LEAGUE Finally a rugby league game on the ps3!

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rugby League Live has been announced for PS3 and XBOX 360 due for release 2nd September 2010.
I have been waiting for a rugby or rugby league game on the PS3 for years, this is great news for me, and I think a rugby game will be released around World Cup time next year.
Pricey's on the cover! :D

Rugby League Live

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Rugby League Live has been announced for PS3 and XBOX 360 due for release 2nd September 2010.
I have been waiting for a rugby or rugby league game on the PS3 for years, this is great news for me, and I think a rugby game will be released around World Cup time next year.
Pricey's on the cover! :D

Rugby League Live

I'm with you, DSB - I've been waiting too! Thrilled about this!! :yes

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Hopefully this game's great. Wouldn't mind getting it if it is half-decent. Interesting also that the developers of the game are Big Ant, who are suppose to be in the making of an AFL game.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rugby League games have always been putrid, hopefully it changes with its first try on the next generation consoles.

Stupid release time imo.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Stupid release time imo.
When would you have released it?
Rugby League 2 was fun at times but it was quite unrealistic with the tackle breaks etc. The online play was pretty good though.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Before the Rugby season.. Not at the end of it.

The rosters will be outdated by start of next season and interest will be low once seasons over this year.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Yeah I'd say the best time would be during pre-season, just before NZ won the world cup or during NRL Finals. But I'm just glad it's coming, and surely they'll update the rosters though as many players are moving around these days, with those Storm and everything...

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I know they're crap, and always will be until a big developer like EA makes them, but I hope that they're not as bad as cricket games! Rugby league 2 was actually decent graphics for a small NZ developer (I think). Rugby 2012 will probably be the same since EA has stopped making them.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I'm sure you've heard this a lot, and even said it, Mark: It's the gameplay that counts.

P

pcfan123

Yea for sure, but since I don't know much about the sport I look at those aspects. I love cricket, so I can forgive the shitty graphics.

Either way Im buying this, just so I can learn the rules to this damn sport

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
If it is anything like RL2 I won't be touching it. RL2 was just terrible, the way the players moved especially wasn't smooth, they moved like they were robots. The passing sucked, sometimes they would just pass it to nowhere and then you would get support play in patches and everything would be going smoothly, then they randomly didn't support you and you ended up having to pass the ball back 5 metres to a player standing still. Most people who have played it will understand what I mean. They should follow the style of the EA Rugby series, that sort of movement and feel.

By the look of those screenshots it will be a waste of money.

Biggy added 9 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Most of the talk is that it will be $110 new, I bet Mark plays it for about half an hour, then rages and takes it back. :laugh

-D-S-B-

International Coach
So Mark wants to learn Rugby League...
Getting a game like this probably isn't the best way, there's a good chance it will be a crap game, and make you think that Rugby League is a crap game :laugh Just like a non-cricket fan shouldn't buy IC2010 to learn the game. :p
Maybe you should support the New Have Warriors in the AMNRL. ;)

Who here has played RL3 on Wii, is that any good? Because this will probably be similar.

-D-S-B- added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

And yeah I agree with you Biggy, the RL2 game-play was so frustrating with the crap passing system.

P

pcfan123

Noob question

Is there a difference between Rugby and Rugby league? Are they different sports?

Users who are viewing this thread