LEAGUE Finally a rugby league game on the ps3!

D

Dutch

Noob question

Is there a difference between Rugby and Rugby league? Are they different sports?

Very very different! Amount of players for one thing plus there is a limit of five tackles in rugby league before the ball turns over to name but two differences. Both have their charms though I find rugby union more enjoyable to watch. League can be very very brutal and a tad one dimensional for my liking.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is immense news! Been waiting for this since RL2 :D

Graphics are awful however.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Anyone who refers to Rugby League as "Rugby" knows little about the game or the actual game to that which they refer.

P

pcfan123

If you are referring to me then I admit my ignorance. I know nothing of the sport

-D-S-B-

International Coach
This isn't the sport that your brother plays Mark :p

As Dutch said they're very different but have the same objective, get the ball over the try line by passing (backwards) or in Ruby League kicking on your last tackle.

I prefer Rugby, but if I was to choose between a Warriors game or an Otago game I wouldn't think twice.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Haha, I read this on another site:
I wonder if somebody beats you online using the Melbourne Storm if they get the officially get cretided the win...lol
It just wouldn't be fair if they got the win :p

P

pcfan123

Just asked my bro and he said they play Union at Collegiate level in the USA. At least at the NCAA level (highest level)

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Maybe you should watch a few World Cup games next year, NZ are hosting it and we're favourites to win although we haven't won since the inaugural world cup in 1987. We've probably been the favourites for most of the world cup's though :facepalm

P

pcfan123

I will, watched some of the one where South Africa won, they broadcast most of the games here

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Well in that case, you saw us get robbed by that prick Wayne Barnes? No I'm not going to get started on him, that s**t can stay in the past .

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Yea for sure, but since I don't know much about the sport I look at those aspects. I love cricket, so I can forgive the shitty graphics.

Either way Im buying this, just so I can learn the rules to this damn sport

You should get Rugby 2012 or Australian Rules Football on PS3, and learn those too :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Mark if you want I can pm you a site where you can download some rugby league matches. I can link you to St George 30-0 Parra or St George 34-10 Tigers ;)

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Just realised that this game is now available for pre-order!
Might have to do that next week. The Graphics will be poor, no doubt about it. But it's just like cricket games, if you love the sport you just gotta have it!

Users who are viewing this thread