Australia tour of West Indies

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well its over and a draw it is and a welcome one too, Sars and Shiv played well and in the end the West Indies got the reward.

yea excellent job by Shiv and Sarwan. Sars came back good after a poor 1st test and Shiv just continued from where he left off. Really looking forward to the 3rd test and I hope WI can pull of the upset, but even if they don't I am pleased with the effort the players have put in.

TC Ink

Club Cricketer
Congrats to the Windies, pulled off a tough task that so many fail to do. Good work from Sarwan and Chanderpaul.

As for Australia... Highlight the problem...
MG Johnson 20 overs 1/70
SCG MacGill 19 overs 0/75

And one is being replaced... Whether there will be an improvement will be interesting to see. The other however probably will not be dropped, even though obvious improvement can be made! Bring in Bollinger!!!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Congrats to the Windies, pulled off a tough task that so many fail to do. Good work from Sarwan and Chanderpaul.

As for Australia... Highlight the problem...
MG Johnson 20 overs 1/70
SCG MacGill 19 overs 0/75

And one is being replaced... Whether there will be an improvement will be interesting to see. The other however probably will not be dropped, even though obvious improvement can be made! Bring in Bollinger!!!

yea it will be interesting how the replacement for MacGill will perform but I think someone from the team needs to call out Johnson if they are going to be sticking with him. From what i caught of the Australian domestic season and from what I read here there more than a few bowlers better than Johnson.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
How the hell does anyone get rid of Chanderpaul?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
How the hell does anyone get rid of Chanderpaul?

these last few years its become one of the hardest tasks around, he is in such a good form and the way he makes his runs he just doesn't give the bowler that many chances to get him out.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
chanders rocks as usual and good to see sarwan scoring a 100 against aussies once again... i am so happy this game turned into a draw... well played by both sides...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Aussie bowlin let them donw as was evident from Clark,Johnson and McGill's figures.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It was always likely to see a draw. The surface during the World Cup was conducive to batting (although many poor teams played there) and weather was a factor. The declaration may have come a bit late, but preventing victory was a prudent course of action.

angryangy added 10 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

yea it will be interesting how the replacement for MacGill will perform but I think someone from the team needs to call out Johnson if they are going to be sticking with him. From what i caught of the Australian domestic season and from what I read here there more than a few bowlers better than Johnson.
http://stats.cricinfo.com/australia...t_wickets_career.html?id=3226;type=tournament

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Get Bollinger, Noffke or even Bracken in there quicksmart.

Lineup for the last test:

Jaques
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Noffke
Lee
Clark
Bollinger

But knowing the selectors they'd probably retain Johnson and shove Casson in there which is unacceptable because you'd just be picking a spinner for the sake of picking a spinner, rather than picking for quality.

At least those four quick men would have some variety.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
It was always likely to see a draw. The surface during the World Cup was conducive to batting (although many poor teams played there) and weather was a factor. The declaration may have come a bit late, but preventing victory was a prudent course of action.

angryangy added 10 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

http://stats.cricinfo.com/australia...t_wickets_career.html?id=3226;type=tournament

what a disaster, dude is 3rd from the bottom and he gets picked. (Lee isn't much better but its Lee lol and he has a track record)
For WI sake I hope they stick to Johnson but Australia need to realize that this guy needs to prove himself in domestic cricket 1st.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
[/b]

what a disaster, dude is 3rd from the bottom and he gets picked. (Lee isn't much better but its Lee lol and he has a track record)
For WI sake I hope they stick to Johnson but Australia need to realize that this guy needs to prove himself in domestic cricket 1st.

Yeah I too wish they keep Johnson, he's been good to us :D.
We too have our issues, if Gayle is fit then Smith needs the sit out and I hope they don'y play Benn just because it is Barbados, am waiting with earnest to see if they keep the same squad for the final test.

Detroit500

School Cricketer
great job by the Windies. If Sarwan can play like this consistenly (no question about Chanderpaul) and if the newly returned Gayle is back to his usual self quick...we will have a nice chance to have the next match in our favor.

Gayle
Xavier Marshall
Devon
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Darren
Ramdin
Powell
Taylor
Edwards

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
great job by the Windies. If Sarwan can play like this consistenly (no question about Chanderpaul) and if the newly returned Gayle is back to his usual self quick...we will have a nice chance to have the next match in our favor.

Gayle
Xavier Marshall
Devon
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Darren
Ramdin
Powell
Taylor
Edwards

keep Smith?? I know Morton is nothing special but he is better than Smith. I would rather take out Powell and bring in a spinner, hopefully not Benn because like WestIndian i would hate for a player to be selected because he is playing at home. I know that the chances of Powell being dropped for the final test are low and I wouldn't mind if he played but for the next series whenever it is I would like to see a different much younger bowler take Powell's place as the 3rd pace bowler.

and I hope that Marshall can put in a good performance in this final test if he gets a chance to play. Because if Gayle is finally fit for the final test than that would give us a good chance of finally getting a good opening partnership on the board.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Atlas does it again. :D Its good to see a team like WI take on the Aussies and draw a match. Its bound to have a very positive effect on Windies cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread