TAOC Bowling Animations

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
All the actions i find are for right arm bowlers.what about lefties?

well,for me atleast...they are more difficult to model cause am a righty myself..
so i can predict where the action is going and stuff !!

jkartik added 3 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Try to include a Mendis/Kumble/Afridi-like action perhaps. McGrath or Munaf Patel for the conventional fast bowler's action.

lets see....will try my best. the problem with animation is its really painstaking work giving you a lot of headaches and wrist injury (RSI).

have to do everything frame by frame , make sure the timeline is correct,
make sure its all smooth, is it matching the intended action etc...

not only that...i have to implement everything in the game as well and that is no easy task.

all said and done, i'll give it my best shot !

P

pcfan123

are there any video clips of these actions ? I am starting to get excited about this game.

Would love to see a Donald or Nel action. How about Paul Adams?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
are there any video clips of these actions ? I am starting to get excited about this game.

Would love to see a Donald or Nel action. How about Paul Adams?

as said earlier...the next vid will be full fledged showcasing everything that is done with the game ! ;)

hmmm...donald is interesting but nel is wayy too distinctive.....paul adams is a BIG NO NO !!! i want an action which is just normal and can be used on the other players.

so now, we have

Ishant Sharma
Munaf Patel
Allan Donald

gotta pick one........some help required here guys !!

jkartik added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I presume the actions can be mirrored to be used on lefties?

yup. thats how lefties will be implemented !

manee

Chairman of Selectors
In the interest in minimising the work for you...I think you should cut down the list to...

Fast (Brett Lee)
Fast medium/Medium fast (Munaf Patel)
Medium (Paul Collingwood)
Off Spinner (Chris Gayle)
Leg Spinner (Shane Warne)

Sureshot

Executive member
I think a wider variety of animations could enhance the image of TAOC.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
ok guys, have been working like CRAZY over the past few weeks on the bowling animations !! these are the ones currently in development and will most probably be the final list. if you think any important bowler / crucial action is missing...please post it !

Fast / Fast Medium (Brett Lee)
Fast / Fast Medium (James Anderson)
Fast / Fast Medium SLINGY (Lasith Malinga )
Medium Fast / Medium (Paul Collingwood)
Off Spinner (sehwag)
Off Spinner (Mendis)
Off Spinner Harbhajan Singh (If time permits)

is the list satisfactory ??

I don't think we really need Shane Warne action in the game. I love his bowling action and it is the best leg spinning action I like but he's retired and I am pretty sure no one can bowl like him. You should consider making a leg spinner's action like Afridi or Amit Mishra. There are barely any leg spinners these days who actually use fingers to spin. Almost 80% of these leg spinners are wrist spinners. Like you said, we don't need Murali's because he is about to retire, we don't need Warne's either. Don't get me wrong, this is just how I feel. Also, I really wish you create a fast bowling action like Zaheer Khan's. If you make Zaheer Khan's action then it can be used for many others. One I can think of now is Irfan Pathan. His bowling action is similer to Zaheer Khan's. Also, thank you really much for Harbhajan's bowling action. I hope you really finish him. I'll give you an idea of what I am talking about. I added more actions because liek Sureshot said, more animations will only make TAOC more greater.

Fast / Fast Medium (Brett Lee)
Fast / Fast Medium (James Anderson)
Fast / Fast Medium (Zaheer Khan)
Fast / Fast Medium (Mcgrath or Munaf)
Fast / Fast Medium SLINGY (Lasith Malinga )
Medium Fast / Medium (Paul Collingwood)
Off Spinner (sehwag)
Off Spinner (Chris Gayle)
Off Spinner (Harbhajan Singh) (for sure lol)
Leg Spinner (Afridi or Mishra)
Othordox Leg Spinner (Yuvraj)

If all of these are included in the game, it will BE the best cricket game ever. Not that without these it will suck but including these will just give more veriety to bowling.

Last edited:

Brook

Club Captain
I wouldn't model offspinners on Gayle, he hardly spins the thing.

I think you could perhaps have a chest on bowler like Flintoff and then the action for a sideways one.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Thought i'd put my 2c in here...

Thanks for all the suggestions, some really great feedback here. Inevitably some people will get disappointed as it is simply not possible to do every unique action there is. It takes a massive amount of time and effort to do a bowling action at the highest quality level we can and JK has been working overtime to do the ones we have so far. When you see them im confident you'll agree with me that they are quite amazing indeed!

However, we really need to get the most generic ones i feel, so we can apply them to most bowlers. I think it would maybe look wierd if actions were too unique and applied to ...kind of a waste to only be able to apply it to one bowler. In the end though JK's call and how many he wants to do.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
McGrath's should be done because even if he has retired we can see a complete generation trying to have his action.

Instead of Gayle's, I prefer Sehwag's action as its more conventional and can be applied to other bowlers easily.

Also, have you considered the wrong footed bowling actions? Sohail Tanveer?

harrisb

International Coach
you should do flintoff, because he has a different action to everyone else, he stands up and bowls whereas Anderson is one to go down when he bowls

Users who are viewing this thread