End Game Explosive Mafia - Endgame Mafia (zwarrior, asprin & RUDOLPH)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No Lynch is still fit for the situation @Villain . Town bomb, for obvious reasons will just be quiet as it is having big % to hurt town if he decides to activate in this situation. I would see the use of town bomb only if town reaches some panic with mafia being 2 in count & town being 3 in count for example. But we won't reach that worse, it just takes town to work and come together.

Only challenge I see is - how to bring that Godfather to lights.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Interesting setup. Never been involved with these kind of characters in mafia. The bomb thing.

And are we supposed to believe him ?

But I don't think he has ever claimed this early into the game?

Vanilla townies getting killed is never a best case scenario.

I didn't understand why you FOSed him ?

Just because they don't agree with you, doesn't mean they can't put forward their theories.

He took it seriously. That's why he came up with some stats. We need to think from both the ways. He has got some point actually.

Also, by reading the setup. looks like K9 will not get to know whether the bomb is from mafia or town. SO, that's an added risk. If K9 diffuses the townie bomb, then it will be a slight disadvantage. So, he should analyze the situation properly and diffuse. So, we need to start making conversations/lynching/FOS. Then only the pressure will be put on the players and we will get an idea on who is who and that will help the K9 to narrow down the targets.

Also, @AliB . Please post your views too.

Yes.

FOS: Ali

He hasn't posted anything. Maybe he is trying to go under the radar ? What are you hiding ali ?

He is online, ( I didn't "stalk" his profile, before anyone jumps in). I have seen him post so many times since morning.

Okay.

What ? How can we get to know the bombers ? Yes, it is obvious that we should take out the bombers first, but we need to pin him down. And hope Simon gets Ali's replacement fast enough. As he hasn't actually posted anything, we have no idea what his role might be.

1- I did not understand first point ?
2- So, the bomb can explode, say now or anytime during the game?

He told Simon told him. I mean he said he will pm Simon. Maybe Simon told to him in pm ?[DOUBLEPOST=1497504653][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now, Simon or FK, please confirm this.

Alright. Let's try this out.

No Lynch

This is my first nightless game and I was wondering why everyone are still posting after Simon ended day 1. lol

Anyway, I hope the K9 is more careful in defusing the bombs. We have 1 town bomb we don't want the town bomb to be diffused.

Maybe he got to know that no one will get majority hence followed the 'no lynch'.

If they claim now, they are dead. The K9 should only claim once atleast 2 bombs are diffused and is confident those two are mafias.
But my question is, once k9 finds out the bomb, can he defuse that later ? Because he might not be clear whether the k9 is town or mafia at that time.

Did not understand ?

Who told there must be lynch everyday ?

And why is that ?

How can he make the town bomb go after someone ?

Any reasons why you named them or just gut feeling?

Nah. It's related. I didn't make myself clear, I think.

Villain said- I find it very strange of @ surendar to jump on the bandwagon and lynch Alib.

So, I said - Maybe he got to know that no one will get majority hence followed the 'no lynch'.. Meaning, he is following the bandwagon.

Now - Full disclosure, I didn't have zwarrior pegged as scum, he was on my NULL list.
The first few posts *might* have had him half outing Rudolph and then trying to defend him. They also shared a common attempt to start something against Ali. The way z went after Ali kinda makes me want to eliminate the possibility of Villain being scum.

I was hoping to see some write-up. I guess the last minute change in the setup might have prevented that.

And you wonder why you get killed on night 1 :p

Buy why should we even go for a lynch? I like Passport's idea of playing the waiting game. It might work, it might not work. But at least we can avoid causalities this early in the game.

No benefit of doubt? Maybe perhaps he hasn't been online? That looks too eager to me to be honest.

From what I gathered from the writeup, I think the bomb role goes like this:

Scenario 1
  • Let's say "X" is bomb (town or mafia wouldn't matter since same rules apply to both)
  • There are 5 players in game, so 3 is needed for majority.
  • On a given day, "X" has 2 votes against him.
  • Now before a hammer is reached, "X" can use his PR to take out a person with him (this is where the "majority" part comes into picture).
  • I think he can also choose to not use his PR but that seems highly unlikely.
Scenario 2
  • Let's say "X" is mafia bomb and "Y" is godfather.
  • On a given day, "Y" has 2 votes against him.
  • Now before a hammer is reached, "X" can use his PR to take out a person with him so as to sacrifice himself to save the godfather.
Scenario 3
  • Let's say "X" is town bomb and "Z" is townie (and X's gut feeling is that Z is townie)
  • On a given day, "Z" has 2 votes against him.
  • Now before a hammer is reached, "X" can use his PR to take out a person with him so as to sacrifice himself to save the townie.

