WC 2007 Final

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nick Knight did actually say at the start of the season it'd be his last and for Warwickshire to plan for life without him.
Then around half-way through the season he said he'd retire at the end of the season, it wasn't out of the blue at all.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umpires admit mistake

Jeff Crowe from the umpiring team in charge of the World Cup Final has admitted they (the umpiring team) made a mistake at the end of the World Final by suggesting the match had to be ended the next day with only 3 overs left.

Such incompetance

Link here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6604763.stm

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Animator! said:
Nick Knight did actually say at the start of the season it'd be his last and for Warwickshire to plan for life without him.
Then around half-way through the season he said he'd retire at the end of the season, it wasn't out of the blue at all.
not what i heard m8

manee

Chairman of Selectors
zimrahil said:
Jeff Crowe from the umpiring team in charge of the World Cup Final has admitted they (the umpiring team) made a mistake at the end of the World Final by suggesting the match had to be ended the next day with only 3 overs left.

Such incompetance

Without the umpiring machine Simon Taufel, international games fall apart.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
manee said:
The one question is, can they do the quintuple and win the Twenty20 World Cup to add to the Champions Trophy, Ashes, Super Series and World Cup.

Well considering the form that they are in, they will win the Twenty20 World Cup even more comprehensively. They are in such top form!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
What Australia did will never be matched again. That is that in the last 20 overs of each match, they had already the match in the bag.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
i don't see anyone matching their force:

gilly, hayden, ponting, symonds, white, watson

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
How many ICC officials does it take to change a lightbulb? At least a committee of five, none of whom will have read the instruction manual, but each of whom will have a louder and more forthright opinion than the other about how best to do it. If that reads like the start of a bad joke, then it is nothing compared to its ending.
Boy, do I love the guys at Cricinfo. In fact, this
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/292777.html

is one of the best articles I've read for a long time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11215

wow that article is a must read very good. starts well ends well and is great in the middle all hail cricinfo.

irottev

School Cricketer
I hope Murili retires, first of all he's a chucker and he cheated in a game claiming to take a catch he knew he'd dropped. And i'm sick of seeing him around.

And about the whole next day thing, there seems to be little mention of Rudi, who's fault this really is. He's been making some bad decisions lately too.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
irottev said:
I hope Murili retires, first of all he's a chucker and he cheated in a game claiming to take a catch he knew he'd dropped. And i'm sick of seeing him around.

Yer lets get rid of Fernando aswell cos he's a cheat :p

Sureshot

Executive member
irottev said:

Have a lemon might get rid of that bitter taste. There was no evidence to suggest to ball touched the ground or not his arm/wrist was in the way so how you can come to a conclusion is through only guess work.

Crikey, haven't posted since the win last night (been a busy bee).

Well done Australia, fully deserved.

The game itself was quite odd and of course the end ruined it (not surprising given other off field problems in the tournament) but Gilly was unbelievable. Really enjoyed it.

It's finally over too, it's been long, far too long imo. The ICC needs to learn alot for the next world cup. Oooh, the BCCI being involved in a world cup organisation, that will be fun.....

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
saisrini80 said:
Well considering the form that they are in, they will win the Twenty20 World Cup even more comprehensively. They are in such top form!

Hey you never know, any of these new guys going to Bangla in may might be a 2020 god ;) :p

I can dream can't I?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Think I didn't post in this thread at all. Only an observation that all 3 major Asian teams have had a go at Aussies in the finals and none succeeded. Maybe next time its Bangladesh against Aussies in the final.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
zimrahil said:

Such incompetance

Sounds like Rudi should have been taking the blame as he was the one that suggested the teams could comeback the next day. Silly silly stuff how can they forget the D/L total that they just calculated. What is the point of D/L if we can comeback another day.

Users who are viewing this thread