PlanetCricket Mafia II - Day 4 (Game Abandoned)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
"they couldn't be bothered trying to fight their way out of it and create some doubt in people's minds in the end."

A touch harsh. I was lynched off without having any oppurtunity to mount a defence. But it was irrelevant at that point anyway as your result was always going to be trusted.

It wasn't particularly unbalanced as such, it was just made so that the lucky results are what decided it. May as well just used an RNG of some sort to decide the winners

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I agree. Playing vanilla, and I mean really playing vanilla, not just nicking off because you've got a crappy role can be fun too.

I guess the idea behind role madness is to give everyone a role so they feel more important to the game, even if it's just a colourful vanilla. Does wear a bit thin though, and vanillas provide not only additional paranoia from having to rely just on what's posted, but a simple place for the mafia to hide if need be.

People just need to suck it up and play properly when they draw vanilla, rather than relying on results or just disappearing altogether.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
and I have no idea why I didn't just quote. Copy and pasting probably takes more time and effort.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
"they couldn't be bothered trying to fight their way out of it and create some doubt in people's minds in the end."

A touch harsh. I was lynched off without having any oppurtunity to mount a defence. But it was irrelevant at that point anyway as your result was always going to be trusted.

It wasn't particularly unbalanced as such, it was just made so that the lucky results are what decided it. May as well just used an RNG of some sort to decide the winners

Sorry, didn't mean for it to sound harsh. I thought one of you or Manly might actually be town and PD had switched the result, which is why I was toying around before I revealed. When I did finally reveal I was confident that my result on you was correct and Manly was your partner based on your reactions. We could afford a mislynch at that point, so I don't blame you if you felt it was a lost cause anyway. If it was MYLO, I would've been schizophrenic.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Yeh I know that it was me or PD and you definitely had a mafia result either way and were just trying to lure the third one out.

Problem was that it was 1am and I had labs pretty much the entire following day so knew I wouldn't be able to get on until possibly 6pm he next day, hence the impatience. The game had already dragged for quite a while, too. I'd have been equally as impatient if town I think, or at least close to it.

Don't think bus driver is a good role to include. It just messes things up and makes the results far too random. Plus have a roleblocker and a fixer is a bit weird, could easily cost yourself on night one by blocking your own successful fix.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Vanilla townie is the most fun-to-play role when you insist on analyzing gameplay rather than looking for results. A normal game should have at least 20-30% town members as vanilla or pseudo-vanilla (miller, hated townies etc) townies.

In recent games I've noticed that it has been very easy to confirm town people and isolate scum. Aditya and Zhuorb almost always manage it despite coming off as suspicious.

----------

Don't think bus driver is a good role to include. It just messes things up and makes the results far too random. Plus have a roleblocker and a fixer is a bit weird, could easily cost yourself on night one by blocking your own successful fix.

Agreed. There's no place for a BD in a 10-player game. At least 14.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am going to run a very basic yet very well balanced game soon. No one does anything before that, please!

Users who are viewing this thread