Sounds about right?

Yes, a good ploy. Now that the K9 has a different target to investigate, it's advantage town no matter how slight. Personally, I feel the mafia are playing well because as far as I'm concerned, I don't have any real suspect as of yet. There hasn't been any major "spill the beans" moment so it's quite difficult to judge anyone. Might make the K9's job that much harder but I hope he will be able to pick up something that I haven't till now.

I don't really have anything extra to add here other than the fact that I found FP's strategy of "no lynch" to be reasonable.

I did find surendar's last moment switch to be somewhat odd though. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt at the moment.

Well, I've already stated it before. As of now, no one has looked scum to me. There were some posts that might have raised an eyebrow but not convincing enough for me.

Because he hasn't given me any reason not to. His posts appear to favor town. Not that it makes him 100% townie but it doesn't make his sus as well.

Who are you referring to here?

Yes, he did want to lynch but changed his mind after the replacement. If I was in his place, I would have done the same (not the lynch, but unlynch after the replacement). But your obsession with that single point is kind of giving out the wrong signals. To a bystander, it's looking like you want to force a lynch on surendar.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm rather trying to find a reason as to why you keep targeting one person.

I don't think the K9 would get the alignment result in his investigation - only whether the investigated guy has a bomb or not.

I think this was more of a blind shot than a calculated one. I've gone through CK's posts and as far as I'm concerned, I couldn't pinpoint a post which would reveal that he had PR. He did do some questioning in the earlier part of the game but I assume that's normal since day 1 usually goes like that.

The loss of K9 means the mafia bomb is in the green. It would have helped us immensely if we could have stretched this to day 4 as I'm sure CK would have role claimed by then. We gotta put every post under the radar now. That's the only way we can find out the godfather.

Oh dear! I just realized one more thing. With the K9 gone now, the mafia can easily support the "No lynch" strategy and keep stretching the days as they no longer have to worry about being exposed by the investigator. This means the town bomb, if he strikes gold, would tilt the odds in our favor massively. He is the key now for sure.

You said it yourself.

Also, I find your statement of going after those who voted "no lynch" negative. How would those advocating no lynch policy be suspects. Before the start of this day, it was the reasonable path to take as it was giving K9 the opportunity to keep investigating new player daily. It was something that the mafia couldn't have afforded to go on with for very long.

So it would be interesting to hear why you think it was not a good idea.

I didn't "blur" that. I thought that was a given and something that needn't be pointed out.

You gotta admit it, that's hard to believe. How could you miss that?

I don't want to have a go at one person and then have it come back to haunt me later but you're forcing me to question again. It was made pretty clear that hammer and bomb can't happen at the same time. It's either hammer or a bomb going off. Are you saying you missed Simon's writeup that started with the word "BOOM"?

I can't rule out that possibility so I'm not pushing this anymore. But you have tingled my senses.

Very true. But I was referring to the fact that Villian admitted to being confused even after Simon's confirmation. The bomb didn't go off before that, did it?

I don't follow.

By "before that", I meant "before Simon's confirmation". The bomb went off after having a confirmation from Simon. So there was no reason for Villian to have that confusion when Day 3 started.

Could be, could be not. At that point in time, my focus was on Villian so I didn't heed to it.

Again, by "after" I didn't mean immediately but rather the order in which it happened.

What do you mean by "now"?

Nope. It was because he started day 3 by saying we should go after those who had voted "No lynch". I think I had made that pretty clear.

I don't think it wasy "way too much". In fact, surendar has responded to your allegations but you haven't had a proper close out yet.

If questioning you would mean "framing you" then you might have to consider looking up the definition of the word.

Well, it was with respect to Day 3. When I said "at that point in time", it was specific to events that started from Day 3. So you can say Day 3 onwards, my focus was/is on Villian. I had made it clear that I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt and move past the targeting but since you keep bringing it up, I'm forced to defend my actions as well. It's not like I'm having a go and not backing out.

I'll have to go back and see when did PE say that. If he did it before the confirmation then he is in the green in my books.

Okay. You wanna go on? My pleasure.

- First you bring up the "go after those who voted no lynch" idea.
- When that raised suspicion (and rightly so. You didn't have a proper comeback for that), you conveniently put up the "I got confused" theory.
- Then you go about having missed Simon's confirmation when it wasn't very far from the post you made.
- Swacker questioned you about this very thing on at least two occasions now if I recall correctly. But hey, it's only me who is after you. Swacker is cool.
- I try to give you the benefit of doubt and then you come back again and accuse me of "framing you"?

