18th Match, Group E: England v South Africa at Bridgetown

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Actually if Sri Lanka finish 2nd and us 1st we might not even have to face AUS, it could be a semi against SL/WI and a final against one of the Group E teams.

Well done England, honestly the 1st time since I have started watching cricket that I think they have a realistic chance to win a major tournament

You are rating WI higher than India for having a shot at the semis even though WI have a worser NRR? And you also said in another thread that you fancy India beating WI tomorrow.:eek:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Always thought the English had turn the corner after seeing their group matches. The inconsistent SA back to their best. With the talent they have they really should be doing so much better but good on the English, starting to click in these shorter forms.

P

pcfan123

I did not put much thought into it since my point was that England might not have to play Australia. That is the point I was trying to drive home.

As for the 2nd spot in that group, it could easily be India, SL or Windies. You never know, India is the better team on paper but Windis are playing at home and Gayle is due a big innings.

Im betting on India btw. 5 mill

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I did not put much thought into it since my point was that England might not have to play Australia. That is the point I was trying to drive home.

As for the 2nd spot in that group, it could easily be India, SL or Windies. You never know, India is the better team on paper but Windis are playing at home and Gayle is due a big innings.

Im betting on India btw. 5 mill

I love you for that now.:clap:hpraise

P

pcfan123

Lol just calling it like I see it, India should be able to smash all the Windies bowlers once they see off Roach.

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
SA really have been watching Clarke bat too much, their poor starts are to blame mostly, just because Kallis had 2 or 3 good games opening in the FAIL-PL doesnt mean squat, he lost them 2 or 3 too. Cant believe there isnt crazy young big hitting talent is domestic SA, they shouldnt need to rely on old timers like Gibbs, Boucher and Kallis, but they can feel free to keep using them and FAILING. :facepalm

P

pcfan123

SA really have been watching Clarke bat too much, their poor starts are to blame mostly, just because Kallis had 2 or 3 good games opening in the FAIL-PL doesnt mean squat, he lost them 2 or 3 too. Cant believe there isnt crazy young big hitting talent is domestic SA, they shouldnt need to rely on old timers like Gibbs, Boucher and Kallis, but they can feel free to keep using them and FAILING. :facepalm

Graeme Smith might not be the best opener for Twenty20. He is such a reserved and gritty Test batsman that he looks out of place in this format

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Agree, Smith comes off every 4 or 5 games but in the other games he really bogs down the team, you just dont win 20 20 games having a start of 0/19 after 4 or 5 overs, you cant always rely on big hitting later, SA's game plan is flawed and has always been flawed in 20 20. I actually like Bosman as an opener, he has some great talent. I dont see why A Morkel or Van Der Merwe cant open and just blast a few. Even Boucher.

P

pcfan123

But I only have 2 arms ........ ba tum tish and back to being their enemy :p

Users who are viewing this thread