Review Demo impressions thread

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just been on my brother's Xbox and downloaded it. Played it 5 or 6 times and I'm generally impressed. Both bowling and batting is fun. The only real gripe I have at the moment is what's been mentioned in the bowler's overpitching. It seems it's either that or a full over of quite short balls, no mixture, which is a bit annoying. Maybe it'll be fixed for the final build though. Other than that, yeah it is a bit dark which can make it hard to see the ball. Catching is very hard, keeping dropping them, but maybe that's just a combination of me being useless and getting used to the new way of doing it!:p

I found catching difficult as well. It's a good system in theory but I think I'd drop way too many like this. When you're in the outfield, you literally have a split second to hit it once it hits green otherwise it'll go red.

thevicky

Club Captain
I found catching difficult as well. It's a good system in theory but I think I'd drop way too many like this. When you're in the outfield, you literally have a split second to hit it once it hits green otherwise it'll go red.

From what the playtesters and devs have said that's all part of the risk/reward equation... try hitting the button before it goes green... you should still catch it but will depend on catch difficulty and fieldsmans skill level

Last edited:

sam1013

School Cricketer
I have another gameplay video of the demo uploading onto youtube but it will take a while - so be patient :D

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
From what the playtesters and devs have said that's all part of the risk/reward equation... try hitting the button before it goes green... you should still catch it but will depend on catch difficulty and fieldsmans skill level

Heh, yeah. Understand concept. You either go early and risk it being dropped or go for gold, you miss the gold, you get nothing. Not getting much luck doing it a little earlier but the game is growing on me. I can see myself playing test matches like this.

About my 7-8th game now.

Bazowzer

School Cricketer
My major problem with BLC 07 was the lack of difficulty, so I'm very concerned to hear that people are winning easily on the hardest setting.

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
For me its proving way too easy...haven't lost even a single game and now I am able to take wickets too.

nimish_sach added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

One more question do I have to press both RB and LB at the same time to swing or just one???

Bazowzer

School Cricketer
For me its proving way too easy...haven't lost even a single game and now I am able to take wickets too.

That's pretty awful news; probably the foremost complaint with BLC 07 was the lack of difficulty.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Why is that there is no npower pitchad? I see npower adboards though. May be its old build :confused:.

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
the gameplay video looks good.
one thing i noticed is that while strauss got caught and the fielder who took the catch was going like "aay i took a catch" , no one else responded :eek:

that looked a bit weird.
maybe a problem with the demo being an early build or maybe not :noway

vishalsparadise added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I have another gameplay video of the demo uploading onto youtube but it will take a while - so be patient :D

fans of ashes cricket 2009 really really know what patience means :D
just make a post with the link to the video and thanks mate :cheers

tommymac

Club Cricketer
To be honest I'm fairly disappointed with what I've heard so far, sounds far too easy, which to be honest was the biggest problem with BLIC 2007.

This is meant to be the first 3 overs of a test match, people shouldn't be scoring or chasing scores that resemble a very healthy Twenty20 rate.

I understand that this is only a demo, but I believe people who are relying on big changes in the final build will be very disappointed, and any underlying gameplay problems/weaknesses will still exist.

P

pcfan123

Hmm it looks decent, but not where near what we were told it would be.
Could someone post an entire match (I know its asking a lot) so we can get a more accurate picture. About 10 guys posted the same video!
Cheers guys and thanks for all the demo reviews.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Im actually surprised I was on my Canada account and I saw Ashes Cricket 2009 new releases first thing unluckily I do not have a gold member ship :crying:crying

drew_3

School Cricketer
2 games played now, and i think this game is gold!ok there are some things they could have done or done better, but i play alot of sports games and in my experience you have to go for a good game as they are never "perfect".

still getting used to the 360 controller again as i normally play on my ps3.dug my 360 out after about 18 months of not playing it just for this game!

graphicly (sure thats not how you spell it)it looks amazing!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread