LEAGUE Finally a rugby league game on the ps3!

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
if you love the sport you just gotta have it!
Or do I? This is pathetic from the developers, less than a month away and still no preview of what will be in the game. I can see this being a bigger let down than AC 09 :facepalm
I also heard it's worse than RL 3 on Wii and plays like a PS1 game
s5ebgp.gif

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Yeah good.
A new game-play trailer, not bad actually better than I expected. Do I sound excited? Probably not because I'm going to wast 100 bucks on this, and I never really play PS3.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Why can't I see the vid?
Anyway you can find it here YouTube - Rugby League Live Official Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Meh, doesn't look that good. will probably get it because its rugby league lol.

00:21 shits me. Same old shitty AI defence.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
They don't show any kicking or anything either. I guess if it was good they'd show it :(
As I said I kept my expectations low so it's actually better than I expected. As you said AI defence is just crap like usual, and what about in the vid how the guy scores a run away try and his whole team is following him in a line with no defenders in sight. Unrealistic there.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As I said I kept my expectations low so it's actually better than I expected. As you said AI defence is just crap like usual, and what about in the vid how the guy scores a run away try and his whole team is following him in a line with no defenders in sight. Unrealistic there.

I remember how that used to happen in rugby 04 to me :laugh

Can't remember if it happen in 07 which is the only other one I had.

Rugby games are never made well, and league ones would probably be worse

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
That video makes me very sad. Its basically Rugby League 2, but ported over to the next-gen consoles.

The graphics were bad in the PS2/Xbox days, and they've not improved them a whole lot. The AI looks very, very similar, which worries me as it didn't play anything like you'd want a RL game to play.

I'm saying all this, and then realise, we're in the same boat with damn Cricket games.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
And they've dropped Franchise mode :facepalm
I don't know if I'll get this as the main feature will be online play and I've never really gotten into a game for it's online play.
Yeah same boat as Cricket games for sure, the good thing is Big Ant are signed on to make this game for 5 years so we should see an improved version next year.

P

pcfan123

Ok wow that looks like ████, no way am I paying money for that

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Such is the state of League games that if this came on PC, I probably would get it. Shame about the franchise mode going as that was pretty good although no where near as fun as EA Rugby one.

I found the Rugby games to be alright, the World League mode definitely saved it for me.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Yeah World League was awesome! Hopefully that sticks around for next years union game. So will anyone here be getting this game? I'm still undecided. I want to but 100 or so dollars for a work in progress game is quite a bit...

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Wow, I saw it for $110 on 360..are they serious? I wouldn't even pay half that.

It's improved from the PS2 version, but the actions are terrible..the game just does not flow nicely.:facepalm lol @ 0:44 of that vid..the whole team running in for the try in a line..wtf.

Only thing I like is the big hits..which by the looks of things is what they are trying to sell the game on.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
lol @ 0:44 of that vid..the whole team running in for the try in a line..wtf.
Yeah it's so unrealistic. Show me a try where the whole attacking team is running in a perfect line with no defender in sight :facepalm
I'll probably get it because I'm selling some other games I don't play. If I don't like it I'll just put it on trademe for $50 and get something decent.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Releasing it here at 12pm Tomorrow apparently. Although the stores are advertising it for Friday. Apparently they have done a bloody decent job and league fans will appreciate a solid 8/10 game.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Is there any reviews for this yet? More than likely not getting this game, well at least not whilst it's $100. Probably will only get it if the reviews are great.

Users who are viewing this thread