Xbox 360 or PC Version or PS3

velvetsky01

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im torn guys i dont know what to get....

My thinking has always been PC for the mods (if there can be any!) but iv just got a new hdd for my Xbox 360 so now i can fit it on there and not have that annoying CD drive noise! So im not sure - which version is best? I thought PC at 1st but after playing the xbox demo again there doesnt seem to be as many AI run outs than the games iv played on the Pc

HELP!!! lol

sl_fan

School Cricketer
i guess pc version will be better than xbox 360 version ! :)

bad_till_bones

Club Cricketer
If u hve xbox then u should not think. Use the gadgets on which u hve invested.... :D

.::Stevo::.

International Coach

Your not a very good guesser are you?

I don't get this whole PC thing. Sure you can mod 'some' things. But it's not going to look any better than either of the Xbox or the PS3. Also with the console you can use you big ass TV, better online play, and you can play with your mates.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Im torn guys i dont know what to get....

My thinking has always been PC for the mods (if there can be any!) but iv just got a new hdd for my Xbox 360 so now i can fit it on there and not have that annoying CD drive noise! So im not sure - which version is best? I thought PC at 1st but after playing the xbox demo again there doesnt seem to be as many AI run outs than the games iv played on the Pc

HELP!!! lol

OK.

The factors you need to take into account are:

Xbox 360:

Bigger TV screen
No 'CD noise' (doesn't bother me personally).
If it runs well on Xbox 360, it'll run well.

PC:

Cheaper
Smaller screen (unless you've connected your PC to your bigscreen)
Likelihood of editing of sound, graphics, kits and so on
Depending on your PC, it may or may not run as well as on the Xbox 360

Hope that helps with your decision. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Long term, I reckon you'll be right.

If u hve xbox then u should not think. Use the gadgets on which u hve invested.... :D

Yes, but he's also 'invested' in a PC...

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

I don't get this whole PC thing. Sure you can mod 'some' things. But it's not going to look any better than either of the Xbox or the PS3. Also with the console you can use you big ass TV, better online play, and you can play with your mates.

You can use your big tv with PC as well. All you need is the right cable and your PC being in reasonable proximity to the TV.

Also, don't underestimate the differences mods can make to a game long-term. A good example is EA Cricket 07. On the consoles (if it was out on them), it was crap and would've remained so. On PC, after many mods and patches, it was vastly improved. It was still rubbish - you can't polish a turd - but it was improved. Now just think how improvements would affect Ashes 2009 PC - a game which is most certainly not a turd.

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
If it can run it, PC. You'll get more for your (less) money ;)

sl_fan

School Cricketer

lol :laugh

dude pc has better graphics than Consoles ! :sarcasm (if you have a good gaming VGA ;) ) .... but when we talk about this game they gotta fix the AA bug !:facepalm ...... if they fix it in the final version of the game definitely it will look better than consoles !! :p

PS. if you wanna use your big ass tv you can use it with pc as well ;) all the way at 1920x1080 ! :D

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
PS3 version please. XBox is baby. ;)

velvetsky01

School Cricketer
Many Thanks for you help Masterblaster...

I think your right I think PC (as a long term thing) is prolly best. I just hope all the clever people CAN edit it and mod it (maybe the run out bug can be fixed if it hasnt already)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
PS3 version please. XBox is baby. ;)

They're both babies compared to the PC. :p

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Many Thanks for you help Masterblaster...

I think your right I think PC (as a long term thing) is prolly best. I just hope all the clever people CAN edit it and mod it (maybe the run out bug can be fixed if it hasnt already)

No problem. As long as you have a decent PC that ran the demo well, I'd say PC is the way to go. As for the runout bug, it's such a glaring problem that I'd be amazed if it wasn't squished by Transmission in time for the full release, if not, it should die in a patch.

As far as I'm aware, they've been able to edit/mod all cricket games that have come out so far...

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Nah if only they made games only for PS3.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member

That, my friend is a mis conception. PC games always look much better than the consoles for the price of a graphics card merely being like 1/5'th of a 360 if not less. I'm talking with those on desktops.

Not wanting to spark off a debate but just my 2 cents.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Nah if only they made games only for PS3.

Bollocks to that. :laugh

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

That, my friend is a mis conception. PC games always look much better than the consoles for the price of a graphics card merely being like 1/5'th of a 360 if not less. I'm talking with those on desktops.

Not wanting to spark off a debate but just my 2 cents.

Indeed. We have been gaming in HD for years - it's called using a monitor... :p

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Lol why does everyone hate the xbox its a great console and unlike many of you xbox haters know xbox has many more exclusives than the PS3. Games wise I think there is basically no contest the Xbox has a lot more games.

Concerning this thread I would say get it on the Xbox because a computer is meant for many things playing games is one compared to the many others. The xbox is purely meant for gaming and you will enjoy it more. If you really love the patches and you want to edit the game do the expensive thing and buy both.

Users who are viewing this thread