Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilburella

Banned
I just hope they get the AI fielding and chasing out asap and not bother waiting with other little things to add to the next patch as well.
The small things can wait.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Hi, have played a bit with the new patch. A lot of things playing a lot better, most shots are playing out quite a lot more accurately. Rain delays aren't happening in no rain. There seems to be a fair bit of improvement, thanks.

A couple of things still happening.

Camera going out of focus still happening, has happened to me three times in one 12 over match. Not when AI batted, but when I chased only.

When batting (broadcast view), I'm finding that when I want to play aggressive shots backwards of point, that it often won't attempt them, or will try to play some other shot forward of square, quite oddly sometimes on the on-side. I lofted a big six over long on when trying to play an aggressive shot between vacant backwards point and third man sort've area. Seems to happen quite a bit, but not always.

As for fielding, catches on semi-assisted still are just automatic, no pushing the stick in the direction the catch came from (which I really liked in DBC'14), as you could mis-time or forget and drop one. Nearly everything gets caught automatically.

Finally, the camera still cuts off the last part of any chase down the field in broadcast view when you field. It needs to pull up and out as the ball goes down the ground.

Otherwise, it seems like a dozen or more brilliant changes that I've seen throughout playing the new patch, so that's great. It's just easier to notice what you'd like to be fixed sometimes. Anyhow, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Good work big ant can’t wait for next patch witch has been hinted that we could see one before the new year

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the AI when it bowls in the 4th innings is a massive issue.

regardless of the target, the AI doesn't attack. i am actually pretty sure it uses ODI fields - like it goes into "run chase" mode and treats it as an ODI. this was broken in DBC17 and not looked at in dbc17 or throughout the beta. for me it kills the game but i have never seen anybody other than me complain about it.
And I had never noticed until now.
Now I'll look at it all the time! Haha thanks mate!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Good work big ant can’t wait for next patch witch has been hinted that we could see one before the new year

All in all, its hard work getting everything to be as you would like and BA do work hard. Im not sure what direction they will take now but im almost certain it will involve enhancing the game further.

If people appreciate that patience is needed, i think we will end up with a cricket game that could stand the test of time.

If and its a bit IF, it goes the way id like... and trust me im nobody we will start to look at:

Pitch deviation/Seam Movement
Pitches that deteriorate visually and visually behave differently
AI field setting that is realistic to the situation and doesn't break the immersion.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
2 things to comment on here
1) I've also experienced excessive extras as @Wilburella has mentioned, usually around 40 an innings
2) I don't understand how people can say things like "this issue has been there since day 1 and still hasn't been fixed" the game has been out for less than a month and is AI field placements and chasing away from being pretty much perfect

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Anyone confirm those weird looking bat/pad catches (or sometimes just pad catches) are reduced? I love playing spin bowler careers and those looked like something that would annoy me. :cheers

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is anyone having trouble with the academy I still can't search for teams players stadiums etc I just get the spinning wheel and need to quit out of game anrestart. My internet connection is ok I can access DBC 17 academy with no problems I have had this issue since last patch and was hoping this patch would fix it.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All we were focused on was getting game play back to what it was before release with the AI playing in a realistic manner. For example reducing the random AI slogs etc.

Lots of stuff gets mentioned in testing, some gets spoken about some doesn't. For me this Patch just gets the game to where it was prior to its release. 1.04 in my opinion did a lot of damage.

Well this is good.

I think a few more nicks and a few less slogs and we are all good?

So the pitches still don't visually deteriorate, but they do actually deteriorate?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Well this is good.

I think a few more nicks and a few less slogs and we are all good?

So the pitches still don't visually deteriorate, but they do actually deteriorate?

They have always deteriorated as far as I'm aware, but visually something is up!

I was def getting mor nicks in my last game!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They have always deteriorated as far as I'm aware, but visually something is up!

I was def getting mor nicks in my last game!

Anyone streaming some bowling? (Stuck at work)

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Really delighted to see that the career mode crash issue has been fixed and I can now return to my batsman career! Hopefully there is no more stats issues as well, but so far it all looks amazing! Great job guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread