Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I wish that in a career mode your player got better slowly and not just straight into the national team. For example, if in a match you had sucess bowling an out swinger you should get better at it.

Also you should have training where you can increase your stats if you do well. Just a thought!

no_remorse28

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i would like to see the abillity to negotiate your own contracts no matter wich team you played for, and demand trades from 1 state or county to another

G

Gilchrist

how about player contracts you know? sign new players, that would make the game great

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Well, seems there is an overwhelming amount of requests for contracts and more managerial aspects to be added, so i will be looking into this seriously for the 'career mode'.

legend_master

oh yeah, forgot to mention, beamers already work ;) as high or low as you'd like - the bowling system ws designed to allow for all possibilities

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
i think simple things are key. irritating stuff like,
for example in BLIC the PC in ODIs has the same 'formula' for rotating its bowlers. in fact the same bowlers bowl in the same order. hopefully you can introduce some element of strategy in this.

also an element i thought would be interesting to have was pressure building on the pc batsmen if they are not able to score. maybe if they have a succession of dot balls and the scoring rate is rising, they try to scamper a suicidal single, or go for a big hit.

are you going to have a confidence meter that tangibly affects the game?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
My Suggestions :-

if there is a career mode, then we can make the cricket accessories available for sale. so a newbie wont have the money to buy high quality bats and stuff. but can buy high quality stuff once he gets popular and has quite a few sponsors / money. ;)

we can have a option of choosing different overlays. for e.g if we are touring england, then we can choose sky sports whereas if we are touring australia, we can choose Channel Nine :)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
what about the award ceramony?? That would be awesome!! Also, MORE STADIUMS! c2k5 only has 1 stadium for those in the subcontinent! Commentry that flows well is also something that EA doesn't have in its cricket game. If you look at NBA Live 06, which EA made, they have commentry that sounds extremly realistic. Can we do anything like that? injuries, beamers, ball physics and all that crap too :D

BOWLING ACTIONS! I say the top 15 bowlers should all have their own bowling action.

cc2003btw

Club Cricketer
^ Agreed about bowling actions, it's annoying on cricket 2005 when all the off spinners and all the leggies have the same action. Especially ones like murali and kaneria.

Propmanoz

Club Cricketer
And perhaps some realistic, and many varied, celebrations, so that bowlers dont always seem to be celebrating by rapping down in the 'hood, so to speak.

no_remorse28

Club Cricketer
i would like to see the abillity to play a decent pull shot, ea cricket 05 implemented the pull shot terribly in my opinion considering it is one of the more exciting and most proficient run scoring shots.

legend_master

@no_remorse, i completely agree, which is why my pull shot is going to be the best d@mn pull shot around ;)

but seriously, i want my animations to be top-notch, so expect real quality, particularly on the 'exciting' shots such as pull, cut, hook, sweep etc.

LM

srk121

International Coach
one of the cut scene that i would like to see is when batsman hit a shot for 4 or 6 they punch their hands. that will be cool.

more serious notes: i would like to see in between stats coming up while match is going on..

bowling i do not want to see the swing like in BLIC bcz that is just fake imho. i think u can find more convinient way to swing the bowl.

FreddieFan

International Coach
An idea I just though up. I appreciate ot would be very difficult to implement, but then again making a whole game isn't exactly falling off a log.

What I'd like to see is partially mouse driven batting. You could use the mouse to select the direction of the shot (allowing you to pick gaps between two cover fielders, for example, something that is pure lottery in any cricket game I've played. The arrow keys could be used to determine footwork, and then the right mouse button could be front foot shot, right button back foot shot and middle mouse button as a down the wicket shot.

You could also hold down the mouse button to determine the power of the shot, allowing you to push it into the gaps for an easy single. In modern cricket games, I find there is very much a "four or nothing" system, which is unrealistic and boring.

Just my two cents :D

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Guys couldyou please include something like umpire mode where you get to umpire the matches and can have different views wheter your at square leg or wateva and can refer to the 3rd umpire?

Users who are viewing this thread