Superhero Mafia - Ste, CG and Yash WIN

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh, just saw suren's claim. Would like him to expand on that though, don't really understand his role apart from his soft of a dv.

To be honest, most of the claims are reasonably solid. Yash's claim is the weakest character wise.

To me, I think ste is clear. Honestly no reason to think otherwise. If he was mafia, there's nothing to explain why there was no mafia kill last night, since roleblocker was on me and it's obvious Superman is going to be in the game as town, and doc was on ste, so it couldn't have been a doc save, so really I think ste is clear unless mafia decided to no kill which I doubt considering it seemed to be mafia autowin last night, assuming two mafia.

"Wolverine is a mutant who possesses animal-keen senses, enhanced physical capabilities, and a healing factor that allows him to recover from virtually any wound, disease, or toxin at an accelerated rate. The healing factor also slows down his aging process, enabling him to live beyond a normal human lifespan"

Okay, decided to just do a quick research. And I would say that he was most likely doc, or at least a healer. And a doc + healer in this setup as well (with self protect ability) + a commuter seems so town overpowered.

So my main FOS is on Manly

----------

Superman to fly.

I was a JOAT with 3 abilities, fly (no idea what that did), super strength (roleblock) and bulletproof (not exactly sure but seems pretty straight forward, plus I was roleblocked anyway when I used it).

Ste's confirmation on his role puts Manly to somewhat reasonable shape.

I'm just going to say, how does that make him look in reasonable shape. If Manly was mafia and killed ste, he would know that ste was commuter when he got back that he couldn't find him.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You realise Abhas died last night?

----------

But yes, the only real question is how Callum was roleblocked n1, unless MaD messed up.

Is there any mention in your role though about a success rate or anything?

----------

And wait, who did Manly protect night 0?

Abhas was killed, yes but why are you so sure that Callum killed him?
And is he so dumb that he'd claim the most important role of a townie plus give the mafia a clear target?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman

Got any other explanations? And please don't say Callum was his mafia partner and got so fed up with Abhas and killed him.

And he didn't claim until I asked him to. He was pretty reluctant to claim.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Got any other explanations? And please don't say Callum was his mafia partner and got so fed up with Abhas and killed him.

And he didn't claim until I asked him to. He was pretty reluctant to claim.

I see you backing him up again.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hedger, I have big mouth to watch, jump & put additional spin of a web that I choose in day - means, jack had only 4 votes for kill where 5 was required. I used that extra web spin on him to finish him off. As I choose this in day, I had that backfire effect of my power impacting a townie if my action goes wrong. Last lines of jacks kill will make you clear. Don't know what big mouth means but I assumed that I should keep talking & talking so that I can get cleared from town to go for additional web spin.

----------

I'm just going to say, how does that make him look in reasonable shape. If Manly was mafia and killed ste, he would know that ste was commuter when he got back that he couldn't find him.

That is a great point actually. Since his first lynch was on Ste during first day, this might make more sense in intentions of taking on Ste?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I was unsuccessful role blocking you on Night 1, probably 'coz Hedger blocked me or something. I doubt your claim.

You're clutching at straws here because I think you know you're in the weakest position.

Um, so who else killed him? Lol

And is he so dumb that he'd claim the most important role of a townie plus give the mafia a clear target?

I didn't really want to claim today but everyone else had so I wasn't left with much choice.

I assume this is the part of night 1 where I got role blocked from killing Jack, although because you were role blocking me and Hedger was role blocking you it comes across as a total mess, notice the three people:

What the hell is he doing here!

Hahahahaha... what is that!??!? Come here big boy!

He's gonna get crushed if he gets closer! OI! Get back here! Oh man...

Duuuude! I would not go near that.

Ah! A friend! Well I accept the challenge!

Well I came here to do the same but seriously, I'd like to live to see another day.

Watch and learn young one... Hahaha I've got you now- What the heck! Let go of me you!

What are you doing here!

Mind your own business! Where's he?

Who?

You know... him?

What! What did you do to him!

Put me down and perhaps we can have a little chat.

Oh no you don't, you're staying with me for tonight.

----------

Definitely an interesting explanation re Manly, he was kind of standing up for Yash earlier today as well.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
You're clutching at straws here because I think you know you're in the weakest position.

Weakest position? Really?
They felt my claim was solid/strong now they don't(they know better), changing equations everywhere. As usual it's both you and Hedger manipulating others.

----------

You seem to be changing your target every now and then. First it was me then Manly then Ste, Surender and so on. I'm still your main target since the start for some reasons.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman

Because a Spiderman claim is solid, I'm pretty much clear, Callum's vig claim is also reasonably solid since there are no other explanations for why Abhas died. Ste is pretty much clear and Manly's claim is more solid than yours so that puts you in the weakest position.

And Callum, I tried rereading that but it's a complete mess. I think I'm the black writing but I have no idea on what any of it means "Put me down" just makes me think Superman picked him up and Yash asked me to put him down. So purple writing is Yash. Blue, could be Callum, could just be there to confuse everyone.

But what do people think on Wolverine being a more likely doc than Iron Man?

----------

I don't really follow any Superhero stuff beyond the main ones so don't know much about Iron Man and whether a doctor role fits in with his character.

Manly

Thor
Well my role says superhero, but I didn't know if everyone had that so inferred from the description that I'm the doctor.

I protected myself because when I sent it in initially, MaD's reply said that I had time to change my mind if I wished. I didn't know if that meant I was in trouble, but I now know it was because someone (Simon?) hinted he had been poisoned. I dropped the ball in that regard (as I think I've said myself). I wouldn't say I've been particularly defensive, or conversely hot on anyone, I've pretty much hedged my bets throughout. I'm happy to stick my neck out for the time being and clear Ste given what I know so far.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
There have been three nights, who did you protect on the other one?

----------

They felt my claim was solid/strong now they don't(they know better), changing equations everywhere. As usual it's both you and Hedger manipulating others.

"manipulating others", can you give an example? The whole point of playing is to post your thoughts and get others opinions, whether that comes across to you as "manipulating others" I don't really care because I just post it how I see it.

You seem to be changing your target every now and then. First it was me then Manly then Ste, Surender and so on. I'm still your main target since the start for some reasons.

"for some reasons", how many reasons do you want me to give?

1. Your play at the start of the game. You were very reluctant to give opinions on anyone which means that you could've been trying to not make any enemies

2. Your lynch on Jack was conveniently placed 10 hours after Abhas', and I assume he was calling the shots for the mafia so he could've given the all clear to go ahead and lynch, not to mention Jack put three FOS' on you.

3. Your lynching of me was strange and I get the feeling that it was just because I lynched you despite previously posted that you didn't play like that.

4. Your character claim is the weakest. I know he had a movie made about him recently, but I didn't see it and hence off the top of my head I have no idea who the Green Lantern is and what he does.

5. Role blockers are more commonly mafia aligned than town aligned, and the mafia would normally be looking to role block more experienced players like me and Hedger who you role blocked.

I'm happy to put my head on the line and say that Yash is mafia. Manly's the only other one who I'm considering this late in the day, but a potential docter is more useful to us than a potential role blocker. The other option is what I said before that the mafia recruited someone who was town, and the way it was written means that that could've been any character, meaning that anyone could be mafia.

----------

Yeah, I would've thought that Iron Man being the doctor is a bit strange.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
5. Role blockers are more commonly mafia aligned than town aligned, and the mafia would normally be looking to role block more experienced players like me and Hedger who you role blocked.

And Abhas night 0 (although Abhas was mafia) Just going to bring up maybe a possibility that he's a roleblocker with a one time poison. That way he could claim he roleblocked a mafia night 0 since Abhas can't confirm that now and the fact that he roleblocked a 'mafia' doesn't make him look completely scummy.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Some weak points/side of Yash :

1) His super hero role doesn't suit his ability. Probably some kind of using ring powers is what I would have expected from a green lantern.
2) Very clearly, the pattern of Yash to block - Abhas(night 0), CG( night 1), Hedger( night 2). These 3 people really looked sounding as town on these days questioning each and everyone, & Abhas looked like town most of the times with those initial pressure tactics.

Point 2 goes with CG's interpretation,

the mafia would normally be looking to role block more experienced players like me and Hedger who you role blocked.

Some weak points/side of Manly :

1) Biggest weak point is, getting words from Manly to assist the town.

a) He is yet to answer Hedger's question of whom he protected night 0?
b) He is yet to answer my question that I asked twice before Ste's claim - on what basis he chose to protect Ste though he didn't sound townie. Actually not answering this question despite being asked twice, makes me to relate this behavior with Hedger's interpretation of Manly trying to kill Ste but he found him as 'commute' and CG's interpretation of Mafia recruit being Manly?

2) Self protection claim. It was the night where 2 townies got killed, so not sure whether Manly is playing safe game of protection claim of himself where he could have genuinely protected a Mafia but making up now with safest claim of self? Just my thinking & trying to calculate though.

3) Just puting myself in Manly shoes - I would have gone to protect a person who has sounded solid like a town rather than a person who claimed as 'nothing to offer'. Doctor's role to protect town is not really justified, because to lynch a person on Day 1 & to protect a person on Day 2 have 100% contradictions on whatsoever the role is.

Talking about Manly's first lynch to Ste, I have a question for Ste to get some information :

Lynch ste

Ste, you did mention about being a berserker on person to lynch you & Manly also conveyed clearly in his first claim of not to lynch Ste will do good. Since Manly lynched you during first day, I would like to get info on how you managed to use this role on Manly for lynching you?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Role blockers are more commonly mafia aligned than town aligned, and the mafia would normally be looking to role block more experienced players like me and Hedger who you role blocked.
I agree on that, I did try to role block the experienced ones thinking they must be having some crucial anti-town role. Why would MaD give the role of a mafia to a inexperienced one. And I sure was right seeing Abhas given a mafia role.

----------

2. Your lynch on Jack was conveniently placed 10 hours after Abhas', and I assume he was calling the shots for the mafia so he could've given the all clear to go ahead and lynch, not to mention Jack put three FOS' on you.
I gave him all the time to character claim, give some input and so on. He lynched me off so damn early, I still didn't lynch him back at the early stage.

----------

4. Your character claim is the weakest. I know he had a movie made about him recently, but I didn't see it and hence off the top of my head I have no idea who the Green Lantern is and what he does.
This is senseless. Dude, even I haven't watched any of his movie. If I was faking my character claim I'd have gone with some common superhero like Superman and stuff.

----------

1) His super hero role doesn't suit his ability. Probably some kind of using ring powers is what I would have expected from a green lantern.
Blame MaD for this.

----------

2) Very clearly, the pattern of Yash to block - Abhas(night 0), CG( night 1), Hedger( night 2). These 3 people really looked sounding as town on these days questioning each and everyone, & Abhas looked like town most of the times with those initial pressure tactics
As I said above:
I did try to role block the experienced ones thinking they must be having some crucial anti-town role. Why would MaD give the role of a mafia to a inexperienced one. And I sure was right seeing Abhas given a mafia role.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I agree on that, I did try to role block the experienced ones thinking they must be having some crucial anti-town role. Why would MaD give the role of a mafia to a inexperienced one. And I sure was right seeing Abhas given a mafia role.

It should be random, he doesn't select who gets what. I still find it strange how you roleblocked us instead of some other players who were giving off mafia vibes early.

This is senseless. Dude, even I haven't watched any of his movie. If I was faking my character claim I'd have gone with some common superhero like Superman and stuff.

No you wouldn't, because Superman would already be in the game so you'd get cced. You had to choose someone uncommon who wasn't likely to be in the game.

I'm starting to lean towards Manly now, Hedger and Suren have brought up some very valid points.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
These 3 people really looked sounding as town on these days questioning each and everyone, & Abhas looked like town most of the times with those initial pressure tactics.

The only thing he can say in his defence is that we suspected him but to be honest, that's pretty much just an OMGUS, if he was town, he'd let us do our role and let us get reports.

I still really want to know why we lynched Jack over Yash yesterday.

Either way, I think I want a Manly lynch today. I just wish there was somebody else to confirm ste as a commuter but nobody else has visited him but no other reason to explain no town dying clears him pretty much. I want Suren and Callum's thoughts on this though.

Although, does Callum's vig kill go through if you die. Cause if it does, then we could nl today and let Callum shoot between Manly/Yash, and Yash roleblocks Manly. Although if vig gets shot by mafia, does their kill still go through. Because if it doesn't, then we could be screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread