Chappell-Hadlee One Day Series (December 2016)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Aalay ; my point isn't the fact that he isn't good. Come to it, I would almost certainly rate him as the best (Test/ODI and probably T20) batsmen from the Asian Subcontinent at the moment. My point is simply that the likes of Williamson, Smith etc, have scored runs in slighter harder conditions than Kohli hence I rate them slightly higher than Kohli. One reason being that, India has a winning formula (Bat first, score big and bowl the opposition out on a 4th/5th day pitch) - nothing wrong with this formula. Kohli comes in at around 100/2 ish and scores big and that's how India have reached though winning totals over the last 18/24 months. I am not disagreeing with your point, I am just presenting my perspective of it.

However, in the future, Kohli could easily go above the likes of Root etc. but at the moment he is slightly below them, that's just my opinion.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The guy hasn't matured as expected over the past few years, so disappointing to see. Bad mouthing officials doesn't help him either.

I actually didn't think he did much wrong there. He was asked a question at a press conference and answered it as honestly as he could. On top of that the "leadership group" fined him for expressing his opinion. This means they basically want puppets who act according to their rules and it reminds me a bit of that homework gate that they had.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
but at the moment he is slightly below them, that's just my opinion.

Oh of course. As I said in my post, he is still behind all 3 (Root, Williamson, and Smith) in test cricket. If you ask any sensible Indian fans, they will tell you that. However, my point was that someone mentioned that he is not in the same category as the other 3 which is what my post was related to. He is definitely in the same category as them and is slowly getting closer to all 3 of them in test format as well. Of course, I have no doubt that he is the best player in limited overs cricket right now.[/user]

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
OK... Let me clarify this....
Steven Smith:- Great in Tests, Good in ODIs but shit in T20s
Kane Williamson:- Great in Tests, Good in ODIs but again shit in T20s
Joe Root:- Great in Tests and T2Os, good in ODIs

Virat Kohli:- Best in T20s (if you have any question, see his this years stats) , Great in ODIs, good in Tests..

The main fight is Joe root vs Virat Kohli... But in T20s, there is no competitor to VIRAT Kohli...

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Steven Smith:- Great in Tests, Good in ODIs but shit in T20s
Kane Williamson:- Great in Tests, Good in ODIs but again shit in T20s
Joe Root:- Great in Tests and T2Os, average in ODIs
Root has a better average in ODIs than the other two. How is he average?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mean Steve Smiths hundred at the IPL would say otherwise...

B

Bigby Wolf

@Aalay ; my point isn't the fact that he isn't good. Come to it, I would almost certainly rate him as the best (Test/ODI and probably T20) batsmen from the Asian Subcontinent at the moment. My point is simply that the likes of Williamson, Smith etc, have scored runs in slighter harder conditions than Kohli hence I rate them slightly higher than Kohli. One reason being that, India has a winning formula (Bat first, score big and bowl the opposition out on a 4th/5th day pitch) - nothing wrong with this formula. Kohli comes in at around 100/2 ish and scores big and that's how India have reached though winning totals over the last 18/24 months. I am not disagreeing with your point, I am just presenting my perspective of it.

However, in the future, Kohli could easily go above the likes of Root etc. but at the moment he is slightly below them, that's just my opinion.

Have you seen his last 100 vs England at Vizag??
India lost early wickets 20/2 Anderson was testing his paitence around the corridor of uncertainies.He survived that phase and scored a brilliant 167 on not so easy wicket to bat.Same in the 2nd innings on a detoriating wicket he scored a fluid 81 and made batting looked ridiculously easy.

When it comes to ODI only person that should be compared to Kohli is Hashim Amla.Both have Scored runs heavily Since 2012 in all conditions .
In Test matches Kohli has improved a lot in 2016.He was criticized for not converting his 100 into big ones but this year he already scored 2 doubles and a brilliant 167.
So in my perspective he is getting in there with likes Root,Williamson,Smith and will possibly go ahead of them in the upcoming years.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the Chappell-Hadlee thread right? I'm enjoying the debate going on here but whenever I visit this place thinking the latest post might be about the ODI series, I don't find it so of late.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
100 for Warner :)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Warner gone (Good catch by Williamson)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Grandhomme & Southee taking their deserved medicines. This is Australia for you don't rely on the performances against Pakistan on green top wickets

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Australia have been pure brutal. The thrashing of recent months have got the beast out of them.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I mean Steve Smiths hundred at the IPL would say otherwise...
Then Virat's hundered(s) in this years IPL would say otherwise...

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Grandhomme 9 overs for 74 and one wicket. Kinda expected. He will meet the same fate like many others who performed great against Pakistan on their debuts and then thrashed all over the park by some other quality batsmen teams. There is a good list of such players and some of those players are still playing for their sides riding high on that one performance and playing on their confidence relative to the talent they possess

Users who are viewing this thread