The Retro Thread

pinku

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@wasteyouryouth when possible any chance you can do the faces on the pakistan teams i uploaded. They both have mostly the same players. I have done some basic work on some of them but most of them is just very basic.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@GorgeousGeorge59 can't speak for waste, but with my teams and the other ATB teams that have been uploaded, the bowling and batting ratings have been determined based on all-time highest ICC batting/bowling ratings divided by ten.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
yay... the super tusker you did was brilliant: i loved using it.

@GorgeousGeorge59 and @relaxedanderson did some great retro bats in dbc17 - hoping they both get PC ;)

That's still up in the air at the moment.

Being almost exclusively old-school when it comes to sport in general, I spent nearly 8 months getting DBC17 exactly as I wanted it and then Ashes was announced almost the next day.

I assumed I was future-proof and that all my creations would be compatible with the next version of DBC and so (I think) I junked a lot of my SVGs. Also, a lot of the bats I made with the in-game creator. The thought of having to go through all of that again isn't very appealing at the moment.

If there is a standalone Academy released on Saturday then I may have a look at it and start a very gradual editting process but I could lose interest very quickly.

Now if someone could make some sort of unofficial program that lets us export logos from DBC17 as SVGs then I will be all over it.

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
@GorgeousGeorge59 can't speak for waste, but with my teams and the other ATB teams that have been uploaded, the bowling and batting ratings have been determined based on all-time highest ICC batting/bowling ratings divided by ten.

Ok. Thats fine. Where abouts do you find that info for classic batsman. Say Colin Cowdrey for example?

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok. Thats fine. Where abouts do you find that info for classic batsman. Say Colin Cowdrey for example?
personally i rate the players on how i feel they should be rated, my theory is if anyone disagrees with my ratings, it takes all of 2 minutes to change it yourself

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
personally i rate the players on how i feel they should be rated, my theory is if anyone disagrees with my ratings, it takes all of 2 minutes to change it yourself
Yep, and the ICC rankings have their drawbacks. Notably that if you stick rigidly to the method I described above, some players (Brendan Julian for example, with 33) are rated extremely low.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Yep, and the ICC rankings have their drawbacks. Notably that if you stick rigidly to the method I described above, some players (Brendan Julian for example, with 33) are rated extremely low.
i tend to rate my players a little higher... Obviously some Australian bias haha, but Ricky Ponting being rated below 90 is an absolute farce...[DOUBLEPOST=1513184095][/DOUBLEPOST]It can be hard to rate some players though, as we often remember the best of players

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I would love to see some sort of 'consistency' attribute. Would be useful for some players (particularly all-rounders perhaps) who can have barn-storming sessions (Stokes, Stuart Broad) but can also flop massively (same two).

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I would love to see some sort of 'consistency' attribute. Would be useful for some players (particularly all-rounders perhaps) who can have barn-storming sessions (Stokes, Stuart Broad) but can also flop massively (same two).
It's a good idea, I don't know how it work though, maybe drops/raise all there stats by 25% occasionally?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's a good idea, I don't know how it work though, maybe drops/raise all there stats by 25% occasionally?
It could be linked to how in match confidence progresses. Or just mentality, the erratic players tend to be more aggressive.
Yeah, I've been tinkering around with a spreadsheet based on player averages and more general opinion. Gives each player rating that equates to a number of skill points - very nerdy. The retro teams, for me anyway, are the ideal way to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread