Ashes Cricket 2009 FAQ

shawnymike88

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In terms of the Wii version coming out, do Wii games have region coding on them? Because I'd love to be able to grab a copy when this comes out, granted I'll be able to play it here in the US in "Region 1" for DVD's.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i dont think they will release ntsc version, but u can play imported games on wii by modding it.I think Ps3 did it best by making games region free so pirates cant get excuse for modding.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
i saw the ricky pointing interview and i was focusing on the game in the background. i see they have improved bowling actions. my question, (really stupid but interesting to me) is it always the same type of leave. in brian lara 2007 leaving the ball was the same every time. is there different types of leaves?

Knowing our luck, there'll be different types of leaves on the trees but exactly the same type of leave in game...

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
By the way guys.. It says 23rd July in ebgames in Sydney..
Ashes Cricket 2009 >> XBOX 360

Damn, why didn't I join the party a month late.. Here I go again.. c'mon lets start the waiting time.. I hate these last months.. :p

What about the ponting "leave", misses the cover drive and then pretends to leave it lol

Lolz.. I guess we'll give it as a benefit to the bastman.. as usual ;)

sameer18

Club Cricketer
i wanna know can i play this game on my NTSC-Japanese xbox 360

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not sure this questions been answered but...

Is the PS3 region free? Since I am in Canada, will this game work on my PS3 if i decide to buy it from England/Australia?

P

pcfan123

I'm not sure this questions been answered but...

Is the PS3 region free? Since I am in Canada, will this game work on my PS3 if i decide to buy it from England/Australia?

yes, i live in USA and i just ordered from a UK site, just hope it will get here by release day and not a week or so after

Cymro

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not again........

Why don't they license everything? It's really annoying.

You do realise how hard it is to licence players?

You have to get players themselves to agree, their cricket boards on top of that then theres making sure that the correct cricket equipment is used etc.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
The price BCCI would offer for Indian License would be more than double the total production cost of the game. So it is next to impossible for someone to get License from the greedy BCCI.

P.S: I think BCCI is already in the gaming buisness but have not announced it. Here is my reason:

Trine Cricket a mumbai based company is makig a next gen cricket game. Graphics looks out of the world to start with. During screenshots we saw that all the kits were licensed and indian players also look like real life counterparts. So the question arises how come a small company from India afford licenses of all test playing nations which EA and codies were unable to manage?? Well i ould have said EA is supporting them but EA has denied any cricket game in pipeline. So there is only one body which can buy them licenses. That is BCCI.

rza89

Club Cricketer
so aint like they are thousands of cricket players to lisence like fifa, and also they are really only few players more detailed attension could be payed that fans like us really want not that zimbawean and usa players are so hard to recreate and people dont really care about them, where as a people will look for tendlulkar peiterson and ect

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
so aint like they are thousands of cricket players to lisence like fifa, and also they are really only few players more detailed attension could be payed that fans like us really want not that zimbawean and usa players are so hard to recreate and people dont really care about them, where as a people will look for tendlulkar peiterson and ect
FIFA rakes in the cash, cricket doesn't. Low budget.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors

I care about them, they're part of the cricket.

You give Fifa as an example, I don't really care about PAOK in Greece, but I kinda hope EA have the names right, and the kits correct, and have the players somewhat similar to their counterparts in real-life.

Eon

Club Cricketer
They even have the low grade aussie players right in fifa... and the A league is pretty poor lol. even stuff as small as DOB's for players, even small name players like my mates cousin, he plays for the roar and is generally on the bench

coolz_hari

International Coach
The price BCCI would offer for Indian License would be more than double the total production cost of the game. So it is next to impossible for someone to get License from the greedy BCCI.

P.S: I think BCCI is already in the gaming buisness but have not announced it. Here is my reason:

Trine Cricket a mumbai based company is makig a next gen cricket game. Graphics looks out of the world to start with. During screenshots we saw that all the kits were licensed and indian players also look like real life counterparts. So the question arises how come a small company from India afford licenses of all test playing nations which EA and codies were unable to manage?? Well i ould have said EA is supporting them but EA has denied any cricket game in pipeline. So there is only one body which can buy them licenses. That is BCCI.

There is a point. If BCCI is really behind this game that will increase Game's fame 10 times more than what it is now

Users who are viewing this thread