has literally just started to show this week. if they'd shut off the beta 2 weeks ago to submit for console we would have a much worse game than we will eventually end up. that's the only reason for posting it, to try and get people to see that.

"THE BEST"

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Then lets wait 2 more days, Its going to be same story again next month, "they are trying" and you guys will be defending them with "They are really trying their best, and we should wait until they announce something" and dismissing everyone.. who question about their irresponsibility? .. Sorry for this but i am really frustrated my last post until 1 May!

Let's be realistic and logical. Yes we all want a perfect cricket video game yesterday but wishing it won't make it happen. Let's evaluate options at this time...

1. Status Quo with DBC 17 remaining as is and we all wait for the next edition (DBC 19) 2 years down the line.
2. Big Ant meet some arbitrary deadline (end of April) for Patch 4 which fixes a few things but sin't anywhere close to the game we are all looking for.
3. Wait for some more time and get a much better and a much more comprehensive Patch 4 which hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) fixes majority of the bugs and takes DBC 17 to the next level.

I don't know about you but to me option 3 is the best option. I almost look it at as getting a new game.

Plotinus

Associate Captain

Really excited about the bat-pad changes. I spend 99% of my time playing as a career leg spinner and have never been able to use close catchers because there was never anything for them to catch. This will add another dimension to the game for me. Thanks for posting.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Really excited about the bat-pad changes. I spend 99% of my time playing as a career leg spinner and have never been able to use close catchers because there was never anything for them to catch. This will add another dimension to the game for me. Thanks for posting.

You're very welcome!

It's transformed mate. It's twofold - obviously it's better bowling cuz there's better dismissals and stuff but also it gives that element of captaincy that was missing... you find yourself wanting another man round the bat and wondering where you can pinch him from and keep the field balanced... bowling spin on an Asian dustbowl is epic now.[DOUBLEPOST=1493499084][/DOUBLEPOST]

I've hardly touched career so far but now I can see myself setting up as a Sri Lankan muster spinner!

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The thing is based off of BA history delays have happened before and so people should be ready to deal/accept with it. I don't understand the point of typing 'Two days till the end of April' then having the circlejerk of 'I hate Big Ant' like all those posts. If you don't like how Big Ant are operating either a)Stop supporting them or B) develop your own game.

I don't mind the delay because I haven't played the game in months (and I assume a lot of you complainers haven't as well) so for me this patch will make me start. When doesn't matter as long as when the time comes around the game is of a good enough standard (in my opinion) to be played. Before then this patch and release date have no impact on my life and realistically none on the people who are hating on the site.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
You're very welcome!

It's transformed mate. It's twofold - obviously it's better bowling cuz there's better dismissals and stuff but also it gives that element of captaincy that was missing... you find yourself wanting another man round the bat and wondering where you can pinch him from and keep the field balanced... bowling spin on an Asian dustbowl is epic now.[DOUBLEPOST=1493499084][/DOUBLEPOST]

I've hardly touched career so far but now I can see myself setting up as a Sri Lankan muster spinner!
Yes...that's what I'm looking forward to. At the moment I bowl to a single field setting which has no close fielders (save for an underused 2nd slip) and is essentially a run-saving set up. I really want to be making the sort of decisions about moving a couple of close catchers in to try to force a wicket at the risk of leaking a few runs. Whole different game.

D

Dutch

Yes...that's what I'm looking forward to. At the moment I bowl to a single field setting which has no close fielders (save for an underused 2nd slip) and is essentially a run-saving set up. I really want to be making the sort of decisions about moving a couple of close catchers in to try to force a wicket at the risk of leaking a few runs. Whole different game.
You really have to think now the way the ai play and how slips and close fielders come into play....you can really say okay I am going to have three overs with some close fielders in and see what happens.... an ai doesnt just roll
Over they look for some other way to get runs or wait for the bad ball

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have no problem on waiting,all i wish the patch 4 brings us a proper cricket game meanwhile i bought Fifa17 to fill up the spare time.We must have faith on DBC17 as its the only cricket game available.
I also suggest @BigAntStudios to produce an expansion in the future for DBC17 instead of DBC19.An enhanced DBC17 with new feature would be better than a new game imo

Last edited:

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Thinking of the amount of time and energy going into the patch with the help of community members, arn't BA doing the RIGHT thing by all of us??? YES they are..........

I've bought games in the past that were so alpha or beta level when released - with NO further development time added to fix those issues. And yet BA is still working hard on their game for us, the paying public.

The reason I don't bother posting here in the forum "apart from this little update" is there are way too many delicate petals believing the world owes them something, with no gratitude and in many cases no intelligent commentary, but rather a continual barrage of negativity, ranting and self indulgence.

Very, very sad.....

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Does that mean wkt keeper is not a superhuman who jumps 10 feet in the air to snaffle nearly everything? Wouldn't want to see only the well timed shots escaping the keeper's wrath. Other than edges, wkt keeper shouldn't be able to do much with cut shots whether timed well or not.

I take it you never saw Colin Metson keep.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How much of this would be fixed if it wasn't for the so called negativity? If we did what the white knight group of forum favourites wanted us to do and just gave BigAnt a gold medal would anything have been fixed at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread