Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
We get about 4 edges per innings in T20`s Online . Seems about right , like I said , it just doesnt "feel" right as the batting side as you dont feel that you have done anything wrong , but get caught behind by the keeper.

Luckily he has started to drop 1 or 2 per match since Patch2 , so that helps at least.

Alberts

International Coach
We get about 4 edges per innings in T20`s Online . Seems about right , like I said , it just doesnt "feel" right as the batting side as you dont feel that you have done anything wrong , but get caught behind by the keeper.

Luckily he has started to drop 1 or 2 per match since Patch2 , so that helps at least.

The issue isn't between people, the issue is human to AI.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My steam updated dbc this morning:yes.
Has anyone any idea what this update contains?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I enjoy the mind games of bowling...

... Wait, I'm playing against AI aren't I. No minds to play with...

The point I'm trying to make is a lot of the tactics that work in real life can work in this game too. If you're content to bowl over after over of the same 1 or 2 deliveries, then expect not to see the results you expect. Instead, play intelligently. Mix them up, and bowl to a plan. Don't just bowl a delivery because it's different to the one before it, bowl it because you know exactly why you've chosen it.

For instance, if I am bowling spin against a batsman who favours flat bat, but is weak on the front foot or straight bat, I'll bowl a few deliveries to have him try to sweep etc. Then when he is expecting me to change it up a bit by bowling a slider, I bowl a topspinner instead haha! :lol

Sometimes you gotta hustle the batsman. Sure you might go for a few runs in the process, but that's the risk/reward. Eventually you'll get the payoff.

This is what I'm talking about in this comment. Bowling is a bit like chess in some respects. Spend time to lead your opponent into thinking you are bowling him in a particular way - essentially you want him to get into the mindset where he's premeditating you. Then when you sense you have him under control, you bowl 'that ball' that strikes at his weakness.

I cant really explain it as good as this video of Warne does. Note there is a lot of orthodox leg breaks, then the wrong 'un, then the big turner that bowls him round his legs.

Mind games. Pure and simple :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Unicorn milk and fairy teeth... @Ross confirmed this in another thread.

Green wicket. Med fast bowler bowling close to stumps. Overpitched delivery choice (yellow button on 360). Away cutter choice. Release ball just before the 'good' window on bowling needle indicator thingy (so its an overpitched 'overpitched delivery' / yorkeresque......can generate a nick to keeper. OR, quite worryingly, just short of first slip!!

ellgieff

Club Captain
What you are seeing is a bug, if it wasn't there then you'd know what your issue is. It's most unfortunate.

That said, one of the key drivers of a sequel will be to make this game far more accessible, the next game needs to be far more intuitive and give users the ability to pick up and play far more easily, I believe we can keep the same (or near same) controls but have far better feedback and cues.

I don't want to post it in the bugs forum, because it's not really a bug.

I understand that the physics is working fine as far as your model is concerned, but there's still something hinky about your model, as far as how much force the bat applies to the ball.

I'm bowling right arm off-breaks in my career. I just got hit for 6 - which happens to spinners occasionally.

I don't think I've ever seen a spinner hit for a six that nearly hits the sightscreen behind the batsman (was about two metres to the leg side of the sightscreen when it landed). There's no way for a batsman to apply enough force in that direction - and being a spinner, he can't use the pace of the ball because it doesn't have any.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't want to post it in the bugs forum, because it's not really a bug.

I understand that the physics is working fine as far as your model is concerned, but there's still something hinky about your model, as far as how much force the bat applies to the ball.

I'm bowling right arm off-breaks in my career. I just got hit for 6 - which happens to spinners occasionally.

I don't think I've ever seen a spinner hit for a six that nearly hits the sightscreen behind the batsman (was about two metres to the leg side of the sightscreen when it landed). There's no way for a batsman to apply enough force in that direction - and being a spinner, he can't use the pace of the ball because it doesn't have any.

You know, Ive realised something in recent days.

When you play a straight drive in matches, it always comes at the bowler waist height. But play the same stroke in the nets, and it always goes along the ground, with little or no exceptions.

I know I've said before to not directly compare nets with matches, but I've done it here. I just can't shake the thought that something works a little differently in match situations.

grkrama

National Board President
I know I've said before to not directly compare nets with matches, but I've done it here. I just can't shake the thought that something works a little differently in match situations.
the AI is able to play grounded shots that bounce of the pitch with the same shot animations.

Last edited:

ellgieff

Club Captain
I think bowling is still too easy post patch 2 (at least at Pro level) - at least if you don't let the captain set fields for you.

Just bowled 10 overs, 4 maidens taking 10 for 22 in a one-day match ...

It's kind of OK, because I got 3 ducks in a row getting caught behind playing defensive shots, so I guess it balances out somewhere?

the AI is able to play grounded shots that bounce of the pitch with the same shot animations.

Be aware that the shot animations don't necessarily reflect the underlying physics.

Last edited:

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Pretty much spot on after the last patch is the game now, for me. Just a few minor tweaks I have noticed :
The caption whilst always right on the scoreboard frequently says c and b on the main screen after a wicket.
The fielders walk slowly to the ball whilst the batsmen run singles (occasionally)
Fielders hang around on the boundary then flop forward to stop a boundary. It just looks a little weird.
The framerame on PS3 has become very choppy since the last patch.
The ai frequently plays back foot cuts to full balls which is unrealistic.
Don't know if anyone has mentioned these before.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Pretty much spot on after the last patch is the game now, for me. Just a few minor tweaks I have noticed :
The caption whilst always right on the scoreboard frequently says c and b on the main screen after a wicket.
The fielders walk slowly to the ball whilst the batsmen run singles (occasionally)
Fielders hang around on the boundary then flop forward to stop a boundary. It just looks a little weird.
The framerame on PS3 has become very choppy since the last patch.
The ai frequently plays back foot cuts to full balls which is unrealistic.
Don't know if anyone has mentioned these before.

Yes all been mentioned before. We are hoping once Xbox save issue is sorted BA will turn its attention to patch 3 and address these sort of things

CallyT

School Cricketer
The frame Rate for PS3 is definatley an issue post patch 2,

The cut, drives and pull shots going in the air also needs to be sorted,

If these are addressed will be pretty much perfect,

Users who are viewing this thread