My First Animation For TAOC !

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
UPDATE :

not only have i done the malinga action but have also finished
doing the off spinner action based on chris gayle !! ;)

will post the vids soon....hopefully by today....so stay tuned !! :)

oh and any ideas who's action i should use for doing the
"MEDIUM" pacer action ???

Glenn Magrath, maybe Hopes.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
oh and any ideas who's action i should use for doing the "MEDIUM" pacer action ???

I'm going to say Mcgrath, because I just finished analysing him on simplycricket.

After his run up, he sends the right (back) knee high in the air. The bowling arm goes to the neck and the non bowling arm forms a textbook 'L' shape. He does travel quite far forward with the jump, but it is comparitively less than most bowlers and the distance travelled is more up than forwards. Mcgrath also moves closer to the stumps. This aids dismissals at a high level, but at anything below county level, it would be best to avoid this to keep control and pace.

The front arm extends with the shoulder at head height and the arm angled slightly upwards. At this point, the bowling arm is loaded up by the hip.

I am afraid I misleaded you in PM. It would seem that Glenn Mcgrath is in fact a side on bowler. The back foot is side on and so is the chest. He appears front on because he opens himself up using the front arm after landing. All bowlers are front on at delivery but McGrath makes an effort to do this early. This means that his main bowling muscles are the hips and side.

Glenn Mcgrath's front leg does not rise too high before landing. He does this so that he does not collapse upon delivery and keeps maximum height. The front foot is in line with the toe of the side foot (the front foot is facing straight on, as with most bowlers - facing the slips is not terrible either).

Because of the short delivery stride, he is able to keep the front leg braced (straight). He manages to keep the wrist completely behind the ball too.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/image/317439.html

Although the back is put into the delivery, he ensures not to overbalance at all and to keep his eyes level with no falling away of the back. The stillness of the head is no more evident than the fact that he can bowl with sunglasses in the nets.

Whilst keeping all things controlled, do not forget to power through with the legs, following through with as much strength as you can. Every bowler bowls off his feet and Mcgrath is no exception.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/image/270540.html

Remember kartik, I'm often on msn, willing to offer help with fast bowling actions, as I consider it my area of expertise.

Mona brothers

School Boy Cricketers
This game s growing well...Waiting for bowling video,..
can u tell me what modelling software are u using?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
For legspin, Danish Kaneria seems to represent a "leggie's action"

Kumble is too side on (he's special)

For medium pace, I recommend Mohammad Asif, just for the simplicity.

.Mob

International Coach
Chamara Kapugedera's action looks easy to me, in the Medium section.

edx

School Cricketer
what about nathan astle for a medium pacer?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Shane Warne has a classic leg spinners action. What about Murali for off-breaks? Surely it won't be hard to animate that :D

Users who are viewing this thread