RUGBY Rugby Challenge 4

TomW777

Club Captain
Just found it in the NZ Playstation store - they have got to be taking the piss with pricing - 113 NZD for what from all accounts is just another re-skin of RC3. And it has less licences - seems to be missing the NZ Mitre 10 Cup (which one of my favourite bits of RC3) and the Australian NRC. Beginning to think I was a little hasty selling RC3....

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just found it in the NZ Playstation store - they have got to be taking the piss with pricing - 113 NZD for what from all accounts is just another re-skin of RC3. And it has less licences - seems to be missing the NZ Mitre 10 Cup (which one of my favourite bits of RC3) and the Australian NRC. Beginning to think I was a little hasty selling RC3....

Crazy, and early access games should be cheaper than released games. That's true on Steam. After all, you're essentially buying a beta version.

TomW777

Club Captain
Crazy, and early access games should be cheaper than released games. That's true on Steam. After all, you're essentially buying a beta version.
Yeah I think I will pass on it for the time being. I have watched a few streams on youtube - graphically it looks really grainy (tbh it looks worse than I remember RC3 - perhaps that is just the beta and it will improve who knows?) and the gameplay looks incredibly similar.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
£52 in microsoft UK store far too much for a niche game.Seen a stream on twitch.tv graphics don't look up to much

TomW777

Club Captain
£52 in microsoft UK store far too much for a niche game.Seen a stream on twitch.tv graphics don't look up to much
There is definitely a massive disjunct between the graphics in screen shots & trailers & what actually ended up in the game which is very poor. I'm not particularly surprised but it is pretty disappointing nonetheless. I am NZ rugby die hard who has been desperate a new rugby game & even I am baulking at that price for a poor beta. Can't imagine they are going sell to many games at that price.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I really dislike the way the AI always launches the bell back inside. There’s never any fluid moves down the line.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Why oh why does rugby always get shafted!

i have seen some bits that show small improvements.

AI passed it down the line then a lil grubbed inside with the centre running onto it to score.

I find it to be one of those games that looks better if the human playing it plays it properly if that makes sense.

the set plays are half decent and the back line organization seems better.

The AI need to slow down and stop chucking it inside and ignoring overlaps etc.

Side cam seems to play/look better than the behind the player cam.

I do think if they actually tweak stuff it could be a reasonable rugby game.

However I didn’t play 3 much. But I did play it. So I can see why if you smashed out 3, 4 will feel the same with minor tweaks.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bought it , played it a bit , it’s very very similar to RC3 , I like the Be a Pro mode , and Fan hub , Ref wearing same colour shirt as one of the teams , full back goes missing in attack and defence, lots of little things make it poor , but occasionally it’s good especially if you fiddle with sliders to get rid of hot potato offloads and multiple turnovers... same old gripes and £50 lighter in the pocket...

D

Dutch

Bought it , played it a bit , it’s very very similar to RC3 , I like the Be a Pro mode , and Fan hub , Ref wearing same colour shirt as one of the teams , full back goes missing in attack and defence, lots of little things make it poor , but occasionally it’s good especially if you fiddle with sliders to get rid of hot potato offloads and multiple turnovers... same old gripes and £50 lighter in the pocket...
Ultimately worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread