Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't worry, we've won this. :D

No idea why Mark didn't provide a defense earlier in the day. :p

ved_

International Coach
Awesome job Varun! Kudos to the town. Meh, that's pretty much it. I wish I would have survived that night. fearsome tweak my life

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
End Game

He had once been a great cop. His record of successfully closed cases lent him the respect of everyone in the force. Perhaps that had been why the last few years had been so difficult. His memory had faded. Where there once had been colour, now he saw just misty greys. His mind was increasingly gripped by delusions, retirement was long overdue. One year still remained until he could collect his pension, he had to hold on. This was his last big case.

The town closed in on survival. It appeared that finally, the threat was cornered. Yet when night fell, bitter seeds of a jealous past were sewn. The old cop made his way home, for the first time in years he felt relaxed. He could see soothing light at the end of the dark tunnel that his mind had been fumbling through. He stopped suddenly. He was old, but he still possessed his instinct. He knew who was behind him. He didn't have time to wonder why the town didn't stick to their plan. The silenced Glock fired two shots into the back of his skull, and the old cop took an early retirement.

With the break of day the town learnt the grizzly truth. Perhaps one person even smiled to himself, but the serious business now remained. The three remaining players in this brutal tragedy had one more sacrifice still to make. The Godfather was close. Night had not been kind to him, but he had made his own shadows during the day. In the bright sunshine of this crisp winters day he awoke to the sound of his door being smashed in. There was no need to run. He had been so close, he had no regrets. The king of the Duckton underworld now prepared to meet the king of the fabled underworld. Duckton was safe for now.

Mark is Dead. He was Godfather. Mafia Aligned.
You are the Godfather ? Mafia aligned. You give a pro town alignment result when investigated by a cop.

----------

First post updated a bit with links to spectator thread and quicklinks to each day/night writeup etc.

Also, give me a min, and I'll post each role and what everyone did each night.

Varun

ICC Board Member
So it turns out I did a good job not investigating Mark on Night 3 haha.

----------

Good game, Adi. Despite appearing scummy, you still find ways to win. :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Roles

Roles//

Mark
You are the Godfather ? Mafia aligned. You give a pro town alignment result when investigated by a cop.

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

You can not visit your target for the kill unless your goon is already dead.

You will receive access to your mafia QT thread at the beginning of the first night.
Bevab
You are Goon ? Mafia aligned. Each night you may submit one town player to target to be killed via PM to the game mod.

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

You will receive access to your Mafia QT thread at the beginning of the first night.
Zhuorb
You are the OCD Serial Killer ? 3rd party aligned. You have a fascination for even numbers and may only kill on those nights.

If investigated on an odd numbered night, you show as town, if on an even numbered night you show as anti-town.

You win if only you are alive (or if nothing can prevent the same)
Varun and BarmyArmy (Colin insane cop so gets reversed results).
You are Cop ? town aligned.

You may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their alignment. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing either [Anti-Town] or [Pro-Town].

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Aditya
You are the role blocker ? town aligned.

Each night you may choose one person and block their night action.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Manly
You are the Tracker ? Town aligned. Each night you may visit one player and see who they visited.

Sedition and BKB1991
You are vanilla town ? town aligned.

You have no special abilities, but this is your town, and you'll be damned if anyone else is taking it from you. You may vote during the day, and pray during the night. Unfortunately, God has forsaken Duckton, and he won't hear them.

Last edited:

Varun

ICC Board Member
Hmmm, was probably not unbalanced, you could've given Mark mafia doctor abilities to give them something against the SK, but then it would have been useless this game.

I feel Bevab played a very poor game, otherwise mafia had a great chance of winning this. Mark did a great job by resisting being lynched till the end.

----------

If somehow they had killed Colin or me on Night 1 and 2, then we would've been in deep trouble. This was basically the reason I played cautiously and tried not to be overactive. I guess Sedition and Zhuorb both got killed because Mark thought it highly probable that they were cops.

ved_

International Coach
Mark is a stupid ****er.:p
I'm really annoyed at this game to be honest. Just hope that I get mafia in the next game I play, just to laugh when I see people dying all around. Obviously, I won't die, unless the next game mod holds some grudge against me and has a SK role.

Varun

ICC Board Member
"It is that sort of a setup where you can't really tell. It can come out to be the most amazing and can also be the worst of all."

This post by User completely expresses my views on the setup. :)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Good game, Adi. Despite appearing scummy, you still find ways to win. :p

Haha, I didn't think on day 1 that I'd win this one, with all that me not lynching Bevab thing and on the very next day phase, that Zhourb thing happened. Though, I personally feel that once I role claimed as my original role my game improved but then again, I had no idea that Mark was lying. The time of your role claim and Colin's was perfect, it allowed me to come forward and disclose my actual role too, which then allowed me to play my natural game.

Good game by you too, Varun. I feel sorry for Colin though, he was so close to winning another game. :p

Varun

ICC Board Member
Mark is a stupid kerplucker.:p
I'm really annoyed at this game to be honest. Just hope that I get mafia in the next game I play, just to laugh when I see people dying all around. Obviously, I won't die, unless the next game mod holds some grudge against me and has a SK role.

You became overactive as an SK. That got you killed in the night. With an SK one needs to strike a balance between being overactive and underactive, in the first case you get killed at night, in the latter you get lynched in the day. :p

The only thing that annoyed me in the game was Zhuorb's ghost posts.

----------

Colin, you investigated me on Night 3? Haha.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Colin, one can never trust you in mafia games. :p I wanted to completely make sure that if you survive the night, you're cleared. Blame Varun, his post about trust your "intuition" made me go with you rather than Mark. :p

Users who are viewing this thread