You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wasn't that in US?
Yes. It was the home ground for hosting country and that part of the world is considered to be the home ground of West Indies/Canada team. Just like Dubai/Abu Dhabi is the home for Pakistan/UAE team.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yes. It was the home ground for hosting country and that part of the world is considered to be the home ground of West Indies/Canada team. Just like Dubai/Abu Dhabi is the home for Pakistan/UAE team.
You couldn't be further off from reality. UAE will never be Pakistan's home (as far as pitches are concerned)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
You couldn't be further off from reality. UAE will never be Pakistan's home (as far as pitches are concerned)
They had played few international games there, right?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
It was our home series mate. :)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Exactly. I had a discussion with the members in a cricket forums and what I got to read was quite ridiculous. The members were posting that VK is not getting quality bowling attack to face and score runs as Sachin. Sachin did face the world class bowlers in his era but current gen bowlers are too different and quite different than previous era. The bowlers like Waqar, Wasim, Ambrose etc... were too good those days. But now we require bowlers we have currently. Bowlers with versatile mindset to adopt to any format within limited period.

I think SRT will always be a better batsman than VK. He was just unbelievably solid technically, with an even more unbelievable stroke making ability, but he's not the toe nail of Virat Kohli in terms of mental fortitude and just raw self belief and ability to win games for India. It's just my personal opinion, but people like Tendulkar's talent aren't born in decades, but people like Kohli who can work their nuts off and make talent look ridiculous aren't born in centuries. Mind you, Kohli is talented, I just feel his work ethic and raw passion to play cricket and representing his country is just far and beyond what I've seen in a cricketer in my 25 years of watching. Again, I tend to like cricketers who are more gifted because they are so enjoyable to watch ala AB de Villers and Sachin Tendulkar, but my admiration for Virat Kohli is just growing. To put it in very blunt terms, when Tendulkar used to bat for India, I'd be scared, praying and very very 'on edge' but I have no fears when Kohli bats. I just know we will get whatever the hell we want.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I have a feeling Bangladesh are going for it. 45 runs in the last 10 overs inspite of losing a wicket early on seems to suggest that they have decided it's all or nothing. Should make things interesting if that's the case.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Not a criticism but just an observation - Kohli's test average has gone up by 10 by playing against West Indies, New Zealand, Bangladesh and England! Wow.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
16708302_1501487846548598_9198936923747012348_n.jpg

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I read Ricky Ponting's recent comments on VK that don't position him with Greats so early, Surely He is the best batsman in the current generation but its a long way for him and lots of matches to be played. Couldn't agree more with him.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I read Ricky Ponting's recent comments on VK that don't position him with Greats so early, Surely He is the best batsman in the current generation but its a long way for him and lots of matches to be played. Couldn't agree more with him.
Ya, that is obvious. Same goes with all of the fab four.

Users who are viewing this thread