Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Ross

I understand that you have priorities but i would definitely challenge your response and feel that this should at least be considered to be looked at down the line.

There is without a doubt frame rate issues that has come into play after patch 2. I immediatley noticed it and kept playing the game. Actually got use to it and tried to ignore it. Didn't play the game for about a week and was then again immediatley frustrated with it when i turned it back on.

Personally it has had an outcome on how i percieve and enjoy the gameplay.

Again, before i get slaughtered, i understand that there are bigger issues to sort, but the video posted shows lag issues, i have running on broadcast and then it even gets worse.

Bottom line is that there is an issue, the reasons must have something to do with the release of P2 and i do believe it needs at least a little bit of attention.

I for one really appreciate the changes in the second patch, i prefer them but it has come at a cost.

NOT the end of the world, but a cost.

Regards

B

Don't get me wrong, I want to fix all of the issues, I need to fix them in order of priority and in this case I need video of tearing/framerate issues that effect the gameplay. A ball that is clearly running for four and is tearing as the umpire signals it does not change the outcome.

If you have a wired 360 controller then you can use that with your PC, that's what I do. There are receivers for using wireless ones too but I don't know how much they cost.

i got one off amazon for less than a fiver, absolutely perfect.

Has anyone read my post ? :( I have raised a issue regarding bowled not given out while playing multi player.I am from India and I play with my friends in United States. I face this issue only with them. When I play with people in India I dont face it. Is it due to latency issues? I face this issue atleast 3 or 4 times per game. No one has faced this issue? I am facing it very badly. Any idea if this will be fixed in patch 3? When can we expect patch 3?

One more thing i face issue in multiplayer is when you play cover drive it doesnt go in air, i get control of the fielder only after the ball passes the cover point or extra cover. You can keep on playing cover drive, only chance of getting out is edge or bowled/lbw. The ball doesn't go in air, i tried bowling all type of delivery. Before patch2 it used to go on air, but now it doesn't.I tried auto and manual fielding, its same in both the case.

Last edited:
Regarding "bowled" not being out, I had it today, happens infrequently. It's a pain in the ass, but I really don't think it's happening as much as you say it is. I imagine they're on it and trying to fix it...

One of the ways around it is to just play the "Super Test" format and if you get bowled, declare. Works great if you're playing with someone you want to play with online again, or a friend, or MattW bowling a purple-haired midget spin bowler...

Declare will end full innings rite? Only works if i get this problem at last wicket. I get this at many intervals. What am i to do for that? :( I also dont get catch in silly mid off / mid off after patch 2. (against spinner). I used to get it before patch 2. You keep on playing cover drive its difficult to take wickets. Only edge or batsman gets bowled/lbw.

Just play Matt's "Supertest" mode online, it's really the only mode to play...

Just play Matt's "Supertest" mode online, it's really the only mode to play...

Screw playing it online I'm waiting for the next iteration: Matt's Test Challenge 15

Don't get me wrong, I want to fix all of the issues, I need to fix them in order of priority and in this case I need video of tearing/framerate issues that effect the gameplay. A ball that is clearly running for four and is tearing as the umpire signals it does not change the outcome.

See, that is the problem. And that also why i mentioned that i got use to it after a while. Technically the frame rate issues does not effect the core gameplay. You can still play, but it it does effect my enjoyment and from what i have read others as well.

Believe me, i wouldn't sit and waste your time with something that isn't worth mentioning. It is not a bit of stuttering, it gets pretty bad on occasions. I believe when the amount of fielders on the screen increases.

Again, i understand you have priorities and if it would be possible to look at easing the lag in the future it would be much appreciated. That is if you get a clearer vid of what the concerns are. I wish i could supply one but it is not currently possible.

Regards

B

How do i play that ? Where should i download that ?

You don't download it, you create it. Check the "Online" thread as Matt has posted all the match-settings to re-create it. Then dial up an online match... and blammo.

I've also played a few casual games against the AI using the Super Test™ format and it's really good fun, the AI seems to be able to "pace" themselves to a decent chase able score. Had a few tight matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, that is the problem. And that also why i mentioned that i got use to it after a while. Technically the frame rate issues does not effect the core gameplay. You can still play, but it it does effect my enjoyment and from what i have read others as well.

Believe me, i wouldn't sit and waste your time with something that isn't worth mentioning. It is not a bit of stuttering, it gets pretty bad on occasions. I believe when the amount of fielders on the screen increases.

Again, i understand you have priorities and if it would be possible to look at easing the lag in the future it would be much appreciated. That is if you get a clearer vid of what the concerns are. I wish i could supply one but it is not currently possible.

Regards

B

It's pretty easy to see the stutter and frame rate issues on PS3 TBH. Play a couple of matches using "Far Batsman" camera for batting and "Broadcast" camera for running, and you will see plenty of examples of stutter and reduced frame rate. Nearly every time the ball is cover driven and you run 2 or 3 has loads of stuttering. Sometimes you get occasional juddering and dropped frame/frame rate just as the fast bowler is about to deliver the ball and if that happens you pray the ball is not on stumps and you survive the delivery. This last item doesn't happen that regularly but when it does happen you do want to throw the controller against the wall and it does have an impact on gameplay.

Latest Beauty I had online on a shoddy 512Kb connection :
Ball dissapeared 2 , 3 times in a T10 match after bowler released it . Until the inevitable "bowled!" comes up.

Referrred a LBW shout against me , that I though Hit me outside the line of off stump.
On the review replay , bowler bowled a massive Front Foot No-Ball . Ah I`m saved !

Or so I thought . Review went on . Pitched outside off . Ok , no problem. Hitting outside me outside the line on the off side , Yay ! I`m not out.

Or not , Umpire stayed with his originial decision , and said stuff you batsmen !!

Weird .....

Why cant a spinner bowl a noball ? :( There must be a option for the bowler to release wrongly if he doesnt time well. Noball from a spinner must be included in the new patch i guess.

Why cant a spinner bowl a noball ? :( There must be a option for the bowler to release wrongly if he doesnt time well. Noball from a spinner must be included in the new patch i guess.
Why?

Seriously, what value does it add to the game if a spinner can bowl a no ball?

I don't think I've ever seen a front-foot no ball from a spinner in the whole time I've watched people play cricket, and I can only remember one back foot no-ball in all that time either.

Users who are viewing this thread