FOOTBALL Fifa 15/16

D

Deleted member 9102

Moutinho at CAM... Wow. Incredible player, amazing passing and dribbling. He also has 91 stamina compared to Gourcuff's 55 which is very noticeable towards the end of matches. Highly recommend him to anyone for their FUT team, or just play as Monaco because this guy is fantastic, so effortlessly incisive and classy.

D

Deleted member 9102

One of my mates was going on about how crosses/headers are completely nerfed this year... I disagree and I've scored plenty, took this vid of a couple I scored online earlier.

You have to actually pick out a teammate this time whereas in 14 you could just lump it into the box and easily score.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The guys who whine about headers are the guys who scored only from corners and headers. The sort of guys who used Benteke up front in FIFA 14 and Hernandez up front in FIFA 13.

Personally for my playstyle headers haven't changed at all, I score more now if anything as you get rewarded for picking people out.

D

Deleted member 9102

The rewards for single player seasons in FUT are actually fairly decent, I've got to Division 2 now and have saved up quite a lot of coins. Up to around 28k now and undecided on what to do with it...

I think I'm getting near the limits of what I can do with Bundesliga and Ligue 1 teams when the big name expensive players are excluded. I'm considering Kevin-Prince Boateng and Cavani but will just keep on accumulating coins for now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is the best football game ever by some distance. The gameplay is sublime and the presentation is nothing short of gorgeous - you really feel like you're in the middle of a Premier League season watching on TV as the commentators make references to past and future games, as well as completed transfers - complete with shiny pop ups. Great job, EA.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Started a pro career as a Real Madrid player. A 191cm tall CAM who's currently 19 and has 73 overall. Got loaned out for FC Thun. Player's improving real fast and I'm loving playing so close to the game. Really this game is an experience changing game. Just loving the passes and the shots I hit, there are some different abilities and restriction as well!

D

Deleted member 9102

Got Mkhitaryan for my Bundesliga side, and switched him from CAM to ST to replace Olic and he has been very effective. I found my attack lacking that cutting edge and his dribbling/agility and 4* skills make it much easier to get in on goal and although his finishing isn't great, one on ones are fairly simple in this game and he can tuck them away on either side with his 5* WF, and his decent passing means he can play in the more clinical Kießling.

Cavani for the Ligue 1 side has been superb, he just scores everything. Long shots, headers, volleys, tap-ins... Lacazette alongside him is lethal and Moutinho behind them is incredible. That trio is the most effective I've used so far in this game.

The rewards for winning Div 1 of single player seasons is 7.5k and a jumbo gold pack worth 15k so I'll be doing this a few times to strengthen my team before really getting stuck into online and going up against everyone's credit card teams.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Well,all of you would have had this quite a lot here.
I switched to 64 bit OS.Got 4 gigs of ram now.So,my box can run 15 or not?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Everyone is full of praise for Fifa 15 and rightly so - it is definitely the best football game ever.

However, there are a few areas where I am disappointed that more hasn't been done since the 'last gen' consoles:

1. Goalkeepers. They are still too fond of punching the ball into their own net or letting shots go through them. For me, they need work and are currently the weakest part of the gameplay. And why can't they get injured? What's the point of the substitute goalkeeper; he just wastes space on the bench that could be used for another outfield man.

2. AI: I am very disappointed that the AI, when pressured, has the same habit of just hoofing the ball into touch instead of passing back to the keeper for example. I really thought we'd see the back of that sort of behaviour now we have the so-called 'next generation'.

The following points are somewhat nitpicking, but as I've said before, it's little things that elevate a very good game to true greatness.

3. Offside goals. EA have really missed a great opportunity here! The goal is scored, the commentator makes you believe you've scored, the players celebrate accordingly but the crowd let the whole thing down - they do absolutely nothing. They just sit there - they don't cheer, and then boo when the flag goes up. I find it hard to understand how no one at EA picked up on that.

4. While the audio is massively improved, the crowd still don't have enough life for me, beyond the great chants. There is still no roar of excitement and encouragement when your attacker breaks out of defence and streaks over the half way line - they only seem to wake up when the ball actually approaches the opposition's penalty area. I have seen fouls not given in the penalty area that would have had real fans foaming at the mouth, yet from the fans in Fifa, not a whimper. If you hit an amazing crossfield pass, there's still no round of applause (despite the commentator saying what a great ball it was), neither is there applause when a defender gets out of a tricky situation.

5. Physics. By and large they're excellent but I find it strange that stadiums with a slightly raised pitch (like Old Trafford) don't have the ball rolling down the sides when it goes out of play - instead it sort of levitates over the edge and looks weird. This is especially baffling as they nailed said physics perfectly back in Fifa 13 (which of course was an old gen game).

6. Controls. There's nothing actually wrong with the controls, but we've had two updates and the game still doesn't save your control preferences (mine are always manual everything other than keepers), so every time you load up the game, you have to set everything to manual again.

7. Injury cutscenes. EA have gone for a big cop out on this one. Before, we had a dumb cutscene showing a guy who's just done his cruciate, hobbling off the pitch by himself. Would it have killed EA to make a few stretcher cutscenes? Now, we have nothing at all - it just tells you who has replaced the injured player. Nitpicking as I said, but still a cop out.

Numerous off pitch things, mainly the fact that Career Mode seems to have changed very little if at all since the last game.

Don't get me wrong guys, EA have done a great job on this game but just like an old acting teacher of mine, if something is very good, then I'll tear it to pieces on what isn't so good so the game can strive to be even better![DOUBLEPOST=1413896019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well,all of you would have had this quite a lot here.
I switched to 64 bit OS.Got 4 gigs of ram now.So,my box can run 15 or not?

What's your CPU? Your GPU? It's so much more than just having x amount of RAM or being on a 64bit O/S.

Last edited:

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Rest is fine.
Having a C2D clocking 2.8Ghz,1 gigs of GPU.My OS was the only concern.Won't be affected that much even if I run it in the lowest settings.
Most probably,I'd be getting a GPU change as my present one is heating too badly.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hmmm... maybe there's been an update somewhere because I just had an offside that worked perfectly - I was sure I'd scored, but then up went the damn flag!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hmmm... maybe there's been an update somewhere because I just had an offside that worked perfectly - I was sure I'd scored, but then up went the damn flag!
I was 1-0 down to my friend with about 10 minutes to go. Put a cross in, striker rises and heads it over the keeper. Pandemonium. I suddenly realise...

...the flag is up.

He's no longer my friend.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup they have updated the game. I had to manually install the update 2 days ago as that option was unticked. I don't know how but a clear offside decision was not given for me, my career player passed a through ball to the striker and he was clearly offside but I got an assist.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I was 1-0 down to my friend with about 10 minutes to go. Put a cross in, striker rises and heads it over the keeper. Pandemonium. I suddenly realise...

...the flag is up.

He's no longer my friend.

Ha ha - finally the glorious frustration from PES is in Fifa!

Does anyone know how to do custom chants/stadium entrances in Fifa 15? I can't find the option...don't tell me EA have seen fit to remove it just because they've added some chants? The atmosphere still doesn't match that you get when you use custom chants.

Users who are viewing this thread