How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Online Cricket Games Owned
Still having great games.

Continued my ODI against Englands at Lords playing as Aus.

England made 282. I was bowled out for 68. :eek:

To be honest, this was a great experience after having concerns that batting was getting too easy. In this innings I couldn't hit anything. Was great to see. The bowlers were high on confidence and the batsmen were low. Awesome stuff.

I then played game two of my IPL with Royal Challengers. Off to a great start, with Kallis and Dravid going berserk, but then the AI pulled it back and I only made 160. Not enough I don't think. Will bowl tonight and see what happens.

P

pcfan123

I get a similar feeling, some ODIs I get rolled for 150 odd and in some I make 200 very easily.

Can't put my finger on what happens but I rather like it.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Test match at the SCG, I played as England against the Aussies

Won toss and elected to field:

1st innings:

Aus 81 all out Swann 2-41 Avey (custom player) 8-40

Eng 187 all out Strauss 60, Broad 50*

Aus: 127 all out Swann 4-100 Avey 6-27

Eng: 22-0 Strauss 18* Cook 4*

England win by 10 wickets, meaning I get the 10 wicket defeat trophy =D

Low scoring game, but very realistic as the pitch looked a beauty for spinner and I knew they would do the damage, hence why I bowled first :)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I decided to scrap my last test and start a 3 test series vs Australia on hard, full HUD, action cam for batting and bowling.

My batting is getting better, sort of. I couldn't score a boundary until past the 15th over. :facepalm

Once Watson came on i managed to get some decent scoring shots in. But there was no getting bollinger or hillfy away early doors.

Now Strauss is up to Bold, it seems fours are much easier to hit. But getting to bold without using the slog button is bloody hard imo. Lots of blocking, and weak shots, then any wide ball i had a go at.

Attachments

• PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 31
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 19
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 18

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
First ever century. :yes

Can't get anyone else settled though. :noway

Attachments

• PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 31
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    326.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 14

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair you are playing Australia. I often find myself blocking out a whole over of good balls.

I batted out 6 maidens at the start, or something very close to that. I did try a couple of shots but got inside edges.

As long as i can keep Strauss in, ill be ok. Once hes out, its over.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Wow

This picture needs no words with it.

Awsome!

Oh by the way, i lost :crying

Attachments

• india v southaf.jpg
    india v southaf.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 79

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just got ***** by India in the T20 WC. Batted ok but they didn't drop a single catch (9 players caught) and I got bowled out for 180. They then chased it down at 12 rpo without losing a single wicket. :(
I cannot bowl in T20s. Just get spanked all over the park.

D

Dutch

So the almighty inaugural test series between Ireland and the Netherlands has just started at the Oval (:p).

Ireland currently 107 for 1 after 30 overs. It has been slow going for the Irish, being contained by good bowling by Holland (Me!) (Wesley Sneijder bowled 5 maidens! He he, joke!)

Moment for me was when the Ai opener nicked a wide one to slip, which I dropped. He was then very circumspect for a while, ignoring the short ball and tempter outside off. Nice.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Just got ***** by India in the T20 WC. Batted ok but they didn't drop a single catch (9 players caught) and I got bowled out for 180. They then chased it down at 12 rpo without losing a single wicket. :(
I cannot bowl in T20s. Just get spanked all over the park.

image014.jpg

You must be doing something wrong. Granted India have the best batting lineup but jeez.

After the powerplay overs are finished, keep 4 inside the circle, but no cover or midwicket as it makes it too easy. Then put 5 on the boundary.

When you bowl, try and get 2/3 deliveries just outside the perfect zone on the bowling meter. Then on the 4th delivery get it bang on the perfect spot. Eventually they make a mistake. If you bowl every delivery perfect on the bowling meter (not the circle thing), they adapt and get used to it.

Sounds to me like they are getting to fearless too easily without making mistakes. Getting them to make mistakes keeps confidence and scoring down.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
My highest individual score with a batsmen, next best...Morgan.:spy

Attachments

• PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 11
D

Dutch

Meh, Ireland put 480 in 115.3 overs for there first innings. The Dutch are not used to playing in this kind of atmosphere and are currently 45 for 3 off 17 overs. Spin is the main culprit! Can the Cloggies claw their way back?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Meh, Ireland put 480 in 115.3 overs for there first innings. The Dutch are not used to playing in this kind of atmosphere and are currently 45 for 3 off 17 overs. Spin is the main culprit! Can the Cloggies claw their way back?

Nope, i predict a heavy defeat for the netherlands.

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
image014.jpg

You must be doing something wrong. Granted India have the best batting lineup but jeez.

After the powerplay overs are finished, keep 4 inside the circle, but no cover or midwicket as it makes it too easy. Then put 5 on the boundary.

When you bowl, try and get 2/3 deliveries just outside the perfect zone on the bowling meter. Then on the 4th delivery get it bang on the perfect spot. Eventually they make a mistake. If you bowl every delivery perfect on the bowling meter (not the circle thing), they adapt and get used to it.

Sounds to me like they are getting to fearless too easily without making mistakes. Getting them to make mistakes keeps confidence and scoring down.

Good advice. What length do you bowl the majority of the time?

Users who are viewing this thread