April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Srilanka tbh will go in as favorites with their solid batting and bowling but India will win this one for sure

ferg512

International Coach
This could be a really great game, both these teams are so evenly matched it could be really hard to pick a winner..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
murali to bowl the last over with tendulkar on 190* and ten needed to win the match?

no.

I don't think it matters who goes first, although it depends if the ball spins markedly more in the second innings and the make-up of the attacks.

I fancy perera or kulasekara might come in for sri lanka. I'm not sure about dropping mendis, he's been an absolute handful when he's played this world cup, if sri lanka win the toss and it's turning in the second innings I think they might regret not having him there.

samraweera has been quite good against india though, so the whole middle order thing with sri lanka shouldn't be taken too lightly by india.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
First WC final I'll be watching as a neutral

Same! Only 2nd WC final Australia has missed since 1983, the other being 1992 - which I vaguely remember, first one I ever saw.

I'd prefer to see SL win this too, but it's hard not to cheer for Sachin. Then again I think he used up ALL his luck last night - man he was fortunate.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Replay of 2002 champions trophy final. This tournament actually reminds so much of that tournament also...

Kabooka

International Cricketer
The Lankans have so far led a relatively easy campaign in the WC. They only game that they had from the Big 4 (SA, IND, AUS & PAK) was against PAK & they lost that game. So I feel that they are largely untested against a high quality side. This is a factor that should not be discounted at all, This is the very same thing that led to the Aussie downfall in this WC (Lack of matches against big teams which leads you to make correct changes to the team & gaming strategy). So while on paper it may look an even contest, in their hearts the Lankans must be slightly doubtful about facing a quality opposition.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think except the Indians, rest of the cricket fans are supporting Sri Lanka for the final.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I think except the Indians, rest of the cricket fans are supporting Sri Lanka for the final.

I think they should. Neutrals always prefer an upset as it makes for good entertainment.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka haven't played outside their country so far in this world cup. First time they will be in a situation where they don't have the big home crowd support.

And it's the final too.

One thing I can say is that if they win it, they would have thoroughly deserved it.

So would India for that matter.

Two best teams in the competitions in the final. But I think India have played and won slightly tougher games so I give India a 55-45 advantage.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I think they should. Neutrals always prefer an upset as it makes for good entertainment.
Sri Lanka beating India won't be an upset. The main reason behind Pakistan supporting Sri Lanka is that India beated them in semis but they beated Sri Lanka so they just want a revenge for India.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
This is the biggest match of my life (so far). Sure, there was 2003 but I was only 11 then. I watched a lot of cricket but didn't understand the game as well as I do now.

I hope I am treated to the first Indian world cup triumph in my lifetime. 28 years is a long time and I wasn't around then. I've only heard stories and seen videos. That only goes so far. This will be special.

Not getting ahead of myself though. I always thought Sri Lanka would be our toughest test. Not only do they have a very balanced side, they also know our side inside out (as we know their team inside out) from playing each other so often.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
india will be drained after the intense victories over australia and pakistan in the QFs and SFs respectively. also, not getting an extra day-off like SRL.

so, the support staff and kirsten need to be on top of their game to make sure they perform with the same amount of intensity and passion. the reason i say this is because india has a long history of complacency.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
india will be drained after the intense victories over australia and pakistan in the QFs and SFs respectively. also, not getting an extra day-off like SRL.

so, the support staff and kirsten need to be on top of their game to make sure they perform with the same amount of intensity and passion. the reason i say this is because india has a long history of complacency.

I think this is where Dhoni will play a big role with his quiet calmness and down-to-earth motivational attitude.

In the post-match interview, I got the feeling that the job isn't done yet as far as Dhoni is concerned and that attitude should help the team focus for this historic occasion.

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Hmm...Will Sri Lanka play 3 spinners against India? Or will they bring in Kulaskera in place of Herath? Tough call. Herath hasn't been very impressive but Mumbai pitch will assist the spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread