AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

Hi I've tried to use this, not sure if this is a common problem but the program stops responding when i try to replace a texture pack it says importing on the bottom left but then it stops responding, any ideas how to fix this?

thank you!

Your OS would be Vista or 7.
Right click the Application and run it as an Administrator.

ss20100203154211.png

Do what worked for me.

I copied the async.big to other drive
There were no problems with importing.

Try it. It works 100%
I dont know how and why but it surely works.
Best of luck:)

I don't think you should need to do that with the latest version. It automatically tries to run as administrator. If you have UAC enabled, a prompt will be shown. If you have a limited user account, you might have trouble running it.

You can edit australian squad i think. I have done it for sure

not sure where to post this but does anyone know the path to install pitchads? and has anyone released pitchads in DDS format?

this might sound a bit wack but is there anysort of shoe if so where are they. i would love to see my puma spikes in game on the players feet

not sure where to post this but does anyone know the path to install pitchads? and has anyone released pitchads in DDS format?

I may be wrong but I think the pitchads are among the stadium textures which aren't supported in the big editor yet - hopefully in the next version.

I had this idea in my mind for about 2 days and if i dont post it then my head might explode:p

There must be some file which have code relating a animation to a specific button press event. Such as hooking the ball when leg side direction is selected and A button is pressed on the controller. In this way all the batting animations might be bind to the keypress events. So if abbh or someone somehow manages to find that file and edit it successfully then it would open a Pandora box of possibility which would create Ashes our dream game. I'll tell you how so:

1) Editing such file would mean that unsupported controllers would be compatible and can be easily mapped. A simple GUI program can be created then to allow keys remapping.

2) There is ducking animation in the game but player itself decided to duck or get hit :P If the code of that control file is simple then this animation might be combined with the key. There are several types of duck, thence those can be configured with direction and ducking button. Same could be done for sweep shot and leaving the ball.

3)Same can be said about bowler appealing. At the moment the bowler itself decides when to appeal or not. Sometimes it doesnt appeal even on the clear outs and sometimes it appeals when batsman is clearly not out. If edited properly then this code could be configured to a button. This would be awesome

Above mentioned are only few changes that would be possible once someone figure out key bindings. It is not impossible, it is just difficult at the moment with Abbh busy with his exam preps and rest of us are just too good:sarcasm to find that file..... well you know:p

i have found the file

</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="midcrouch-appeal-stand" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="304" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="midcrouch-2handsup-v2" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="302" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="midcrouch-2handsup-v1" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="300" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="midcrouch-1handup-v2" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="298" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="midcrouch-1handup-v1" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="296" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="2_hands-v3" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="284" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="2">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="2_hands-v1" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="282" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="2_hands_walk_forward-v1" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="294" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />
</AnimSequence>
<AnimSequence Name="2_hands_spin_135-v1" Folder="\Fielder\Appeals" Filename="animation/cricket.mrp" Index="292" PlayMode="Once" BlendType="Blend" UseMotionController="true" ReferenceCount="1">
<Attributes />

THIS FILE NAMED CRICKET IN THE ANIMATION.WAD SEEMS TO COMTROL THE APPEALS...
SEE IF U CAN FIGURE IT OUT

this might sound a bit wack but is there anysort of shoe if so where are they. i would love to see my puma spikes in game on the players feet
Shoe textures are inside gdata.wad/global.texpack. There is an issue with editing that texpack file so importing new shoes may not work.

There must be some file which have code relating a animation to a specific button press event. Such as hooking the ball when leg side direction is selected and A button is pressed on the controller. In this way all the batting animations might be bind to the keypress events. So if abbh or someone somehow manages to find that file and edit it successfully then it would open a Pandora box of possibility which would create Ashes our dream game. I'll tell you how so:
The animations are not bound to keys. When you press a key a shot animation is played depending on where the ball pitched, batsman's confidence etc. There might be a file which contains keys mappings but the logic for shot selection is likely to be coded in the exe.

Hi AbBh, this has probably been asked many times but do you know where the ai field settings are located? The default ones are my one big bugbear with the game. I'd love to have a tinker with them.

Hi AbBh, this has probably been asked many times but do you know where the ai field settings are located? The default ones are my one big bugbear with the game. I'd love to have a tinker with them.

hmmm that will be nice

Shoe textures are inside gdata.wad/global.texpack. There is an issue with editing that texpack file so importing new shoes may not work.
REALLY?? I only see the Asics one's and they are not in game

Also: any idea of next release? It would be great

The animations are not bound to keys. When you press a key a shot animation is played depending on where the ball pitched, batsman's confidence etc. There might be a file which contains keys mappings but the logic for shot selection is likely to be coded in the exe.

Just my two cents, once your exams are complete, please try to work on gameplay patch. Graphical changes can only take us so long but the gameplay is the major criteria. If you can do something with the exe (similar to cric07), it would be great. I wish I can see more swing in the game :)

PS: Please do not flame me or this post modders, I like to modify the graphics of my game but not more than the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread