Mini Mafia - Town wins!

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was this small town where it all began. Some of them wanted to lead a peaceful life while some wanted to overtake the town given it was perfectly situated to carry out their 'not so legal' business. However, there was a problem. Maybe there was one more problem..

Mini Mafia begins!

It is now Day 1, it takes 4 for a lynch with 7 alive.

You can confirm your roles as well as start with the game.

A problem? Or more than one?
If we attempt to glean something from this write-up, it is interesting to see that the problem could refer to either one of 2 things:
a) The problem is for the ones who want to live peacefully, meaning it could be the mafia, in which case they could be 2, but then why the maybe.
b) Or the problem could be for the mafia, which suggests 2 power roles maybe.
Looking at the last setup which was also 7 player, there was 1 cop, 1 doc , 2mafias.. so both the possibilities seem likely.

However, all the above stuff I've written takes us nowhere really.
Even if we know there is 2 mafia, we are no closer to finding them.
Still, we need to speak out on D1 and see what we hit upon.

----------

Or..and it just now struck me..could it refer to someone with a shaky alignment? He could be a 'problem' if he takes a particular side or some action is taken upon him.
But then that would be a headache to balance and so perhaps not likely.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The second option seems more valid. I'm sure User has added "maybe" just to confuse the things. Could there be the possibility of maybe two cops or two doctors in this game? Though, with just 7 players playing, I'd doubt any such move from User.

----------

- This isn't an open setup game (you don't know which roles are there)

This very first line in the first post is also pretty interesting. It does indicate that User has surely included at least one new role, which wasn't in the previous game.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Good to see that we're starting at Day so everyone will get a chance to post.

All I can gather from the write-up is that there's more than one mafia*, but that's pretty standard anyway.

With the dramas of an inactive doc last game, User might've gone with just a cop role or something simple. He did say roles though, so it will be interesting to see if he's spiced it up with something different.

For now I'll just say that barmyarmy seems pretty scummy.

*more than one mafia member

----------

Okay I accidentally edited that post instead of making *more than one mafia a new post.

----------

Moving on from me confusing myself..

FOS: barmyarmy

Wasn't interested in posting thoughts. You know my finger is always on the trigger, so I hope there's some analysis coming our way soon.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
lol
FOSed for confirming I had my role. Good work ;)

I don't see any point analysing the write-up; it's a generic start of game one that doesn't tell anything we didn't know already.

Someone has an itchy trigger finger...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Role received.

There's really not much point analysing the Day 0 writeup as it's not going to do much, although I thought when first reading, it just meant more than one mafia member, although could mean more than one PR as well.

However, I do think it could refer to one third party, although not sure about what type of third party it could be. tbh, in small setups, third party's that can joint and have a huge influence e.g. Survivor (can win with the mafia and town), serial killer etc.

FOS: Sedition

Quick to attack barmyarmy for not much really, just find it a scummy move early on to make it look like trying to be productive as mafia, trying to scumhunt.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Received.

I agree that User's final comment about "one more problem" is potentially interesting. He has already said there will be clues in the write up and with no role revealing could mean there's some individual power players (is power players the right term?) with their own agendas.

Hard to get a read on Sedition yet, but "keeping my head down this time" and following that up with "FOS Barmyarmy" is perhaps a little rash. I'd probably be more worried if he hadn't accused anyone though :p

Only person we haven't heard from yet Manly? FOS: Manly 'Cos I don't like quietness :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Is that Manly you're talking about Barmy? If so I'll be careful where I leave my lynches haha

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Hmm no Manly yet? In the interests of not having another T20

Lynch: Manly

Solid analysis from barmy, so I'll put him in the maybe pile. Hedger might be onto something with a third party being that "one more problem". I think Hedge probably over-analysed though, so..

FOS: Hedger14

And finally PD's point about me keeping my head down - I only said that in case I ended up mafia and found myself unable to act as I did last game, but that didn't happen :spy

Users who are viewing this thread