DBC17 Features!

knockedin

Club Captain
Just wondering whether with the new dynamic lineups for career they will include more then the allowed number of internationals in a teams starting XI? I know that for example BBL teams can only have two internationals playing but can have more in their squad, will the dynamic lineups take the international cap into account or will they just choose the best XI available which will more then likely include 3+ internationals

gamer22

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been out of sync for a while.. can some quickly update me on the big changes or direct me to a thread where I can read about new features.

I have spent a lot of hours on Donald Brahman 14 and intend to buy 17 as well.

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It takes lots of time to chose a commentary surname in DBC17 so we need something similar to DBC14.

BRAB

International Coach
Also pretty cool that in Australia at least, your local suburb or something closeish to it is probably in the academy as a commentary selection in the stadium creator.

Unfortunately depth like that can't go in a trailer

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Been searching to find a confirmed list of features on DBC 17, does anyone have an updated list?

Don Bradman Cricket 17 details:

Career Mode

One of the most popular gameplay modes in the original Don Bradman Cricket was the career mode. This has been substantially expanded, with new features including:

? Club Cricket – You’ll begin your career at the local level, playing for teams in your own starting region before ascending to domestic and international levels.

? Dynamic Squads – Teams will change as players around you age and retire, get injured, go in and out of form, get selected or dropped from higher levels of play.

? “ Be a Pro” – This option allows the user to take a pre-existing player and begin a career with them.

? Play as Team – Allow the user to play as the whole team in career mode if they choose to.

More Character Creation Options

In addition to a greatly expanded creation options around facial features, tattoos, and so on, Don Bradman Cricket will also have a full and comprehensive stadium creator mode that will allow players to recreate their own local cricket ground in-game. A logo editor, meanwhile, will allow players to recreate their own team logos and sponsorships on their uniforms and bats.

Improved Bowling Mechanics

The popular and innovative bowling mechanics from the original Don Bradman Cricket have been improved, in order to make the experience more accessible to new players, while as challenging as before for practiced hands. Updates to the bowling include an effort to make spin bowling more similar in execution to pace bowling, to maintain the experience across both kinds of bowling. Further, there is now a more intuitive association between input direction and spin/seam/swing direction.

Improved Fielding Mechanics

Characters now have separate fielding attributes and skills in Don Bradman Cricket 17, and players will be able to take a much more hands-on role with the fielding during matches. There are new mechanics that handle infield & slips catching and fans of wicket keepers can look forward to having a more significant role in games.

Improved Commentary

Don Bradman Cricket 17 will have a vastly expanded commentary system that will provide unparalleled match analysis, more immediate response to in-game events, and authentic banter between the commentators in the box.

New Graphs & Stats

Players love their Wagon Wheels and Manhattan Charts, and Don Bradman Cricket 17 will include a comprehensive set of statistics that will show you with crystal clarity which of your players are really performing on match day.

Fans looking to get a taste for the game now can download the Cricket Academy application from the Steam store, which features the character creation mode, and will be updated closer to release with playable elements.

- Ends -
Source: Big Ant Unveils The Full Feature List For Don Bradman Cricket17 | Games industry press releases | Develop - August 19 , 2016.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Is there an option to set the scores to the 'correct' format?

in dbc14 you could either have wickets-runs or runs-wickets for both batting and bowling, whereas the standard is runs-wickets when batting and wickets-runs when bowling.

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I was just wondering how awesome would it be to see the fielding side celebrating a wicket and suddenly the umpire goes upstairs to check for no-ball and calls it a no ball. The reaction of the fielding team would be priceless to see.

Hopefully things like this will be implemented in the next iteration of DBC which will take this franchise to another level!

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Bowling figures are always wickets-runs, while you can switch the batting score format.

annoys me that this isn't consistent. yes I know not a biggie but how many times have you jumped onto the tv after the first over to see 1-0. Is that 1 wicket down or 1 run scored? I always thought it should be wickets - runs ie. 2 for 300, etc. just like how they say your bowling stats ie. five fer....six fer....

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
The bowlers are trying to get wickets.
The batsmen are trying to get runs.

Makes perfect sense.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
annoys me that this isn't consistent. yes I know not a biggie but how many times have you jumped onto the tv after the first over to see 1-0. Is that 1 wicket down or 1 run scored? I always thought it should be wickets - runs ie. 2 for 300, etc. just like how they say your bowling stats ie. five fer....six fer....
With Aussies during their prime time, it was impossible to know at first whether it was a wicket down or a run taken!

dc15

School Cricketer
do you remember on an old cricket game you could do a tour of australia and play all the tour matches, tests, odis etc on the tour? does dbc17 have this feature?
is there like a sheffield shield comp you can play without playing career mode and so on?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
do you remember on an old cricket game you could do a tour of australia and play all the tour matches, tests, odis etc on the tour? does dbc17 have this feature?
is there like a sheffield shield comp you can play without playing career mode and so on?
Yes and yes

Users who are viewing this thread