AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

Gurjot95

National Board President
Can you add this feature that while exporting the file, the file name is default as the original (in exporting file dialog box) so we dont have to rename to original file name while we replace or it automatically rename the file even if we replace with other file name?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is no need to rename the files. Names are only for convenience. As I've mentioned before, file names aren't even stored inside the big file.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Thanks but how game knows this is the exact file to use? Sorry I am n00b at it and how we can import file into game as you have added import feature in this version?

shrenik

International Coach
after going through the list several times,still i am unable to find the adboard files....will you please help.........if i give you the memory address of the adboard file can you find it through the editor ?

arjind

International Coach
Is there any way to change the overlay? if so i can't find it in the editor

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Thanks but how game knows this is the exact file to use? Sorry I am n00b at it and how we can import file into game as you have added import feature in this version?
Each file has a hash value associated to it which is a numerical representation of the file name. When you export a file its hash value is also exported along with the data. When you import this hash value is used to determine which file to replace. And the game also uses hash values to determine which file should be read.

The import feature lets you import a file(only texpack and wad for now). It automatically replaces the appropriate file, so that you won't need to search for each file and replace them.

after going through the list several times,still i am unable to find the adboard files....will you please help.........if i give you the memory address of the adboard file can you find it through the editor ?
Ad boards are stored in model files. Wait till they are supported by the editor.
If you are referring to the hexadecimal values given by Texmod as memory addresses - they are actually hash values.

Is there any way to change the overlay? if so i can't find it in the editor
There is a hud.xml in gdata.wad that seems to control the positioning of various elements, but apart from that I have not looked into editing overlays.

arjind

International Coach
are there any texture files? i can't seem to find even with the search

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
This is so unfair. PC users get the beta patches, player editor and the BIG editor. Us PS3 users get nothing :crying.

D

Dutch

This is so unfair. PC users get the beta patches, player editor and the BIG editor. Us PS3 users get nothing :crying.

Yep it is a bummer and one of the reasons I will always stick to PC for gaming!

Gurjot95

National Board President
Each file has a hash value associated to it which is a numerical representation of the file name. When you export a file its hash value is also exported along with the data. When you import this hash value is used to determine which file to replace. And the game also uses hash values to determine which file should be read.

The import feature lets you import a file(only texpack and wad for now). It automatically replaces the appropriate file, so that you won't need to search for each file and replace them.
Thanks for clearing this :)

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

This is the common reason PC owners state while defending their platform and IMHO it is one of the most attractive aspect of PC gaming!!!

Kabooka

International Cricketer

Don't fret mate, you've got yourself a PS3 !!! Ive got myself an Xbox 360 as well. Personally modding apart .... consoles are way easy & better to use.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Never knew gameplay is highly editable in AC.
Well it is all stored in a database, one of the really good things that I saw at the playtest was that they could change AI in game using a computer, so they made the game so they could tweak it easily, so it follows that once we can get in to that database we would be able to make an editor to do just about as much.

Users who are viewing this thread