The Retro Thread

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here is the place for you to share your creations of classic and retro teams.

Each team will be listed in the OP for ease of access.

This thread is also available for anyone that wants to discuss retro projects with others.

Uploaded teams:

• Australia 1993 - The SFC Chris
• England 1993 - The SFC Chris
• Pakistan '99 WC - DON1_
• Pakistan '07 WC - DON1_
• West Indies '50s and '60s - Mouseydread

Last edited:

pinku

Associate Captain
Hi guys i have made two classic Pakistan sides from World cup 99 and World cup 2007. It is the best i could do for what we have available in terms of logos ( thanks to @Llewelynf as i have edited his logos for the kits) i have very basically edited the faces of players.
Also i have assigned bats that were already in game.
Both teams are now on the academy as:

Pakistan Wc 2007
Pakistan Wc 99

My psn id: DON1_

Ashes Cricket_20171211223214.jpg Ashes Cricket_20171211222616.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@cd779 as an FYI - there is a logo of the old England TCCB Lion and Stumps on the academy. My memory aint what it used to be but I think @Llewelynf made it cuz i asked him? (Am i dreaming this??)

i also seem to think i saw somewhere someone said they created the old Australia ACB 2 batsman logo, but i can't for the life of me find it - did someone do this???

anyway, search logos for Eng 80s and you can add the TCCB Lion and Stumps to your Ashes 1993 (i've done that in my downloaded one). and if we can chase down the ACB logo we'll be getting somewhere.

pinku

Associate Captain
Ashes Cricket_20171211225057.jpg

Classic England coming soon...

May need some help guys in regards to players being linked as i am terrible at that.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I've uploaded a 1950s Era West Indies Squad. This has the best of the players who played in the 1950s. My username is "Mouseydread".

west_indies_cricket_team_1957.jpg

and a 1960s era West Indies Squad. This has the best of the 1960s players. An era that was very good for the West Indies. I did something similar with DB17.

WIvEng1963.jpg

A note that the players that cross eras I will add later, (players like Richards, Lloyd, Holding, Greenidge will appear in both 1970s and 1980s for now they will appear in one team then I'll add them later to the other squad they were less at their peak with - which is difficult!)

For now though two full squads are uploaded. Am working on the the later eras now and then will add the "spagging" afterwards. :) I should have the 30s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s up by the weekend. I am currently tweaking the ratings to reflect a players ICC Ratings where I can.

Last edited:

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've uploaded a 1950s Era West Indies Squad. This has the best of the players who played in the 1950s. My username is "Mouseydread".

west_indies_cricket_team_1957.jpg

and a 1960s era West Indies Squad. This has the best of the 1960s players. An era that was very good for the West Indies. I did something similar with DB17.

WIvEng1963.jpg

A note that the players that cross eras I will add later, (players like Richards, Lloyd, Holding, Greenidge will appear in both 1970s and 1980s for now they will appear in one team then I'll add them later to the other squad they were less at their peak with - which is difficult!)

For now though two full squads are uploaded. Am working on the the later eras now and then will add the "spagging" afterwards. :) I should have the 30s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s up by the weekend. I am currently tweaking the ratings to reflect a players ICC Ratings where I can.
Can't wait till you do some classic 80S teams most of my players in DBC 17 were done by you you have a real talant for the players faces keep up the good work

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@cd779 as an FYI - there is a logo of the old England TCCB Lion and Stumps on the academy. My memory aint what it used to be but I think @Llewelynf made it cuz i asked him? (Am i dreaming this??)

i also seem to think i saw somewhere someone said they created the old Australia ACB 2 batsman logo, but i can't for the life of me find it - did someone do this???

anyway, search logos for Eng 80s and you can add the TCCB Lion and Stumps to your Ashes 1993 (i've done that in my downloaded one). and if we can chase down the ACB logo we'll be getting somewhere.
It was done in DBC 17 I requested it and inertSpark made it but he has not been around for awhile.I asked you on PS if you could ask Llewelyn to try and make it I use it on my 80 aussie team

images (12).jpg I thought I would post it so if anyone wants to do it they know what we are talking about 

Last edited:

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll be doing a 1990-95, 1996-03 and 2004-08 squads for both Australia and England, then maybe some '70s and '80s squads[DOUBLEPOST=1513058267][/DOUBLEPOST] I'm sure we will get the bats and logos once the PC version is out
Yeah thats what I was thinking I have had the game since release but haven't played it yet as I am waiting for more logos and classic teams are made I might have to get it on pc now I hqve a pc that should run it just to do some classic logos from the 80's and 90's also looking forward to what you can also produce you did some good stuff in DBC 17

Users who are viewing this thread