PlanetCricket Mafia II - Day 4 (Game Abandoned)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Framer could have made it interesting but I still maintain too many confirmable roles and masons in a 9 player game is crazy. As a town we basically didn't have to do anything but catch Yash out (in his second game) and then follow the cop.

QTs?

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Framer could have made it interesting but I still maintain too many confirmable roles and masons in a 9 player game is crazy. As a town we basically didn't have to do anything but catch Yash out (in his second game) and then follow the cop.

QTs?

Aye, the sedition investigation of me or PD was interesting regardless of whether the game was broken or not.

here is our qt PC Mafia II - Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Essentially I was happy to risk a no kill as if he we killed you and sedition investigated me we were toast anyway. The fake result on PD via framing is the only way we could win once you caught Yash I think.

----------

Also Sedition smells.

Last edited:

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Pretty disappointed if this has been abandoned. The roles seemed fine, no different to many other games imo. Sometimes the same setups can produce a variety of results, depending on the players and how night actions play out.

Anyway, thanks User and RPHKR for your work in running the game :thumbs

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well clearly we all knew Manly was the last mafia. User even told me that you were the cop and had got a innocent result on PD last night.

It's either a town win in a flawed game or game abandoned. Personally I prefer the latter as I don't feel we did much to win.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I figured we'd just finish it off even if it became simple in the end. I know my results could've gone wrong from reading the mafia QT, so luck plays a factor there.

On your side of things, the doc saves were pretty important in keeping our head above water. You being killed and a MYLO situation where my result could have potentially been bus driven.

Maybe on another day the mafia claims differently. They can probably think of a few better ones in hindsight and might try them another time.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
People don't understand, there are not supposed to be these many roles in a small game anyway. Defeats the need of analysis and judgement, and everyone starts to rely on the role results.

If there's a game of say 20 people, and we put in interesting roles, it's much more fun. Increases the unpredictability, and gives both fractions a good chance.
For all modders, have a look at the Harry Potter game by Spin. It was one of the best balanced games we've had here. Spin was so proactive in balancing the game, till the last death, nobody knew anything for certain.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
The doctor + jailkeeper thing was a little weird, keep forgetting about the JK since it wasn't confirmed and lost Varun early.

I don't agree that the mafia didn't have their chances though, and reading through the QT, Ste and Manly thought they were in with a pretty good shot even after the massclaim and losing Yash. All of the results just happened to go against them on this occasion and they couldn't be bothered trying to fight their way out of it and create some doubt in people's minds in the end.

A successful kill on Night 2, either on me or Colin or a guaranteed kill elsewhere would've changed the game. A false guilty on PD from the framer or the innocent on Manly from being GF were also potential turning points.

As far as gameplay, the fact that the 3 mafia were among the last 4 to claim didn't help. Manly and Ste claimed similar roles, essentially cc'ing each other, and a forgivable inexperienced claim from Yash who drew attention to himself too much.

So, possibly too many roles, but hardly a broken setup imo. A lot depended on the players and the same setup can produce a variety of results, from boring games to interesting ones.

Users who are viewing this thread