Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

YouBears

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
issues that stood out for me was the inability to begin career mode on an easier difficulty

I've got to say, I'm more and more pleased with myself reading these posts. I'm continually getting 30's/40's in my first season. Whilst I am still struggling with spin with my player (can't wait to get him in the nets!), I now think these scores (plus a few half centuries) are decent going for my 16 year old pro!

latindancer

Banned
i was banned from the site by all powerful MaTT the (administrator) :lol for saying Bigant will not release the patch before the PC release even if there was one. and here you all are still waiting for this so call patch :D . jokes on you Matt. a gentleman would apologize, but cricket PC gaming in never a gentleman's game..

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
i was banned from the site by all powerful MaTT the (administrator) :lol for saying Bigant will not release the patch before the PC release even if there was one. and here you all are still waiting for this so call patch :D . jokes on you Matt. a gentleman would apologize, but cricket PC gaming in never a gentleman's game..

Welcome back and have fun.;)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
i was banned from the site by all powerful MaTT the (administrator) for saying Bigant will not release the patch before the PC release even if there was one. and here you all are still waiting for this so call patch . jokes on you Matt. a gentleman would apologize, but cricket PC gaming in never a gentleman's game..
Oh well, just to make sure it's out by the next time you post, have another month.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The most important things to remember are:
1. we have a good quality cricket game
2. some bugs have already been fixed
3. other issues are being fixed
4. the game is continuing to improve.

Take all that into consideration before you moan about the game or Big Ant or whoever. Have we had a cricket game previously that met all 4 of these points?

I would say this is a great perspective.

This is my current, evolving position on the whole thing, and bear in mind the last cricket game I played was Cricket 04 on the PS2, so I am not in the ?best cricket game ever? camp, I take DBC for itself.

I would say the initial release was an overall very good game, though it certainly had some major frustrations and dare I say it even very poor elements (the Supermen in the covers combined with general AI-field settings were major frustrations that were game-spoiling if not quite game-breaking). But the game was improved by patch 1 and the PC version (and one assumes Patch 2 for consoles once released) is another large step forward.

There are still frustrations and areas requiring polish, but it comes down to really do want to stress out because you don?t agree with the MOTM, or even get annoyed (as I still can) that there 4 guys on the boundary and no slips and it?s the 4th over of a Test, or do you want to step back and say ? you know what, this is a bloody fantastic game that I enjoy playing immensely?

For me the big difference in the way the game has evolved across the patches is, initial release I had moments of immense frustration, almost bang the table ?how can they get x so right and y so wrong??? (the gamer equivalent of ?how come they can put a man on the moon but they can?t make a detergent that?ll get the skidders out of my trunks??)? patch one it was more ?hell this is better, but I still want them to work on x,y,and z?? now with the PC version (and hopefully patch 2) it?s ?this is beautiful? a and b will make it perfect??

So yeah, I think* there needs to be more edges when bowling to the AI** and the AI field setting needs a lot of work and I would like easier to read/follow scorecards and more graphs etc. but none of that stops you enjoying what a wonderful game this is.

If you're still "disappointed" or whatever, this is not a ?download my team? plea, but if you (whether on PC or console patch 1) haven?t done so, I suggest downloading my South Africa XI side. Play with them, and play against them. They have Vince van der Bijl, 202cm tall, and though he?s not as fast as Procter, Barlow, Le Roux etc. just see the difference you get in bounce. See the AI struggle with his bouncers even on Veteran level and you?re barely good enough to bowl on Pro. See the difference between a bouncer from him at 82mph and one from Le Roux at 91mph in terms of how the AI can handle it. Play against them and see for yourself. And when you bowl a bouncer that hits the batsman (and you will), do you want to complain that there isn?t a ?hurt? animation, or do you want to marvel at a game that actually represents the difference and difficulty in facing a bowler of 202cm and a bowler of 180cm?

*haven?t really bowled enough on PC version to tell, but from what I see the main problem is still that they** don?t make small errors, they middle it or miss by miles.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
hey ross! i have asked it quiet a few times..but i got no reply..i am again asking today! how to change the jersey in to short sleeve, full sleeve or jumper or something else? can we change it?

I regret answering you in the other thread now you've revealed yourself to be what's known round my way as a "thread-spamming fearsome tweaker".

I believe there are still 3 sub forums you've not posted this in - keep going!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
To say this game is unplayable in pre patch 2 form is quite rubbish really. May be some people deserved Ashes 13.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Just Pissed at microsoft for taking ages to pass the patch, and it affecting the PS3 players.
They took ages last time and found a career mode bug that would have affected PS3 users as well, that Sony didn't spot. Not saying Microsoft are great, but they do need to test the patches thoroughly, if it is even Microsoft that it hasn't passed yet.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@blockerdave You had me gripped then you lost me when you started talking height in centimetres.

:D Funny.

Quick question... If I bought and downloaded the game today, Im assuming I would of downloaded it with patch 2 already installed right?

steam id: jordanshelton

Users who are viewing this thread