Don Bradman Cricket 17 Releasing December 2016 on PS4, Xbox One and PC

BRAB

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unless we can import sponsors and team logos onto the console versions I'm not sure the PC version will be obsolete

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
About when do we think pre-orders would be live around the globe? Are we thinking September or October - As with DBC14 the we found it hard in UK to find anyone at first.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
About when do we think pre-orders would be live around the globe? Are we thinking September or October - As with DBC14 the we found it hard in UK to find anyone at first.

Hopefully they have the same distributor in the UK this time as they had for ps4/xb1 last time. The first one was very poor, but that one actually got it in supermarkets and other stores.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You'll have enough customisation that "mods" will likely not exist - if that's the reason for updating a PC, then I'd go for a console.

If you want online, I'd also go for a console, the community is far bigger.

PS: We make more from the PC version, if you care about that then buy a PC version :p

This is more than intriguing.

I'm interested in if it stacks up the same way fir those like me who's mods ran towards the retro/obscure.

Presumably it includes sharing of customisations because there could be infinite customisation but I still couldn't make a kit look as good as Snowy & Quincy & Llewelynf

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Presumably it includes sharing of customisations

I imagine he's possibly referring to the Academy being the "Host" for edits. So presumably any mods made on the PC would be able to be downloaded to the console. Aka; The holy grail.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
You'll have enough customisation that "mods" will likely not exist - if that's the reason for updating a PC, then I'd go for a console.

If you want online, I'd also go for a console, the community is far bigger.

PS: We make more from the PC version, if you care about that then buy a PC version :p

If Player Created Mods on the PC version of the Academy could somehow be transferred to the Console`s , this could tip the scales slightly back in favour of the Consoles.

This really ads fuel to the debate in our Online League about who is going to jump ship to the PC version , vs who is upgrading to PS4 .

The only other trump cards that the PC version then still holds is the following according to my understanding :

1. Daily/Weekly Updates , vs 2 or 3 "Big" updates over a 2 year period.

2. No Monthly Subscription - * But this should also be seen against the ability to download free games.

3. Cheaper initial Cost of the Game

Vs , For the Consoles :

1. Probably an earlier release of around 2 - 3 Months , if the same approach is followed like DBC14

Personally I sort of decided that if the Modding could somehow arrive on the Consoles , that that would be enough for me to stay on the Consoles .
If BA could somehow also get the Updates to come out Quicker on the Consoles , then it almost becomes a done deal for me at least .....

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
If Player Created Mods on the PC version of the Academy could somehow be transferred to the Console`s , this could tip the scales slightly back in favour of the Consoles.

This really ads fuel to the debate in our Online League about who is going to jump ship to the PC version , vs who is upgrading to PS4 .

The only other trump cards that the PC version then still holds is the following according to my understanding :

1. Daily/Weekly Updates , vs 2 or 3 "Big" updates over a 2 year period.

2. No Monthly Subscription - * But this should also be seen against the ability to download free games.

3. Cheaper initial Cost of the Game

Vs , For the Consoles :

1. Probably an earlier release of around 2 - 3 Months , if the same approach is followed like DBC14

Personally I sort of decided that if the Modding could somehow arrive on the Consoles , that that would be enough for me to stay on the Consoles .
If BA could somehow also get the Updates to come out Quicker on the Consoles , then it almost becomes a done deal for me at least .....
I've always played sports games on console as its easier to control.

PS4 in my opinion is the best format for DBC (Before all the PC players start hating me - this is my opinion only)

Ive played DBC on PS3, PS4 & Xbox but the PS4 is where its best suited.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I had the same idea , as FPS , Strategy and those sort of Games best suited PC , vs Sports and Racing that to me made more sense on the Consoles.

Thats maybe why I only own those titles on the PS3 , and obviously some Move games for when wifey and the kids needs to play as well.

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
Redskins / acid... not to be antagonistic but I'm genuinely baffled at the idea a game isn't "suited" to pc. Can you explain what you mean?

Genuinely just trying to understand

Blockerdave thats just my opinion as i prefer consoles for sports & shooter games. I find them easier to control / use.

PC 's are better for other types of games - strategy games etc...

I know that plenty of people think otherwise but thats just my opinion.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Blockerdave thats just my opinion as i prefer consoles for sports & shooter games. I find them easier to control / use.

PC 's are better for other types of games - strategy games etc...

I know that plenty of people think otherwise but thats just my opinion.

I'm just interested in the differences as you see it. I'm sat there with a screen and a controller, I'm not seeing the difference.

I can get why a point and click mouse game like FM or Civ doesn't translate to console, fair enough, but any controller based game I just genuinely don't see the difference...

No matter.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's literally no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread