puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Game Track

Game Track

Night 1

Aditya roleblocked Barmy - Successful.
Manly tracked Barmy - No result.
Varun investigated Bevab - Anti-town alignment.
Bevab targetted Sedition - Successful.
Barmy and Zhuorb unable to act.

Night 2

Aditya roleblocked Varun - Successful
Manly tracked Aditya - Successful
Barmy investigated Aditya - Anti-Town
Zhuorb targetted Manly - Successful
Mark targetted Zhourb - Successful
Varun unable to use his role.

Night 3
Aditya roleblocked Barmy - Successful
Varun investigated Barmy - Successful
Mark targetted Barmy - Successful
Barmy investigated Varun - Dead

MVP: Toss up between Barmyarmy and Mark. Gonna give it to Mark after he lost his killer straight away and got a bit unlucky in that every night kill turned out to be soft-claiming vanillas or the SK :p

----------

Who figured out the cryptic clues at any point?

I stuck an angram of Sedition in one write up when referring to the newspapers getting the story mostly correct.

The insane cop was a bit too obvious, initally boating in France near Paris would have to be "in seine" but added the Pink Floyd lyric to really sell it.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is anyone planning to run a game next?

ved_

International Coach
My ghost posts are specifically made to annoy living players, Varun. It's to partially make them feel bad out of guilt that they killed me.
I'd not be bothered by running another game too. Actually, I'd rather create a game in an hour. Will be an open setup, though.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
----------

If somehow they had killed Colin or me on Night 1 and 2, then we would've been in deep trouble. T

Not really. The whole point of this setup is that the Cops aren't that important. The time that could be lost trying to determine their sanities and the fact both the SK and GF would turn up town means the cops were more of a distraction. The tracker is really the big player for town. Especially as if the GF can get investigated early on they'll be a confirmed townie for some people. Likewise if the cop claims and admits this fact, it narrows it down to a smaller batch of people that might be the RB or tracker.

Just think, had Mark been lucky enough to hit Adi and Manly instead of Sedition and Zhuorb. There'd have been two cops without any real way of getting a good read on the plain vanillas and misleading SK and GF.

----------

Funnily enough, Adi roleblocking the cops and my subsequent prose probably made figuring out the cops sanities a little too easy and as such allowed the two of you to clear each other. My intentions had been to reveal nearly all the roles via the writeup, but very little in terms of actual actions. However the vaguer I was the harder it was to sound interesting :p

Varun

ICC Board Member
True. Aditya played a big role in helping Colin and me clear each other, although we were still pretty sure of our sanities beforehand. Still, we ended up investigating each other on Night 3.

I actually thought that mentioning the [Anti-Town], [Pro-Town] format would convince Colin that I am telling the truth but apparently it didn't.

Also want to mention that the writeups were very interesting. I've got a similar writing style, except that I am not good at cryptic clues and wordplays. You could check out the Amusement Park mafia writeups to corroborate that. :p

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Anyway, first post should have links to all the main posts with the writeups/game track/roles etc...

Hope you all enjoyed it, I spent a long time worrying about the balance and desperately trying to make sure there was room for mislynches and double kills without ending the game. If people think the setup was good, I'll do a similar one with 11 people where the mafia get a RB (or random PR) and the town get one more vanilla.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Oh, and about referring to my PM (I've just seen the disapproval of that action of mine in the Spectator QT) mafia games on PC generally allow you to paraphrase your PMs, or mention that something was in your PM. Only copy and pasting your PM outright is not allowed. The bit in the rules on the first post didn't exactly convey that we couldn't refer to our PMs even without copy-pasting them, so I unconsciously assumed that to be the old rule. Sorry if that annoyed you, I didn't mean to cheat or break the rules. :)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Excellent work in running this game, Puddle. :thumbs

As far as me blocking Colin and Varun on successive nights is concerned, I had no idea who to go for on night 0 and to be honest, I found Colin a little suspicious throughout the game and hence me blocking him on night 0 and 3. On night 1, I was confused who to block between Varun and BKB. In the end, I went with Varun. It all seemed to work out pretty well for Varun and me but if we had lynched Mark instead of BKB, Colin and BKB too would have won this one.

ved_

International Coach
Does this officially mean that Aditya has created the record, surpassing Abhas? I see both of them at 7 in the mafia thread..

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I can't believe it's over already! ~36 hours wasted today :noway

Good setup and write-ups from PD. Put me down for your next one, looking forward to it :)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah he did. Started at day mainly to give people a chance for a little post to confirm and a possible pressure lynch, but Bevab had a shocker and was all but confirmed. Was always going to be uphill from there.

P

pcfan123

Bevab forced my hand to out him when he made that observation.

When I got my role first thing I noticed was that I wouldn't know who my team mate was until the night. When Bevab mentioned it, I knew it was him.

Figured I might as well kill him and secure my position as a townie

Users who are viewing this thread