Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

the crowd in this game is very demoralizing.. they don't act with the situation at all..they don't give any reaction if i score 4 or six.. i think ross should think of improving this thing in the next patch

If it count's I managed to get my 55 year old, father playing yesterday with rather hilarious results.... The odd accusation of cheating was flown around too... :eek:

ok. So we have a record. Sadly the record is less than 10 years older than myself :(

Just tell him it's not cheating we detect how old you are from the way you hold the controller and give diminished abilities based on age* :)

*I think I'm allowed to say that because I'm part of the "old" club too :)

Last edited:
the crowd in this game is very demoralizing.. they don't act with the situation at all..they don't give any reaction if i score 4 or six.. i think ross should think of improving this thing in the next patch

Must be you....my crowd love me, especially since I bought the game.

ok. So we have a record. Sadly the record is less than 10 years older than myself :(

Just tell him it's not cheating we detect how old you are from the way you hold the controller and give diminished abilities based on age :)

Haha you know that may just work..... :spy However, he is also under the impression, playing with the ai on rookie I might add, with Assist's on is also setting him up to fail. Don't think I've ever seen the vein in his forehead pulsing as much :D.

Crowd noise is good I think, graphically crowd is poor - very, very unlikely that I am going to put resources into making it better in a patch.

----------

Haha you know that may just work..... :spy However, he is also under the impression, playing with the ai on rookie I might add, with Assist's on is also setting him up to fail. Don't think I've ever seen the vein in his forehead pulsing as much :D.

The only FPS I play, Resistance, I gave to my father. He gets a real kick out of it, no word of a lie, it took him 14 months to complete the first one and longer the second. SOoooooooo frustrating to watch him play it, I have to leave the room.

Must be you....my crowd love me, especially since I bought the game.

Feels like my crowd hate seeing me take to the crease... They know I'll be out within the first few deliveries I face.... :noway

@Ross; Remind's me of my old man playing Battlefield alway's ask's me to complete the campaign for him, yet he some how manages to get a semi decent kill/death ratio online. He's all thumbs which may help in someway.. I might have to ask. Hearing him shouting and ranting at the Tv provides at least some entertainment.

Last edited:
Time when this post started 05-30-14, 08:48
its more than a month now. i understand it is still pending but pc version has patch 2 + more released. this is a little bit frustrating. dont get me wrong this is he best game ever but when u are given hope of something better it can be demoralising.

Just tell him it's not cheating we detect how old you are from the way you hold the controller and give diminished abilities based on age* :)

*I think I'm allowed to say that because I'm part of the "old" club too :)

Haha great game ross, makes me feel young again! Trust me, when you have played cric games from the 1970s this is a quantum leap. Cards and dice in my day! Subutteo cricket anyone?

I'm not far behind...

Did you ever play, back in the olden days of the 80s, Graham Gooch Cricket?

There was a game before that on the Spectrum 48k which was really basic it was basically a sim as you couldnt control anything. I forget the name of it.

And of course before that there was this...
$_57.JPG

VKw1v3P.jpg

IIZk0Zo.jpg

Nobody crying for patches then! (except your mum as you need them on your trousers for kneeling on the floor):lol

There was a game before that on the Spectrum 48k which was really basic it was basically a sim as you couldnt control anything. I forget the name of

Oh yes! The spectrum thing...took about 20 mins to just load! Minden playing card cricket, owzhat , how basic was that!

I actually would buy that Test Match Cricket board game again if I ever saw it. Rolling the ball down that chute was great fun lol. When batting if you hit it straight back it would run up the chute and then roll back down again
IIZk0Zo.jpg

There was a game before that on the Spectrum 48k which was really basic it was basically a sim as you couldnt control anything. I forget the name of it.

And of course before that there was this...
$_57.JPG

VKw1v3P.jpg

IIZk0Zo.jpg

Nobody crying for patches then! (except your mum as you need them on your trousers for kneeling on the floor):lol

If you liked that, them you'll love this. This is well on the way now.... announcement not too far away (once we settle DBC14 down).

Was to be available 2013 but slipped as we put all resources on DBC14.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you liked that, them you'll love this. This is well on the way now.... announcement not too far away (once we settle DBC14 down).

Was to be available 2013 but slipped as we put all resources on DBC14.

Ohh that looks great fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I bought DBC 14 from Playstation Store and its awesome!

I just had a question though, read the OP right now and saw that there is added an option to start career at an older age, but when I go to start a new career, I dont have these options.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Users who are viewing this thread