Mini Mafia - Town wins!

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I see it's only been 24 hours since Manly posted to sign up, so I'll give him maybe another 6.

Unlynch: Manly

Don't think the rest of you will be getting 6 more hours either :spy

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I guess I'll be the douche who leans towards the early no lynch then? Seems to be the normal first move?

Obviously wait to hear Manly get involved and hopefully some kind of discussion for me to start accusing you all (especially you Sedition since we'll probably be the only 2 people online at the time), but we haven't even had a night yet so the cop won't have a read and we have no idea who the mafia could be yet? I am also keen for any kind of bandwagon lynch though (even if it's me for comedy value) just for the sake of it. Never know, might strike oil and hit a mafia.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
There's probably a reason we started at day, besides letting everyone post. It suggests to me that the mafia isn't just two goons, but maybe a godfather/goon or something a bit stronger than the last two games anyway that started at night.

----------

or as I mentioned before, it could be because the town isn't as strong as a cop, doc and vanillas.

It must be a game balance thing though, so it would be good for someone experienced *cough* barmy *cough* to give some insight on what the possibilities are.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It must be a game balance thing though, so it would be good for someone experienced *cough* barmy *cough* to give some insight on what the possibilities are.

*sneeze* Agreed *sneeze* *fart*

As per usual I'm pretty confused about it all which only adds to the fun of accusing Barmy of something if he does answer ha, although be nice to not get night killed in this game so maybe I should let Sedition do the talking :spy

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Not too bothered if barmy doesn't humour me with a response, he already missed the boat on giving some insight to his "fellow" townies.

I have some thoughts and suspicions on Hedger still, but I'm going to wait and see what else he has to say.

In all likelihood we'll no-lynch today, but we may have an extra townie up our sleeve by starting at day, so a mislynch probably wouldn't lose it.

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
There's probably a reason we started at day, besides letting everyone post. It suggests to me that the mafia isn't just two goons, but maybe a godfather/goon or something a bit stronger than the last two games anyway that started at night.

Interesting point that you've pick up on, but it confuses me slightly. How is a day start more beneficial to town? If it starts at night, we have a lead in the form of cop or something, even though there is a possibility of someone getting killed (like I was last game). Even though I always prefer a day start, yet I don't think the advantage offered would be enough to offset a mafia advantage like godfather. That would seriously over-power the mafia, considering we rely heavily on cop reports.

Anyway, leaving that aside, I hope Manly posts soon.
Sedition and PD are again nicely active which is good to see.

I would think we could push for a lynch on the most suspicious person, though whether we do lynch someone finally, we could decide in the end.
But yeah, as PD said, bandwagons often reveal crucial hints concerning the motivation of people.

Right now, I have no idea whom to lynch, so I'll just hold onto that.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Depends on the variation of the Godfather role I guess. I don't really know if a day start is more advantageous to the town or not, but to me it feels like it is.

Maybe User was just giving us the chance to lynch an inactive player without it costing us the game too :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I think Hedge probably over-analysed though, so..

Over analysed so I'm fos'd. tbh, I don't see the logic there.

A lot of games have had third parties (nearly all actually) so me pointing out the likelihood of a third party, doesn't really mean much, and I definitely wouldn't call it over analysing.

And Manly, get on... Or we will have to lynch you and then you won't have that record anymore :p

Also, barmy being very filler imo. Don't know whether that's a scum tell though atm.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it just me or Sedition and Puddleduck are looking for reasons to lynch Colin?

@Sedition - Seriously? You want to lynch Manly because he hasn't confirmed his role and then you later unlynch him because it hasn't been a while since he last posted? I'd like to point out the differences in time zones, it's not necessary that everyone is online at the time when you're online. You need to give him some time to defend himself. I also feel that you should have fos'ed him rather than lynch him, it's simply aggressive play which I don't appreciate on day 1.

For now, I'd fos you two because you guys are just looking for unnecessary reasons to lynch players.

FOS : Sedition and Puddleduck

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I am also keen for any kind of bandwagon lynch though (even if it's me for comedy value) just for the sake of it. Never know, might strike oil and hit a mafia.

Also, I find this post a bit scummy. Seems to be PD is eager to get a bandwagon on someone going, so could be mafia and trying to get an early lynch on a townie.

