Steam update for DBC17 released

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had it happen when I first got the PC (January this year). Tech people from where I bought suggested I try other games, they all worked with no issue. Then I had about two months where it didn't happen with DBC and it just started again this past week. I'm gonna try another game if I have time today. It doesn't seem anyone else is having similar issues so I don't want to blame the game but also my PC can run Doom or GTA V with no problem, it's where DBC and my PC meet that there seems to be an issue.
@wasteyouryouth what are the specs on your machine? Although I haven't had any PC crashes (or not enough that I can recall any), with DBC17, I've noticed that 10-15 minutes after starting to play the game, my PC fans start thrashing. CPU, GPU (1070), and case fans all go to max RPM and it gets realy noisy as a result. No other game does this. I don't know if this is related to the problem that you're having but it's happening at a similar time. Might be worth seeing if there is an issue with heat.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been hunting for a bowled on a spinner for a while now so this felt pretty good:

@Spoobir Awesome dismissal

Typical left arm spinner's delivery....Batsman trying to push against the spin & missing it completely..

& loved those huge cracks on the pitch right below the batsman...A Spinner's delight

You make some really superb replay videos...:clap

(on a lighter note) Team BA should consider having you into their auto replays & highlights package implementation part... ;)

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@wasteyouryouth what are the specs on your machine? Although I haven't had any PC crashes (or not enough that I can recall any), with DBC17, I've noticed that 10-15 minutes after starting to play the game, my PC fans start thrashing. CPU, GPU (1070), and case fans all go to max RPM and it gets realy noisy as a result. No other game does this. I don't know if this is related to the problem that you're having but it's happening at a similar time. Might be worth seeing if there is an issue with heat.
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-7600K Quad Core (3.80GHz @ up to 4.8GHz)
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070
240GB KINGSTON UV400 2.5" SSD

I've run a load of tests, I can only think it must be overheating, my fans get noisy too.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4

I've run a load of tests, I can only think it must be overheating, my fans get noisy too.
It is a bit worrying because if DBC is causing a heat issue I would think it is a bit difficult to fix. As a hypothesis (and I really haven't run any tests on this), it could be that code is causng the CPU to overheat because of a lack of optiimisation. My CPU is a lot older than yours (i7-4770K) but I made sure the the CPU cooling and case were pretty good when i built it. I was a bit worried that the CPU would struggle with DBC17 but it has held up well...whether this would have been the situation if the cooling had not been as good, I really can't say.

Anyone else got a view on PC configs and stability (and fan noise)?

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@mikeymerren Online Fix. Unable to send invites of saved games to the opponent player. Please look into this in the next patch. Many players stopped playing online because of this.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4

So what can be problem of Overheating , I sit in AC while playing the game to avoid overheating.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@mikeymerren Online Fix. Unable to send invites of saved games to the opponent player. Please look into this in the next patch. Many players stopped playing online because of this.
We're aware of this issue and are awaiting a response from Valve. Based on the nature of the problem, there's a strong likelihood it will just start working again without any new update, but we will continue to look at all our options for making it work.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4

Thinking about it have you tried not overclocking the CPU? Overclocking is a great way of building up heat...and I'm never sure that the performance improvement is noticable in most scenarios.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
We're aware of this issue and are awaiting a response from Valve. Based on the nature of the problem, there's a strong likelihood it will just start working again without any new update, but we will continue to look at all our options for making it work.

Thanks a lot for the quick response :)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Would this be the same on the Console`s , or are they not affected by it ?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Thinking about it have you tried not overclocking the CPU? Overclocking is a great way of building up heat...and I'm never sure that the performance improvement is noticable in most scenarios.
It came overclocked and I don't personally want to play around with BIOS. I'm going to try and contact the company that sold it for their support/advice. It's quite possible that the voltages need altering. I'll update after.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I actually did notice some performance issues when I upgraded from a 970 to a 1070.

Strange that a few 1070 users are having the issue.
Yes, I did buy the 1070 mainly in anticipation of DBC17. It is difficult to determine where the problem lies but DBC17 certainly stresses my system (if fan speed is an indicator of stressing) more than anything else I run. I don't know whether it isn't optimised for the GT1070 or whether it is maxing out the CPU...or both. It would be interesting to know what PC specs BA are using for development and test. The trouble with the PC platform, I would imagine, for a developer is that there are so many different potential configurations that it must be close to impossible to do comprehensive performance testing. That said, if I could understand the cause of the problem, I might be able to do something about it. I might try to do some performance monitoring of my PC when playing and see if I can see whether that points to anything. I know the fans are at max RPM...but I haven't monitored heat build up.

Has anyone got a GTX1070 PC that is performing well (and quietly)?

Thinking about it, this is probably not the right thread for the discussion...but interested in what others are experiencing.

Users who are viewing this thread