Review Ashes Cricket 2009 Press Reviews

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm coming down more on the fanboy side atm. Now I've worked out how to bowl the game is a lot more enjoyable. Add in online with smooth play and no lag and I can see myself playing this a lot.
There is definitely a list of frustrations and annoyances but I'm pretty positive atm.

D

Dutch

That's a gun review, hopefully its as good as he says it is.

THE WAIT IS KILLING MEEEEEEE!

I know how you feel. The demo is getting a little tedious when you hear of everybody's great stories! Hopefully I should be playing on Wednesday if Mighty Ape keep their promise. Which is not guarneteed by past experiences, but we will see!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm coming down more on the fanboy side atm. Now I've worked out how to bowl the game is a lot more enjoyable. Add in online with smooth play and no lag and I can see myself playing this a lot.
There is definitely a list of frustrations and annoyances but I'm pretty positive atm.

Aye, once you get "used" to how the game works, it is enjoyable. Just a shame some of those frustrations and annoyances exist, other wise, I think we probably have the best cricket game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
ye, once you get "used" to how the game works, it is enjoyable. Just a shame some of those frustrations and annoyances exist, other wise, I think we probably have the best cricket game.

Sureshot do you not find yourself skittling the AI out for less than a hundred in tests!? I dunno whats going on! could be a real pain!

Sureshot

Executive member
Sureshot do you not find yourself skittling the AI out for less than a hundred in tests!? I dunno whats going on! could be a real pain!

It varies, I can go from 80 odd to 350, when bowling to them. It's just a case of them being too unpredictable. I do tend to go through modes of dropping plenty of catches. It's too easy to get a chance. I'll get 3 or 4 a session easily.

Steve, what's the difference between a PC and PS3 review? It's the same game. On-line probably works differently (most definitely better too, as in most PC gaming).

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors

I'm glad you like online play, PC users are hard to find online at the moment, so i might be requesting a rematch soon Colin. ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It varies, I can go from 80 odd to 350, when bowling to them. It's just a case of them being too unpredictable. I do tend to go through modes of dropping plenty of catches. It's too easy to get a chance. I'll get 3 or 4 a session easily.

Steve, what's the difference between a PC and PS3 review? It's the same game. On-line probably works differently (most definitely better too, as in most PC gaming).

That's not what you said just now in the other thread - you said that technically they're different games because of different development methods.

Sureshot

Executive member
What I'm saying, is that if they patch all versions, they'd have to be slightly different. Though I'm not 100% on this, but if it was a simple procedure, more developers would release on all platforms.

It's the same game on the screen, just not on the paper.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What I'm saying, is that if they patch all versions, they'd have to be slightly different. Though I'm not 100% on this, but if it was a simple procedure, more developers would release on all platforms.

It's the same game on the screen, just not on the paper.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing it up. Either way, I'm encouraged by DarkBoyBlunder's appearance so soon after release (who is from Transmission, isn't he).

Sureshot

Executive member
He might be the guy from Codies. Not sure, but he works for one of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread