Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can you add two separate options as "Aerial Marker Fielding" "Aerial Marker Batting" for patch#3 as I play without the aerial marker for batting but need that for fielding and that's not possible currently ...Please do add this...

CallyT

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone help with the following. Know this prob isn't best place but can't start a new thread.

How to you get different Line ups for one day and four day matches in career mode. I have get best and when I check the line ups in team management they are both different but once I start career then I just get the same line up for both one day and four day games.

Can you also use downloaded umpires such as Steve Buckner etc in career mode.

Cheers

Last edited:

Westindies

Club Captain
can you please add save game as well as in addition to save and exit? i want to save the game whenever i require

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
If you could patch it so pace bowlers follow through off the pitch I think the straight drive c/b issue would be eliminated. As that's one area that should be fixed. Especially from a laws of the game POV

fallensoldier

School Cricketer
For me the patch has been 50/50, it fixes some of the gripes from b4, filed placement etc superhuman fielders etc, however really not liking the changes to batting, majority of the shots (cut, pull, offdrives) go in the air, no matter the timing, it was much better b4. Secondly, there are more edges while batting, I could understand this for bowling but there was already enough for batting imo, if anything more variety was needed as the majority used to go to the keeper b4.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For me the patch has been 50/50, it fixes some of the gripes from b4, filed placement etc superhuman fielders etc, however really not liking the changes to batting, majority of the shots (cut, pull, offdrives) go in the air, no matter the timing, it was much better b4. Secondly, there are more edges while batting, I could understand this for bowling but there was already enough for batting imo, if anything more variety was needed as the majority used to go to the keeper b4.

Anytime I reach the end of game (360) or even save the game freezes. Its unplayable now. :(

maxwasim

Club Cricketer

same here... struggling even more with the batting

willbob234

School Cricketer
Hi guys, been signed up to these forums for a while now but rarely post. Just a word to say great job by BigAnt with post-release support. Patch 2 has improved the game even more than before. Experiencing a few issues that hopefully will be ironed out in patch 3, if anyone else has these would be great to know.

- slow down and frame rate drop in the outfield when fielding (PS3)
- Edges when caught be either the wicket keeper or slip(s) say C & B by the bowler
- few times where the ball has passed through the bat of the CPU team as if the bat where invisible.

Keep up the good work BigAnt! class game.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
just had my first go on the patch and it does seem a lot better, will need to relearn a lot of things though as defending seems less sure due to increased edges (out both times to a defensive block taking an edge) but I can take on the fielders a bit more now. so instead of blocking out tricky bowlers I'll need to learn to attack a bit more.

the hook is a lot nicer, felt it was one of the overly safe shots pre-patch, but now seems to go air born a bit if you don't time it. will need to watch out for that as well.

had a go bowling and that will take some getting used to as well. the SR and average is going up but the economy is going down (both good points as my SR was 22, average was about 15 and my economy was up over 4 in tests, silly stats for a beginner). need to figure out how again how to force a wicket with my spinner.

jaraarrow

International Coach
The only thing that bugs me about the game(pardon the pun)these days is the fielders who walk to the ball instead of running,especially in online games when my opponent gets 2 runs instead of 1 and so on.Apart from that i think the game is fantastic(mrs jaraarrow isnt a happy bunny):lol

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can you add two separate options as "Aerial Marker Fielding" "Aerial Marker Batting" for patch#3 as I play without the aerial marker for batting but need that for fielding and that's not possible currently ...Please do add this...

Whilst would be nice it's so easy to change this option at start of batting/bowling session

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
The only thing that bugs me about the game(pardon the pun)these days is the fielders who walk to the ball instead of running,especially in online games when my opponent gets 2 runs instead of 1 and so on.Apart from that i think the game is fantastic(mrs jaraarrow isnt a happy bunny):lol

Switch to manual fielding and this will go away.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Have played a fair bit now on PC and patch 2 (xbox).

This is a great game, but it is hugely let down by the AI field setting when batting and the extreme rarity of AI edges when bowling.

When batting, the AI field setting is simply not fit for purpose. Ok so they start with slips now (FC) but they will be moved out quickly. After a few overs there will be a field change every ball. Hit a leg glance, there's a deep square leg. Cover drive the bext ball, the square leg will be moved to deep cover. Hook the next one... Deep cover moved back to deep square... And so on ad infinitum. God forbid you play two forward defensives, you will have a silly mid-off and a silly mid-on. I don't see that it's an issue of tweaking, it's a broken system, that needs reworking from the ground up. In the meantime they should work out a few fields and restrict the AI to those until they have a proper AI (hint, not one of them involve no slips, a silly mid-off, short mid off and a short leg).

When bowling, the scarcity of AI edges negates the excellent bowling control system and still makes bowling a chore. I don't feel there is any element that bowling to a plan will work. I have also been experimenting with different pitch conditions - to be honest neither batting or bowling seems to be different on any conditions.

Hopefully the AI edge issue can be resolved via tweaking, so you'd hope to see some improvement on that soon, but the AI field setting is more of a concern.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
...that's how you do constructive feedback, kids. Have said for a while now the biggest weakness in this game is the field-side. They've almost fixed the overpowered fielders but the default field-sets have to be restricted to a sensible 10-15 options for the AI and I think that suggestion has real merit.

Totally agree on the more regular field changes from the AI needing to be tweaked...

Users who are viewing this thread