Give me one reason why I shouldn't trust you now? You keep changing your statements.

But it's really that, isn't it?

That's okay. I was trying to change his notion about me being the only one who is questioning him.

I would rather that he keep going. I feel he is bound to slip-up somewhere.

This. So much this.

Maintained a very null read through the game. I haven't had a lightbulb moment reading him, leaning town.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
@Fake Passport - Why are those 2 lines contradicting?
Grrrrrr! zwarrior!! We lost our K9, damn!
This is still a positive step for us though we have lost K9
The first line seems to be trying to convey that losing the K9 is disasterous. The second line, which is in the same post, goes the other way. I stand by my assessment of it, it seems off to me...

No Lynch was great for us while we had our K9, I don't see this going anywhere except if the mafias take a chance and get one of us or our town bomb decides to target someone. How will we take this forward? Not in the favour of lynching somebody either as we barely have anything against anyone.
Pretty much - I didn't call it a siege for no reason.
I wouldn't suggest the town bomb activates, but ultimately thats a decision for them.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
@Fake Passport - It was not meant for "disaster", it was meant for "disappointment" ( referring to first line - K9 ). Why it is positive - we got one of them down from 3 to 2 ( referring to second line - Mafia ).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Alright, caught up now with all the last few pages - which was during my sleep time, It seemed like one noisy town there! Nothing concrete enough for me. Like I said before,

No Lynch

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
@surendar - Ill leave it with that point, its not something I want to get hung up on, others will form opinions etc and im happy for you to have the last word.

Here we go again! What's up...obligatory Day 1 post I guess.

Lynch RUDOLPH cause he used different typography to count himself in.

Would that be a reason why the mafia are afraid. B)

Damn you, that's the least thing anyone could do.

Damn you, you changed the words. I had a laugh at you roasting me, no worries. xD

1x Bomb - You are a bomb, town aligned.

He can be a bomb townie or either way.

Nope, let me explain that.

I knew this would come up, I posted that even before I got the role..

Seems like a good idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1497363221][/DOUBLEPOST]

yea, was about to ask the situation where we end up losing both K9 and town bomb, can you explain how good the odds are?

Fair enough, let's see how it goes.

wut? I didn't even observe that, so does it mean 'no lynch' is the strategy like Fake Passpart said?

Easy, he just had his opinion in.

How does it make anti-town? With the setup we got, you really think we should nudging around with a lynch? btw, I don't think he is insisting anyone here, he just made a proposal. Either we take it or argue with it, but you calling it anti-town is kinda weird.

What you mean is if he is a goon, he would not get blocked by K9? And without lynch, K9 can't investigate everyday?

Not really, we can totally argue without lynch is what he meant. How else do you think we should play?

Nope, wouldn't recommended the bombing at Day 1, way too risky.

yea true, but it's dumb to play as such. Want to hear more on why you FOS on me earlier?

My lynch stays.

It's not the first time you jumped into conclusion, and lynching somebody based on inactivity is bullshit.

btw, your post of "I am okey to get rid of" doesn't help townie in anyway.

Exactly, we don't need to lynch to get an idea on how it's panning out, instead we can observe, similar to what FP said.

It was the first time after awhile I saw a person lynching because of inactivity. Rudolph already voted, it doesn't mean you have to hammer with another. Make a pressure vote, let him speak.

My lynch stays cause you had a reason that was kinda weird, considering I posted that before even getting role.

Not backing, I like the idea of not lynching. If we even get to a point where we lynch a townie, and at the same time having a mafia bombing, the odds are going their way.

So do me, I am not sure whether I can understand those.

What I get from that is, if we hammer a mafia with a lynch, they can't activate the bomb?

I am still not sure where he got that info from.

Since there are two mafia bombers, assume that we lynch a bomber with votes of 3 at least, does it mean he can't activate the bomb? Or is it just the hammer which makes him not to activate?

Can I have a chocolate instead, dad?

Had it been that, the possibility of having townie bomber is likely to be? If he is still about there, then he should be careful with whom to bomb, else it will just be two townie going under the stride ending up with 2-1

It's funny that you found his recent post appealing than his original post which is just about same.

On what basis did you even think I am scummy?[DOUBLEPOST=1497614481][/DOUBLEPOST]

It's not even related to the message you quoted.

I already had my views on surendar and RUDOLPH, I recommend you to check back few page.

