Don Bradman Cricket 17 Releasing December 2016 on PS4, Xbox One and PC

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@funnyadit @Plotinus @las_faiz @parthkadakia

would something along these lines do the business i'm after? (play the game at top settings while also running a gamecap)

CPU: AMD A10-7890K Quad Core APU (4.1GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS A68HM PLUS FM2+ (M-ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s)
RAM: 16GB Kingston DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics: 8GB AMD RADEON™ R9 390 - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX 12 - VR Ready Premium

anything you think i should change?

p.s. I don't have this - it's something i've seen and considering. circa £700 without OS, which I have for free anyway via MSDN

grkrama

National Board President
Dont get the Apu if you are getting a dedicated Graphics card, some thing like fx6300 will be faster and with a decent board you can oc it to 4ghz!

ideally i wouldn't go for Amd Cpu's they are underpowered for gaming were single core performance matters! That said fx6300 / fx 8350 should be decent enough for quite a bit of games!

I would also wait for rx 480 [200$] amd cards or 1070 [370-450$] nvidia one as they are bringing new architecture, which would be more future proof!

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Will it be released on same day world wide or same as DBC14 where UK was a week later than Aus?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wouldn't recommend a laptop if you're getting something to play games on, unless you really, really, really need the portability. It'd probably be cheaper to get a desktop PC instead, especially if you build it yourself or know someone who could for a small amount of money. It'd probably run better for longer, you'd most probably have a bigger display (most new computers have a HDMI output which makes things easier), its easier to get things fixed if they break and you don't really lose anything unless you're going to be travelling with the thing a lot: gaming laptops generally have very weak battery lives especially if you're putting a significant load on them (my Macbook Pro isn't exactly a gaming computer, but even playing something light like ICC causes the battery life to go from five hours easily to less than two so you'll be chained to a power lead anyway. Most gaming things aren't exactly that portable anyway, a friend got one and regretted it since it wasn't as good , and it weighed a tonne so it wasn't exactly that portable...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

would something along these lines do the business i'm after? (play the game at top settings while also running a gamecap)

p.s. I don't have this - it's something i've seen and considering. circa £700 without OS, which I have for free anyway via MSDN

I dont have an option. I am going to buy i7 processor 16gb ram 2gb dedicated nvidea 940M . My laptop just died yesterday[DOUBLEPOST=1464993183][/DOUBLEPOST]Getting it for $699

D

Dutch

Gaming laptops are an absolute waste of money.
Dont really agree; I mean if you are just using it home fair enough but if you travel around a lot its a great thing to have if you have a good one

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Blocker and I are in the same boat re: Gaming laptops. As in, we have other people in the house and having portability is a necessity.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Blocker and I are in the same boat re: Gaming laptops. As in, we have other people in the house and having portability is a necessity.

My biggest issue is really I play 99% of the time in the living room with the Mrs watching TV, and there isn't anywhere much to set up a tower & monitor.

Mind you the specs I put up above were for a tower so I don't know where the laptop discussion started :)

In a way the fact the game doesn't come out till Dec is a good thing as it leaves lots of time to think about the best set up.

I'm also expecting a PC delay as with the last thing unless or until we're told otherwise.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
...wisely, I think it's best to wait to see what customization is built into the console versions, but as always long term, the Steam version is going to be the best bang for the buck.

Plotinus

Associate Captain

I actually think this looks like a good config. I haven't done the research in detail but this should work well and will turn out to be pretty good value for money. I tend to prefer going for a Intel CPU and nVidia GPU...but on a budget I think you'll get good price/performance on the components you've chosen. You can spend hours (days even) trying to work out the optimum config for your budget but, off the bat, I think this looks very good.

Things I tend to consider on the GPU are size and heat. Getting the performance comparisons is fairly easy but if it swamps your motherboard (you have a micro-ATX form factor), crams your case and blows out tons of heat, then it may not be a great choice. I don't know how the R9 390 stacks up on this basis...it will certainly perform well. However, even if it will play DBC 17 at full spec, in theory, in reality it might be a noisy set up. I don't know what case you have and how this card would affect airflow...so I'm just guessing here. Have a look at a comparable GTX 970...it might be a similar price, a shade less on performance (for some things), but might be smaller, cooler (if you're not overclocking) and quieter.

As I say, at first glance I think you've made some good choices here. Before you decide, do a similar Intel-nVidia config and see where the pro's and cons lie between the two, thinking not just of the components but the overall build (i.e. how everything fits together including case).

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You'll have enough customisation that "mods" will likely not exist - if that's the reason for updating a PC, then I'd go for a console.

If you want online, I'd also go for a console, the community is far bigger.

PS: We make more from the PC version, if you care about that then buy a PC version :p

Users who are viewing this thread