Btw, if we have two mafia and no third party, then we likely have a mislynch that we can use today and only today, but if there is a third party, we're sort of screwed if we mislynch.

While I wouldn't mind a lynch today as we may well have a mislynch, I'm hesitant with there maybe being a third party out there.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Over analysed so I'm fos'd. tbh, I don't see the logic there.

A lot of games have had third parties (nearly all actually) so me pointing out the likelihood of a third party, doesn't really mean much, and I definitely wouldn't call it over analysing.

And Manly, get on... Or we will have to lynch you and then you won't have that record anymore :p

Also, barmy being very filler imo. Don't know whether that's a scum tell though atm.

The over-analysing reason was just a joke, since my reason for Colin was under-analysing. The real reason I'm suspicious of you is naturally because you cast suspicion on me, and since you wrongly suspected that I was mafia last game, I can see you being capable of trying to get a lynch going on me if you are mafia.

I do think the third party could be a possibility though, so that's the main reason I might err on the side of no-lynch today. Does that fact it only takes 4 to lynch when there's 7 of us indicate that someone is a third party? Normally takes 4 with 6..

----------

Is it just me or Sedition and Puddleduck are looking for reasons to lynch Colin?

@Sedition - Seriously? You want to lynch Manly because he hasn't confirmed his role and then you later unlynch him because it hasn't been a while since he last posted? I'd like to point out the differences in time zones, it's not necessary that everyone is online at the time when you're online. You need to give him some time to defend himself. I also feel that you should have fos'ed him rather than lynch him, it's simply aggressive play which I don't appreciate on day 1.

For now, I'd fos you two because you guys are just looking for unnecessary reasons to lynch players.

FOS : Sedition and Puddleduck

I'm looking for reasons to lynch anyone if I suspect they're mafia. If I don't press Colin, how will I know? Will Manly get the hint if he's comfortable not posting even though he's been online since roles were sent out? I will continue to be aggressive on day 1 since I might not get another day and some people need pressuring to speak, which gives hints to townies who look back days later.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
The real reason I'm suspicious of you is naturally because you cast suspicion on me, and since you wrongly suspected that I was mafia last game,

tbh, the real reason I suspected you may be mafia was the way you and PD were going at each other, I was sure one of you were mafia. Anyway, that game doesn't really matter anymore so focus back to this game.

I struggle to see the reasoning in that though. So your fos is based on the fact that if I'm mafia, then I could lead a lynch on you quite easily? But you haven't really given much to say why you think I'm mafia. More, you're just nervous that I could lead a lynch on you if I wanted to.

Does that fact it only takes 4 to lynch when there's 7 of us indicate that someone is a third party? Normally takes 4 with 6..

No, the amount of votes needed to hammer is 50% rounded down + 1 vote (cause that's the only maths I can think of :p). i.e.

3 players: 50% = 1 + 1 = 2
4 players: 50% = 2 + 1 = 3
5 players: 50% = 2 + 1 = 3
6 players: 50% = 3 + 1 = 4
7 players: 50% = 3 + 1 = 4

And you get the point. So third party/maf numbers doesn't have any impact on the amount needed for a hammer.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Ah okay, cheers man. Thought I had found the smoking gun. I guess we'll have to rely on another 1 or 2 write-ups to know if there's a third party.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I will continue to be aggressive on day 1 since I might not get another day and some people need pressuring to speak, which gives hints to townies who look back days later.

The thing is that if you are aggressive to everyone and then killed, there's not anybody in particular the town can look at to pressure. But yes, I know how it feels to die early most of the time, and I like to put a lot of effort early on before I die (if I do so), so at least there's something the town can look at.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm looking for reasons to lynch anyone if I suspect they're mafia. If I don't press Colin, how will I know? Will Manly get the hint if he's comfortable not posting even though he's been online since roles were sent out? I will continue to be aggressive on day 1 since I might not get another day and some people need pressuring to speak, which gives hints to townies who look back days later.

Alright, agreed there. You putting pressure on Colin is totally understood but what about Manly? You're sounding confused here, you lynched him and than later unlynched him, saying that you'd give him another 6 hours to post in his defense. It's been already 6 hours. What now?

Users who are viewing this thread