AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can you tell me the difference between the _a, _d, _n and _s files? Why did I only need to replace the _d file? Thanks for helping.
They are different maps. _d is for diffuse map, _n is for normal map, _s is for specular map, _a might be for ambient occlusion. You need to replace all the textures if you want the best quality. The diffuse map is used to define the colour so its the one generally replaced.

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
They are different maps. _d is for diffuse map, _n is for normal map, _s is for specular map, _a might be for ambient occlusion. You need to replace all the textures if you want the best quality. The diffuse map is used to define the colour so its the one generally replaced.

What I generally do is keep same for both second and last (The ones with big size images):)

dannaz94

School Cricketer
Okay, that means the data is getting corrupted. Either the editor is messing it up at some stage while importing or you could be replacing the wrong file. Try extracting the bat back from the big file to see if it is fine or corrupted.

i extracted the bat and i can view it perfectly fine

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Must be a bug then. Should be fixed in the next version.

mytimeisnow

Club Captain
Hi AbBh,

I have seen in one of the recently posted pics by kabooka where he is playing with Devils team.
So far I have not found a way to play with those teams.

Please help

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
In the titles within the editor, we should be able to click on them so that they can be grouped. For instance, it would be good to click on "Type" at the top so that Texture Archive, FSB Sound file ect. can be arranged together. Is this possible? I click and get nothing.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In what format I should save the but_multiplatform_Shoulder files located in gdata\global.texpack. I have tried DXT1 ,DXT 5, DXT1 with 1 bit, DXT 3. But the edited file is way more in size then the original one.:noway

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Hi AbBh,
I have seen in one of the recently posted pics by kabooka where he is playing with Devils team.
So far I have not found a way to play with those teams.
Please help
In customsation -> Squad Editor, you can edit the logos and names of the last four teams. There are various options - Aces, Burn, Devils, Dragons, Thunder, Wolves etc

In the titles within the editor, we should be able to click on them so that they can be grouped. For instance, it would be good to click on "Type" at the top so that Texture Archive, FSB Sound file ect. can be arranged together. Is this possible? I click and get nothing.
Yeah, I need to add sorting/grouping ability to the interface. Will do once I fix all the bugs.

In what format I should save the but_multiplatform_Shoulder files located in gdata\global.texpack. I have tried DXT1 ,DXT 5, DXT1 with 1 bit, DXT 3. But the edited file is way more in size then the original one.
Save them as DXT5 with no mipmaps. But there is an issue with that texpack file as its format is slightly different from other texpack files so replacing textures may or may not work.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
I just extracted Symonds face model to study how faces are done but it's in a model archive format(.model). Does anyone have any idea how I can extract it?

mourougan

School Cricketer
Hi AbBh,
i am using vista premium, i can't open big editor. It give the message as : "failed to open the big archive". Error message : Format of the programme is incorrect. Help me Pls.

dannaz94

School Cricketer
Hi AbBh,
i am using vista premium, i can't open big editor. It give the message as : "failed to open the big archive". Error message : Format of the programme is incorrect. Help me Pls.

have you tried running as administrator and also make sure that the async.big file is not read only

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I just extracted Symonds face model to study how faces are done but it's in a model archive format(.model). Does anyone have any idea how I can extract it?
Its a proprietary format.
I can extract the textures from them but the models aren't editable yet.

Users who are viewing this thread