Steam update for DBC17 released

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought the field placement bug had been rectified? I mean the fields changing every time the strike changes from one batsman to the other (when I'm bowling).
It's driving me mad... I set a field, press blue x to apply to all, yet still the field changes on rotation of strike to some ridiculous field settings with 2 or 3 fielders almost treading on each others toes.
I then have to go through all the rigmarole of setting the files again, and when the AI batsmen are continually rotating strike this is infuriating.
Am I doing something wrong?

gunit123

County Cricketer
Guys, forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought the field placement bug had been rectified? I mean the fields changing every time the strike changes from one batsman to the other (when I'm bowling).
It's driving me mad... I set a field, press blue x to apply to all, yet still the field changes on rotation of strike to some ridiculous field settings with 2 or 3 fielders almost treading on each others toes.
I then have to go through all the rigmarole of setting the files again, and when the AI batsmen are continually rotating strike this is infuriating.
Am I doing something wrong?

The same issue is happening to a lot of people.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
First game on the new patch (veteran, hard batting/hard bowling)
1st Test of the 2006/07 Ashes series at the Gabba on a soft, crumbly deck. The overcast conditions are proving deadly as miss hits and edges have caused the collapse of England on day 1. McGrath has just been attacking the 4th stump line whilst Lee used more variation. Warne came into the attack late but has started cleaning up the tail. All the catches are caught by the keeper except the first which swung late and took the outside edge to second slip. Surely England can't recover from here?

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
UPDATE: England bowled out for 87, 3 overs after lunch on day 1, AI played some good shots, but struggled immensely with the late swing and sharp turn.
McGrath: 12 overs, 2 Maidens, 2-26
Lee: 10 overs, 1 Maiden, 2-27
Warne: 6.5 overs, 1 Maiden, 4-18
S.Clark: 5 overs, 1 Maiden, 2-16
image.jpeg

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It might sound stupid but how exactly do you select AI difficulty in Competitions?

I couldn't even find a Difficulty settings in the Settings Menu.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
It might sound stupid but how exactly do you select AI difficulty in Competitions?

I couldn't even find a Difficulty settings in the Settings Menu.
It takes the "global" AI difficulty settings for comps... you set this in the main menu's settings before starting anything...

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It takes the "global" AI difficulty settings for comps... you set this in the main menu's settings before starting anything...

That is comprehensible but I cannot even find the global setting. Could you please take a screenshot of the menu where the setting is present. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
That comprehensible but I cannot even find the global setting. Could you please take a screenshot of the menu where the setting is present. Thanks.
My word you are correct, its now missing! odd I am sure it was there....let me check this out :)

prasoonvidhu

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yes. But only when playing Casual Matches.
While playing the game, in the settings you can set the difficulty level. This used to be outside in the global setting prior to the patch

Users who are viewing this thread