South Africa tour of Australia (November 2016)

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
This week Cricket Australia released it's Schedule for next summer

03–07 November First Test WACA Ground, Perth

12–16 November Second Test Blundstone Arena, Hobart

24–28 November Third Test Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Cricket Australia are still in talks with their South African counterparts for the Adelaide test to be a pink ball day/night test. Though South Africa are aprihensive about it

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looking forward to this. Will be interesting to see what Sa does for the first test. 4 seamers or a spinner.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm also excited to see Rilee and Cook. Maharaj will take the test spinner spot IMO...

stefan

International Coach
I'm also excited to see Rilee and Cook. Maharaj will take the test spinner spot IMO...

Don't think rillee will play. Think team will be:

1.Elgar
2.Cook
3.Amla
4.Faf
5.Bavuma
6.QDK
7.JP
8.Philander
9.KG
10.Steyn
11.Maharaj/Morkel

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In any case, I would personally want a spinner no matter the conditions. A spinner can be useful at the WACA considering the bounce availablet. For one instance, Nathan Lyon is useful on pitches that provide bounce.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Don't think rillee will play. Think team will be:

1.Elgar
2.Cook
3.Amla
4.Faf
5.Bavuma
6.QDK
7.JP
8.Philander
9.KG
10.Steyn
11.Maharaj/Morkel

I think Rilee will come in if JP struggles. He's done well in the ODIs but he's done nothing in Tests to warrant a place. Hopefully Maharaj plays but personally I'd play Morkel over Philander as I think his bounce will be important and I don't rate Philander...

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Africa in Trouble BABAY!!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Surprised that South Africa decided to give debut to a finger spinner on this pitch. Yes Morne Morkel hasn't played that much of international cricket of late but I would still have him on this surface over Maharaj. QDK is an absolute beast however and he has started to show that now at the test level as well which is always good to watch. It was frustrating to watch Steyn bowl short in his spell. He has so much experiance but still got carried away with the bounce of the surface. Hoping for a fight back from South Africa tonight to make this match even more interesting.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Surprised that South Africa decided to give debut to a finger spinner on this pitch. Yes Morne Morkel hasn't played that much of international cricket of late but I would still have him on this surface over Maharaj.
I think it was quite a difficult selection naturally. But I feel that you always need a spinner due to the spinner get some extra bounce from this WACA pitch, and I think Morne Morkel would have come in if it weren't for the 4 blacks per SA side rule. Nathan Lyon is useful on wickets that provide bounce.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Wow, Warner is great to watch. He has a great record in Perth but I wanna see a good match here. The key for SA is to get Wraner early. Steyn made a msitake bowling short to Warner.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Steyn Injured :(

Khawaja and Smith fall for 4 & 0 respectively after Warner 97 ! Africa are back in the game!! Marsh Gone Too

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There's a lot of debate going on about the Steve Smith dismissal with people saying Aleem Dar shoudn't have given that out. But then what would have happened if he hadn't and SA decided to review it? I think the correct decision was made there.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This is how you captain a team. I was hoping if they could get Marsh here they will be right back into this game and they did exactly that. Some amazing bowling by all the fast bowlers after an ordinary first hour. Faf was spot on with the fielding after they got Warner. I am still confused why Faf is not a regular captain of South Africa. AB is a brilliant batsman but he is a very poor captain and would love to see Faf take over from him which can also free up AB and can allow him to focus solely on batting with QDK showing he is good enough at the test level.[DOUBLEPOST=1478234223][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's a lot of debate going on about the Steve Smith dismissal with people saying Aleem Dar shoudn't have given that out. But then what would have happened if he hadn't and SA decided to review it? I think the correct decision was made there.

I guess because we are not used to watching umpires giving batsmen out when they are almost halfway down the pitch in recent times.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I guess because we are not used to watching umpires giving batsmen out when they are almost halfway down the pitch in recent times

True, I'm not denying that. It was a rare decision, but a correct one.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Any idea how bad is Steyn's injury ? I am really bummed to see him off the field due to injury.

Users who are viewing this thread