As of the day, 'no lynch' is the best option. Having said that, need to put pressure vote on somebody to have a view.

It was quite clearly written in first post, people getting confused is a thing, while trying to have a reason is another. Simon just made a point that a bomb and a majority lynch wouldn't happen, which was the only thing that was unclear.

I am just putting my opinion, no hard feelings, never had anything against it.

Now what I think is, if a townie lynch has reached majority the mafia bomber wouldn't go bomb himself, but rather will just keep playing the next day, and wait for us to lynch another townie and bomb the remaining when time comes.

I will put my views pretty soon, I am away atm.

tbh, asprin was the only one backing you at that point, idk why he did, but I did get surprised that you lynched right after RUDOLPH voted. It was at that moment you could have waited for Ali to respond but rather had a lynch.

Now this post here is flying under the radar way too much.

It wasn't clear until FP pointed it out, which later Simon confirmed. And I did point out that with reference to PresidentEvil.

I find it hard to believe whether you read few of the posts.

I don't trust this, but at the same time, I want to know how did you even get confused.

So you are saying PresidentEvil didn't confuse himself saying the same?

What are you suggesting?

PresidentEvil used the confusion as a way to back it off when surendar questioned, instead of contributing when we all were discussing.

The confirmation of that particular thing happened on Day 1 itself.

Still not convincing. It was just two posts behind yours, when Simon confirmed the theory.

So now you are sticking with Villian 'did confuse', while PresidentEvil didn't?

And btw was your focus on Villian, just because he questioned surendar?

You said "At that point in time, my focus was on Villian so I didn't heed to PresidentEvil." How does that mean your focus was at start of Day 3 when it was back on Day 2?

Since you are making a post only with regards to Villian, I am asking whether you will stick with Villian 'did confuse', while PresidentEvil didn't?

It's like you are posting for yourself, than posting anything that helps town.

I found your posts interesting, just because of one point, "Could be, could be not"

to be frank I didn't really want to prolong, but your posts kept on hinting me to do.

I couldn't take decisions on my own., I want to wait on others opinion to get a good idea.

I want to reread his because alot of his stuff is conversational and needs context to make any sense. Its 12:30 at night and I'm struggling, however gut says town. Once the lynch phase starts I think swacks convos are going to be gold.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
That action must be performed before a lynch vote reaches majority, and the only two people to die that day will be you and your target
That action must be performed before a lynch vote reaches majority, and the only two people to die that day will be you and your target
Ive annotated some thoughts in his ISO. Essentially it comes down to whether or not you think Rudi was genuinely confused about the setup or not. At this point I don't think he's clear by any stretch, but im not about to put the house on him being scum either.
Fair enough. I took it as I read it. This is the first game I have played that someone suggested for us not to lynch. And to be perfectly honest, I wasn't going to change my mind about it until I heard from the moderator. Trust nobody in Mafia. That was also the reason I FOS'ed Fake and swacker.
Going back to my opening post "I'll smack.... " perhaps bad choice of words, but I honestly felt like swacker made it personal, hence I retaliated somewhat.
Coming to zwarrior and CerealKiller, I honestly didn't bother with either of them at the time as I was still surprised with getting a lynch before I even posted. Looking back with the ISO on me, it's clear that I was on the defense after swacker's lynch.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
After @swacker put some pressure on Villain, he started again with asprin about the same thing all over again.

yea, I was trying to find something from Villain, but turned out asprin was going defensive, so it got prolonged, which I didn't really wanted.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Again not trying to go against the same guy Surendar for no reason :) but I don't know if it's a coincidence/not:
Day 1: Rudolph lynches, Surendar follows.
Day 2: Rudolph goes for a No Lynch the very next post Surendar does the same.
Day 3: Rudolph: No Lynch, the next person to follow is Surendar.

It sounds funny lol.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
^^ I get that, is it too obvious to be a scum/scum talk though?
I'd like others to have their view on it as for me my answer might be biased but this could be something or basically nothing. But while conversing with Surendar I've found Asprin quite scummy just as others mentioned he got way too defensive and that's never a good sign.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
:) @surendar , mate you are making it look like you are my tail. Nothing personal, but please don't do that. It creates unnecessary suspicion on me.

May be it's overlooked too much? I haven't even realized that coincidence. I have a reason why i went for no lynch, so not worried.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
I suppose Rudolph is posting initially, and surendar is following the path. Either be Rudolph or anyone, he will be following the path as he is playing for first time after awhile, and I wouldn't blame him.,

Users who are viewing this thread