The Retro Thread

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
A quick list of 60s England cricketers to make a squad (probably missed a few)

G. Boycott
R. Subba Row
RW. Barber
J. Edrich
K. Barrington
C. Cowdrey
MJK. Smith
T. Dexter
T. Graveney
B. D'Oliveira
JM Parks
A. Knott
F. Titmus
F. Trueman
J. Snow
P. Pocock
B. Statham
D. Underwood
T. Lock

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A quick list of 60s England cricketers to make a squad (probably missed a few)

G. Boycott
R. Subba Row
RW. Barber
J. Edrich
K. Barrington
C. Cowdrey
MJK. Smith
T. Dexter
T. Graveney
B. D'Oliveira
JM Parks
A. Knott
F. Titmus
F. Trueman
J. Snow
P. Pocock
B. Statham
J. Emburey
T. Lock

John Emburey made his test debut in 1978...

Bit odd seeing Knotty there for the 60s too, but sure enough he made his debut in 1967!

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
John Emburey made his test debut in 1978...

Bit odd seeing Knotty there for the 60s too, but sure enough he made his debut in 1967!

Yes. You're quite right. Had a brain melt moment. Ment Underwood. I'd consider Knott and Underwood as 60s as their debuts were during the decade, and they're quite well known!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes. You're quite right. Had a brain melt moment. Ment Underwood. I'd consider Knott and Underwood as 60s as their debuts were during the decade, and they're quite well known!

really interesting actually, as it does make you think for those "era spanning" cricketers, what do you associate them most with.

anyway - my nitpicks aside - i look forward to seeing that team on the server: Graveney and D'Oliveira are 2 of my all time favourites.

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
really interesting actually, as it does make you think for those "era spanning" cricketers, what do you associate them most with.

anyway - my nitpicks aside - i look forward to seeing that team on the server: Graveney and D'Oliveira are 2 of my all time favourites.

True that. I wrote my University dissertation partly on the D'Oliveira affair. So feel invested with him!

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Whats the best way with making these teams? Create a team and add players, then link the players to on disk ATB?
Think I'm right in saying every on-disc historical side already has a version for download with names corrected. I downloaded all of them, then created the team and added all players who were already on-disc before going on to create those players not already in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread