Australia tour of South Africa 2018

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rabada breaking so many records in this match. Amazing bowler ! Would be a big loss for SA if he misses out next two matches.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Rabada is suspended for 2 matches and he lost the series for SA.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Excellent victory by South Africa! Rabada bowled really well, unfortunate for him to miss out the next two tests, still a pretty big blow. Credit should go to ABD, he's a class player and that 126* was stunning to watch. Loved the intent he showed in that innings, just wanting to get runs and attacking the Aussie bowlers. He took the game away from them. This is going to be interesting with the series squared at 1-1. Hope to see SA come on top![DOUBLEPOST=1520870649][/DOUBLEPOST]
Massively underrating the SA bowling depth
It's a still a big blow nevertheless, he played a big part in bring Aus down with 11 wickets. Morkel generally seems to be a hit or miss bowler. He hasn't been the lethal bowler he was a couple of years ago.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's absolutely ridiculous that players from the non-big 3 keep getting suspensions, like Rabada, to the detriment of world cricket, while nothing of the sort seems to ever come down on players from Australia, England or India, particularly the former two. Admittedly, Indian players are much more disciplined and don't seem to have an issue with discipline generally. Nonetheless, rowdy drinking incidents and perpetual crossing of lines for England and Australia are just the "cricketing culture" there while we see significant test suspensions for others like Rabada. The playing field is definitely not even.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It's absolutely ridiculous that players from the non-big 3 keep getting suspensions, like Rabada, to the detriment of world cricket, while nothing of the sort seems to ever come down on players from Australia, England or India, particularly the former two. Admittedly, Indian players are much more disciplined and don't seem to have an issue with discipline generally. Nonetheless, rowdy drinking incidents and perpetual crossing of lines for England and Australia are just the "cricketing culture" there while we see significant test suspensions for others like Rabada. The playing field is definitely not even.
Worst thing that happened to Rabada was the demerit point he got for the wicket of warner
I just cant understand what wrong did he do there
He just shouted YES! YES! in a loud voice infront of him
What is wrong in that
Australian bowlers give send offs to batsman most of the time. And if this was wrong then why didn't warner get a demerit point when he shouted like this to markram when he got AB runout.
Send offs are send offs unless there is no physical contact and a lot of swearing.Then why treat them differently
Faf was quite right in saying that this demerit point system is quite rigid and is not helping in ressurecting test cricket one bit
Bcoz this demerit point system comes into play only when the onfield umpires take the decision to match referee after the match
But it is totally based on the perception of the umpires whether they think that a particular send off is wrong or not
So for the same offence one umpire might take it to the match referee and the other umpire wont
So where is the consistency then as was pointed out by Faf too
Ashes series is always played with great intensity and both the teams have a go at each other in one way or the other but did we see even one demerit point being given to anyone in the recent series
The same thing happened to rabada when they went to england
SA won the 2nd test match and series became even more interesting but then rabada was suspended for 1 match and philander was ill and couldn't play one match either
Ultimately 3rd and 4th test match became dead rubbers as england won them easily.
ICC just not understanding the repercussions of their faulty actions.
The recent ashes series was the most boring of all that I've seen so far just bcoz of exclusion of one player i.e. Stokes
Getting axed from the team for an offence that was not even related to cricket

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The most ridiculous thing i find in this episode is this comment from Faf

"As the match referee mentioned, there are bigger things at play here, that's why he didn't ban Davey Warner and make it a level three offence because it's a series between two big teams. I just asked the same question."

It is not the comment that is ridiculous, but the story of Warner not being banned and being charged with level three offence by the match referee because there were "bigger things at play". I think Rabada's loss is big a blow to the series (if not more)

S

Satan666

The most ridiculous thing i find in this episode is this comment from Faf

"As the match referee mentioned, there are bigger things at play here, that's why he didn't ban Davey Warner and make it a level three offence because it's a series between two big teams. I just asked the same question."

It is not the comment that is ridiculous, but the story of Warner not being banned and being charged with level three offence by the match referee because there were "bigger things at play". I think Rabada's loss is big a blow to the series (if not more)

Rabada was looking for it though and shouldve been ban a while ago. His behaviour on the field is very disgusting and provicative and unless he starts restraining, sooner or later some batsman will strike him.

I dont care how good he is, shouldnt be playing that type of way at all!

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Rabada was looking for it though and shouldve been ban a while ago. His behaviour on the field is very disgusting and provicative and unless he starts restraining, sooner or later some batsman will strike him.

I dont care how good he is, shouldnt be playing that type of way at all!
I agree, behaviour like that should be censured in some way. I was just commenting on the hypocrisy of how different players are handled differently based on for what country they play. I think we all know about Warner and his antics. It's a bit ridiculous that he gets away with a fine, especially considering that he's vice captain and needs to be held to a higher standard.

EDIT: This kind of clandestine supremacy from some is nothing new to cricket though. From umpires like Derrel Hair and the other umpire whose name escapes me calling Murli for chucking,(and even before him when Australia and England tried to do everything in their powers to weather the West Indian pace attack in the 80's), to reverse swing being equal to ball-tempering, to Vaseline on bats because Indian batsmen can't be that good, to all sorts of shenanigans. I just believe the ICC should come out of this already and act like the rest of the world.

Last edited:
S

Satan666

EDIT: This kind of clandestine supremacy from some is nothing new to cricket though. From umpires like Derrel Hair and the other umpire whose name escapes me calling Murli for chucking,(and even before him when Australia and England tried to do everything in their powers to weather the West Indian pace attack in the 80's), to reverse swing being equal to ball-tempering, to Vaseline on bats because Indian batsmen can't be that good, to all sorts of shenanigans. I just believe the ICC should come out of this already and act like the rest of the world.

Traditionally the English and Australian bowling unit been heavy on pace bowling so have no idea exactly what youre on about the 80s era, albeit overtime the rules have gone against pace bolwers but thats in general!

Last I check bowling with a bent arm is illegal, umpire Hair being the only one brave enough to call him up. As far as I am concerned he shouldve been ban, and his record permanently written off the record books. Again this is my opinion to which I am entitled to!

Wouldnt even bother to dwell into the rest!

If its any team excercising ‘Clandestine Supremacy’ its India they have destroyed cricket in the WI/NZ/SL by their greed and lust for power!

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Traditionally the English and Australian bowling unit been heavy on pace bowling so have no idea exactly what youre on about the 80s era, albeit overtime the rules have gone against pace bolwers but thats in general!
I was referring to the ridiculously biased umpiring here. Many retired players have even accepted this as fact. Also, to link the English or Aussie pace attack with the Windies of that time is cricketing injustice. That is quite possible the best attack of all time.

Last I check bowling with a bent arm is illegal, umpire Hair being the only one brave enough to call him up. As far as I am concerned he shouldve been ban, and his record permanently written off the record books. Again this is my opinion to which I am entitled to!
So I guess Derrel Hair is some cricketing genius, and yourself of course, and almost everyone else in the cricketing world (including those who officially tested his action multiple times) is wrong. Unfortunately for you, this is not a matter of opinion and the fact is clear enough. If someone is so blinded by their impartial and irrational hatred that they can't admit that was a travesty than that's exactly the point I was trying to make. Thanks for exemplifying the problem.

Sorry if that was a bit aggressive. I lost it a bit there. Didn't mean to offend.
EDIT: And I agree that the BCCI's practices have been far from good for cricket. I was more talking about their players, who I find are generally cordial compared to the Aussies.

Users who are viewing this thread