Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...I stand by Marks comment as being valid placed wit.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When creating female players how does it work relative to male counterparts? Would a player rated at 75 mean both sexes would be equally skilled or would it be relative to playing against their own gender.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
relative to playing against their own gender
That.

So just to quote my previous explanation:
I'd say for major cricketing countries, most of the test team will probably be in the high 70s for their rating, with higher numbers for the more exceptional players, or those who are top picks in franchise cricket - where you'd get numbers in the high 80s or low 90s.

For that second tier of cricketing countries, most players are probably around the mid-60s, which would be on par with someone who would be in a first class team but not quite able to break into a major test side.

Then as you get to things like having a weaker player on a weaker team in a lower division of a domestic competition, or emerging cricket countries, you're going to get your 40s and 50s.

Though obviously for women's cricket the main metric would be ODI cricket, given the very small number of tests played.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I have made 400 players for my career league now. I was thinking of going for 20 teams. Also have 80 women cricketers now to make so that's great help @MattW.

Hopefully will be making teams soon which brings me to another idea that you guys can help me with. I'm looking for funny town names for my teams.
Only rules are.

-Real places please, not made up.
-nothing racist or sexist

Countries include:
Australia
Bangladesh
England
India
New Zealand
Pakistan
South Africa
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Zimbabwe
plus
Afghanistan
U.A.E
Ireland
Also 4 other teams need a place to call home.
2 mixed associate teams (ICC/MCC)
2 World teams (ICC/MCC)
And finally,

The Taverners (made up of singers/comedians)

My local club will have 2 teams (1sts/2nds)

So, 18 team names from towns around the world. I have some provisional names so far but look forward to your ideas.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have made 400 players for my career league now. I was thinking of going for 20 teams. Also have 80 women cricketers now to make so that's great help @MattW.

Hopefully will be making teams soon which brings me to another idea that you guys can help me with. I'm looking for funny town names for my teams.
Only rules are.

-Real places please, not made up.
-nothing racist or sexist

Countries include:
Australia
Bangladesh
England
India
New Zealand
Pakistan
South Africa
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Zimbabwe
plus
Afghanistan
U.A.E
Ireland
Also 4 other teams need a place to call home.
2 mixed associate teams (ICC/MCC)
2 World teams (ICC/MCC)
And finally,

The Taverners (made up of singers/comedians)

My local club will have 2 teams (1sts/2nds)

So, 18 team names from towns around the world. I have some provisional names so far but look forward to your ideas.

Dude that is a lot of work to have done before we even know the structures of career etc.!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Tricky this innit? Are the stats not objectively the same for men AND women? Surely they are only relative to your opponent's stats, regardless of gender?
Your opponent will be the same gender as you - there won't be an option for mixed teams or men vs women matches.

We've set things up with the intention of a bit of head room, so that the very best players will be in the 90s rather than all maxing out at 100 - but it's also set that both the best rated female and male players would be in that region. Otherwise, if they were on an absolute scale, you couldn't have the same degree of variation - the fastest female bowler would be a medium pacer on the men's scale, so combined over all ratings you'd not have much room to show the variation of players in comparison to themselves.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Dude that is a lot of work to have done before we even know the structures of career etc.!

Yes it was at first until I realised at Matt confirmed I could just use the on disk players, edit the name and then unlink them. The hardest part was going through lists of funny names on t'internet to add to all the 12th man names I'd got.
I have worries about how the team's will work but I'd imagine I can alter the amount of players per team to get teams right for career, once we know more.
Obviously there's a lot of things still to be done. Equipment and accessories, not to mention making the 20+ teams and assigning the players to the teams. I'm pretty much stuck for the male players now until teams or equipment are unlocked.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Your opponent will be the same gender as you - there won't be an option for mixed teams or men vs women matches.

We've set things up with the intention of a bit of head room, so that the very best players will be in the 90s rather than all maxing out at 100 - but it's also set that both the best rated female and male players would be in that region. Otherwise, if they were on an absolute scale, you couldn't have the same degree of variation - the fastest female bowler would be a medium pacer on the men's scale, so combined over all ratings you'd not have much room to show the variation of players in comparison to themselves.

I agree it's hard on some stats. Particularly when you take into account the different equipment being used as well. But some have crossover: I was just trying to think around what would happen in the event of mixed teams: we're getting closer to having them (at which point the sport itself will probably have to make some changes too!).
Maybe the stat for bowling power should simply be reflective of the MPH, and then that gets interpreted accordingly depending on which type of match you're playing.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
With regard to bowling speed. I assumed that the fastest bowler would be maxed at say 95mph. So a player maxed at 100% could bowl at 95mph. With it scaling down so 50% would be 47mph. So for women i would assume if the fastest female bowler in real life bowls at 80mph then a player maxed at 100% would bowl at 80mph, again scaling it down.

Users who are viewing this thread