Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
legend_master said:
every fielder will try their best to take great catches and make good dives etc. based on their stats.

stumps have several different animations so while not being represented in true physics, they will have some variety depending on where the stumps are hit.

thanks, mate, welcome to the club ;)

i want the test match day times to be as realistic as possible. I find it a joke in some games (not to mention any names ahem) where you can finish a test in 1 or 2 days because the scoring rate is too quick or for whatever other reason. One of the great things about test matches is taking the days into account, which has a major impact on the result. So yes, i want to spend enough time on this aspect in play testing to make sure time moves along realistically. Obviously though it wont be in actual real time.

the faces issue depends on the licensing situation which depends on whether the game is free or commercial - all undecided yet

There is no release date yet, though you should be able to get an idea of where its up to by checking the latest blog updates and videos etc

LM

Sounds fantastic! You really are making a fantastic and it looks like it is shaping up magnificently. reps for you!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i have some other suggestions. maybe you already have thought about it. i would love to see the following things:)

-- scoreboard(batting/balling) will pop up between overs)
-- same with runrate graph, partnership graph, spider for particular batsman, run in each ball in a particular over and the other things. u get the idea:)
-- while playing some tournament maybe the point table/group standing of the group will pop up or maybe who are playing the next match(not very necessary:))

thnx in advance.:D

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
isrararrafi said:
i have some other suggestions. maybe you already have thought about it. i would love to see the following things:)

-- scoreboard(batting/balling) will pop up between overs)
-- same with runrate graph, partnership graph, spider for particular batsman, run in each ball in a particular over and the other things. u get the idea:)
-- while playing some tournament maybe the point table/group standing of the group will pop up or maybe who are playing the next match(not very necessary:))

thnx in advance.:D

absolutely, stats are integral to cricket so i will be having different stats popping up all the time, do not fear ;)

Fender

School Cricketer
This would have been asked before, but on EA when the weather is set it stays the same through out the entire 5 Days. On TAOC will the weather be different everyday?

legend_master

Fender said:
This would have been asked before, but on EA when the weather is set it stays the same through out the entire 5 Days. On TAOC will the weather be different everyday?

yes, variable weather is in for sure. Rain may come on the 3rd day for example and could even rain out a whole days play. Likewise the sky will change and lighting should reflect this i.e. get darker or lighter....weather will also be based on typical weather patterns for the particular nation/region where the game is being payed e.g. England more likely to have rain

WhiteHand

School Cricketer
Hey guys,
Recently discovered TAOC, and I'm quite impressed.
Now, a suggestion to do with stats. Maybe you guys could get onto the people from cricinfo? See if you could possibly work out something to do with auto-updating stats? I know this probably isn't possible, but I thought I might ask anyway.

legend_master

WhiteHand said:
Hey guys,
Recently discovered TAOC, and I'm quite impressed.
Now, a suggestion to do with stats. Maybe you guys could get onto the people from cricinfo? See if you could possibly work out something to do with auto-updating stats? I know this probably isn't possible, but I thought I might ask anyway.

cool, welcome.

good idea, id have to get permission from cricinfo of course...worth a shot tho for sure...

Fender

School Cricketer
Not sure if your aware of the game Cricsim, it is used to sim the the Cricsim league here on planetcricket. Long story short, it is a DOS program. Now somebody on a forum that I think I remember (I will have to check it out first) made the program more like a Windows program but he also put in an function that when you put in somebody's name ie. Adam Gilchrist and press search cricsim and it would update their stats. Just thought I would let you know becuase I thought that was pretty cool. Not sure if it will help or not...

ziad123_2005

Club Cricketer
legend_master said:
cool, welcome.

good idea, id have to get permission from cricinfo of course...worth a shot tho for sure...

i know a person pretty well from cricinfo, his name is Jenny Thompson

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
legend_master said:
cool, welcome.

i would look at a less commercial site than cricinfo. probably a lesser known stats database such as cricketarchive.com (i actually prefer these guys to cricinfo).

Brett_Lee

International Coach
legend_master said:
cool, welcome.

yeah i like that idea it would be cool. You can do ingame stats and stats in real life :D

WhiteHand

School Cricketer
ofcourse, some sort of file would be kept locally, which would contain the stats that the player had gained ingame, and these would be added onto the real life scores.

f1dan

School Cricketer
I dont know if this has been suggested before but would it be possible to add a feature where an associate country like Kenya or Ireland could work their way up to getting test status?

Fender

School Cricketer
After smashing myslef today I thought of this. On the very odd occasion could two fielders collide while tring to field the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread