Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Just had the most ridiculous crash. Bowling with Swann, I tossed one up to a tailender (forget who) who gives me a nice chip back to me. I press the catch button, the camera changes and all of a sudden the ball has gone straight by Swann who just stands there looking stern!

The game then froze, as can be seen from my screenshot.

Now....where's that receipt?

Attachments

• DSC00221.JPG
    DSC00221.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
Just had the most ridiculous crash. Bowling with Swann, I tossed one up to a tailender (forget who) who gives me a nice chip back to me. I press the catch button, the camera changes and all of a sudden the ball has gone straight by Swann who just stands there looking stern!

Are you on PC?

It seems these freezing bugs are only happening on the PC version. Has anyone on ps3 experienced it?

Has it happened often? If not, then you're being daft taking it back if it's only happened once. Also, there's no way Game will refund you if it's a PC game (if that's where you got it from). It's their policy not to refund/exchange PC games anymore. :(

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

what a waste of money graphics are terrible if you like this game u r easily pleased:

Graphics are not everything, you know. :sarcasm

It's on the 360, as I mentioned above.

The crash basically the straw that broke the camels back tbh. Game is generally rubbish and I feel I have more than enough reasons to return it.

The run out bug is just so hilariously bad. How on earth was it missed :laugh

Anyone else come across the daft stumping issue, not had a proper chance to view forums?

Last edited:
Well i was playing in single player, a batman edges the ball to wicketkeeper it said press x on green so i pressed x, then the ball started going towards the boundary and the fielders were running in slow motion, and they batters did not run. something like this happened online as well..

The major annoying thing is that with spinners you can keep bowling wides and even if you dont offer a shot or play a simple drive/glance and miss it, your feet are outside the crease and by the time the batsmen tries to get back (pressing the Back button asap) still not quick enough and you end up getting Stumped... WTF!

The run out bug is just so hilariously bad. How on earth was it missed :laugh

Anyone else come across the daft stumping issue, not had a proper chance to view forums?

I do agree with this. The run-out bug occurs so frequently that there's no excuse for not being picked up in 'beta testing'. What's worse is that it can be a game-killing bug. Whilst the other bugs are still unacceptable it's maybe more believable that they could have been missed in testing due to them being so rare.

i only get freezing online whilst waiting to start a new over, i select my ball type and just freezes, also the speeds of the bowlers are awful and the bouncers aren't really much use as the dont seem to be fast enough. Run out errors and i also had a clear catch on green, ball didn't hit the floor and it was given not out.
Not a bug but too many people online quit (ps3) and it does neither class as a win, give you your wickets/runs, what ever you were doing and the people have no registration of them quitting so they do it more often as it doesn't show on their record.

oo yeh, and the pitch umpire seems to the third umpire, whats up with that!

Last edited:
run out bugs i have encountered!

I experienced, Aussies are looking weaker in batting then England! :laugh

gamsurya added 8 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Has anybody played PERFECT timing shot against J Anderson.

So difficult! :facepalm

Just played a forward defensive from Andy Strauss which trickled to silly mid off.

Suddenly the camera cut to a shot of the sky and the umpire signalled 6!!

Checked the stats and yes, Strauss had been given a 6.

PMSL :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

The major annoying thing is that with spinners you can keep bowling wides and even if you dont offer a shot or play a simple drive/glance and miss it, your feet are outside the crease and by the time the batsmen tries to get back (pressing the Back button asap) still not quick enough and you end up getting Stumped... WTF!

This is the stumping issue I mentioned above, works both for and against you and is just plain rubbish.

Not sure whether this has been mentioned, but I have had an issue (ps3) where they completed 1 successful run, then went for a second and pulled out of it, however both batsmen ended up down the same end and i was unable to run them out.

Users who are viewing this thread